double adjustable levers

Many of the Chinese knockoff products are quite literally knocked off the same production line as the original manufacturing. For example, I bought my daughter a nice Lenovo laptop and then saw the exact same machine branded as HP, and then as something called a Super Bishwongfungmong or something like that - identical in specs and nearly identical in look. Seriously, a very big gripe of American manufacturers doing their production in China is that the factory will start producing product clones under a private label.

I have also seen some Chinese products that were total garbage. Hopefully these levers will be decent quality. Maybe RussJ and I can post something about them when we get ours.

But I do feel guilty buying a product that ripped off somebody else's design (e.g., Pazzo). I should just lie and say they are Pazzos if anybody asks me. :whistle:

I understand all the talk of tired of paying for the "name". And let's be honest the US economy sucks right now. but on the other hand I'm not installing $40 levers or $120 rotors or any other questionable products that my life depends on onto my $12,000 bike.

I understand all the talk of tired of paying for the "name". And let's be honest the US economy sucks right now. but on the other hand I'm not installing $40 levers or $120 rotors or any other questionable products that my life depends on onto my $12,000 bike.

Spoken like a true harley davidson owner... :rofl:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Who makes the rotors for Suzuki? I know we know who makes the calipers, but who makes the rotors? I know the M109R had a HORRIBLE batch of rear rotors that required replacement. Who's to say these aren't Chinese rotors from the factory? How would we know?

Spoken like a true harley davidson owner... :rofl:

Nothing could be further from the truth. apparently you did not comprehend my post. I'll make it a little more simple for ya. I will not install POS parts on MY bike. you do what you want.

Nothing could be further from the truth. apparently you did not comprehend my post. I'll make it a little more simple for ya. I will not install POS parts on MY bike. you do what you want.
You just backed up my point. If it isn't a brand name, its automatically junk..

Many of the Chinese knockoff products are quite literally knocked off the same production line as the original manufacturing. For example, I bought my daughter a nice Lenovo laptop and then saw the exact same machine branded as HP, and then as something called a Super Bishwongfungmong or something like that - identical in specs and nearly identical in look. Seriously, a very big gripe of American manufacturers doing their production in China is that the factory will start producing product clones under a private label.

I have also seen some Chinese products that were total garbage. Hopefully these levers will be decent quality. Maybe RussJ and I can post something about them when we get ours.

But I do feel guilty buying a product that ripped off somebody else's design (e.g., Pazzo). I should just lie and say they are Pazzos if anybody asks me. :whistle:

This happens a lot! It may seem a bit shady on the part of the manufacturer doing it, but it happens.

Sometimes companys do this to appeal to the entire customer base. They are paying virtually NOTHING to produce this stuff. Now, they know there is a selection of people who will pay way too much for their name to be on it, and they also know, they can sell a 'knockoff' brand of the same thing to the rest of the population while still making a substantial profit on them.

I'm not saying that is the case here, but it could be... perhaps we'll never know.

A stick of aluminum cut to a certain shape isn't some awe inspiring wonder. It's really simple to make, and make well. I don't see how these could be 'dangerous' as I seriously doubt the pressure it takes to pull these to their full compressed state could possibly break them. Unless you're the hulk, and pulled it passed it's range of operation.

You just backed up my point. If it isn't a brand name, its automatically junk..

:laugh: yes he did. Hes has no proof they are POS just assumes so becsuse they are cheap and not name brand. I hate it when people are lik that. Just costs them more money but whatever floats their boat

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

A stick of aluminum cut to a certain shape isn't some awe inspiring wonder. It's really simple to make, and make well. I don't see how these could be 'dangerous' as I seriously doubt the pressure it takes to pull these to their full compressed state could possibly break them. Unless you're the hulk, and pulled it passed it's range of operation.

agreed.

i prolly wouldn't use chinese rotors, no prob.

Example of a "Knock Off":

T-Rex Frame Sliders, the owner was on here and admitted that he "copied" the design from the original in Europe. He sells them for about 1/4 the price and they are very popular on this site.

Why pay more if it isn't justified for a freakin lever ???

agreed.

i prolly wouldn't use chinese rotors, no prob.

You wouldnt use the rotors? The last rotor thread we had a guy in portugal bought them and had a friend test them. Equal quality of a galfer rotor. Yes if you have money to burn, buy it from our sponsors or support the companies

Any new news on these? I heard from a guy on another forum he bought some of these levers for his CBX. he reports that the adjusters aren't real smooth and all of the hardware was loose. If you tighten them up too much they bind.

I'm looking at those Ebay Chinese levers and thinking how TF can you go wrong? Even if they are a bit sloppy---buy some expensive ones some day.

You guys are just to much! your riding ah jap bike, and you scared to use china levers? WTF:poke:

I'm not saying I wouldn't buy them, but jap products are almost always much higher quality than chinese.... They may both be asian, but they're by no means the same.

I am a fan of ASV levers, their lifetime/unbreakable warranty is LEGIT (you break your levers, send it in and get new ones FREE). Not cheap @ $125 each but worth it IMHO. Plus the adjustability is TOPS!

The $125 levers only have a 5 year guarantee. And I can't believe they're $125 each! That's ridiculous! The $90 ones have a 3 year.

Thought I'd drop a bit of info I am picking up on other boards I participate on. Getting 2-3 guys who have had cheap levers cause clutch operation problems. They are claiming the the lever piston pins wore down and the bike was creeping with clutch lever squeezed closed. One was a drag racer who said he had to replace a clutch from using the cheapy levers he had on there. A street /Sport rider said he simply went back to OEM levers and it was fine. Another guy said he thought it was possible to drill the hole bigger so the pin fits.

The thing is, Suzuki factory levers are cast as well as these cheaper ones. BUT zook has to back them up if something is wrong with them, and deal with the possible lawsuit. They probably build them with stricter QC than a Chinese factory that has nothing to lose. I will stick with my factory levers.

Food for thought: Had a friend that installed the carbon fiber look Emgo levers on his bike. Went out riding, and did a high speed run. Came to a stop, and when he went to take off, the bike refused to move. Had the bike towed to a shop, and come to find out the cheapie levers had a piece that was machined improperly, causing it to bind up.

Screw it, I'll take the plunge and order a set. For the price I can buy two complete sets of these for the price of one asv lever. They look similar to the pazzo lever in design. I have a file, drill and sand paper and could probably massage the lever to remedy the unsubstantiated claims some have made. Regardless, for about $200 less than the price of a set of ASV levers, I'm willing to fix a few minor inconveniences.

The issues that have been outlined seem similar to issues I've seen with other high end levers in the past.

Back