double adjustable levers

I have the FP Tacticals an love them. A friend of mine has the cheap eBay ones and there is a difference in the quality for sure. They might get the job done but mine feel 10x better than his do. The eBay ones have a couple of ridges in them that drive me nuts. There are sharp edges where the curve is on the front of the levers. He put them on at the beginning of last summer and wore out a pair of Alpinestars gloves because of the ridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine just brought a pair of these for his R1, they work just fine and look identical to the Pazzos. I see nothing wrong with the quailty of the levers. I think anybody not wanting or having the money for the FP Tacticals or Pazzos can't go wrong in purchasing these. Just my .02.

Well, I would never put eBay cheapies on my bike. With Pazzo (or FP Tactical) levers I know that the product is exactly as advertised. - If Pazzo says "billet aluminium", it's definitely going to be billet aluminium. I have no such confidence in anything made by the Chinese, especially since they are infamous for being utterly unscrupulous liars.
Those fake Pazzos might look OK, but I'll bet you they are NOT made out of billet aluminium; you'll probably find they're cast and then finished in a CNC.

I wouldn't take a chance on having my brake lever snap in half when I'm trying to do an emergency stop. Eff that.

And what kind of warranty will these Chinese death-merchants offer?

Edit: Russell, I am very disappointed in you. Use the proper equipment, Marine! I don't want to read a thread saying you're (back) in hospital because your crappy Chinese levers failed on you.

Edit: Russell, I am very disappointed in you. Use the proper equipment, Marine! I don't want to read a thread saying you're (back) in hospital because your crappy Chinese levers failed on you.

Its better than stock at least. If i feel they are unsafe i will go back to stocks or shell out the money. My original hospital visit didnt have to do with the bike lol

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Well, I would never put eBay cheapies on my bike. With Pazzo (or FP Tactical) levers I know that the product is exactly as advertised. - If Pazzo says "billet aluminium", it's definitely going to be billet aluminium. I have no such confidence in anything made by the Chinese, especially since they are infamous for being utterly unscrupulous liars.
Those fake Pazzos might look OK, but I'll bet you they are NOT made out of billet aluminium; you'll probably find they're cast and then finished in a CNC.

I wouldn't take a chance on having my brake lever snap in half when I'm trying to do an emergency stop. Eff that.

And what kind of warranty will these Chinese death-merchants offer?

Posted via Mobile Device

posted via mobile device

SON-I-AM-DISAPPOINT.jpg

SON-I-AM-DISAPPOINT.jpg

Ive got a set of the shorty chinese levers. Over 3000 miles of use without a single prob. Those adjustables did catch my eye.

I'm really wondering if the material matters. I'm pretty sure our stockers are cast aluminum, which would be weaker than ANY billet. The ones they are machining are made of billet since anodized cast levers would look like crap with porosity and all. I can't really see the difference. I owned Pazzo's before, and on my Busa I have the FP Racing but still, could it matter? As long as the levers mount good, and have bushings/etc, what could honestly be the difference. Quality of machining and anodizing or however else the Pazzos/etc are finished is the only thing I can think of..

I think we should take a group money pot, and buy all three levers (Pazzo, FP, and the Chinese ones) and then get them to a member that works in a place that could put them through a stress test and find out the case. I'd donate $5 or $10 just to find out...
:whistle:

I think we should take a group money pot, and buy all three levers (Pazzo, FP, and the Chinese ones) and then get them to a member that works in a place that could put them through a stress test and find out the case. I'd donate $5 or $10 just to find out...
:whistle:

I would as well because it would be hilarious for all these people who buy and defend the expensive ones so much and shun the cheaper ones.

Like I said, I already have the FP's I didn't order the Chinese ones simply because I've never had good luck with Ebay and China... I hardly doubt there is a strength difference. I'm pretty sure on my belief that they are stronger than the stockers either way!

I can never get that frickin site to fully load and when i try a link on the page i always get Failure to Connect to Server.

They need better hosting!

There was that guy in portugal who already proved the eBay rotors to be the exact same. We need to find that guy

I read that post. I'm fairly certain, even with my limited metallurgical knowledge that there is no non destructive test that he could have done to prove anything. To test the rotors, they would have been rendered useless. So unless he bought 2 pairs i call bs.

Here's my thoughts,

There may or may not be a slight difference in fit/finish quality, levers are not exactly high tech. But considering the low cost of labor (average $3.00 per week) and almost non-existant haz waste laws, it is very believable that their material and manufacturing costs are a fraction of ours. Then figure that they likely make/sell tens of thousands more than the name brands and the low price becomes more understandable. Inexpensive doesn't always mean "cheap".

I don't give much credit to the strength argument as I am sure the stock are simply mass produced cast units. I have never heard of anyone snapping off a lever just but using it. Maybe if it was damaged by a previous drop, but then that doesn't count either.

If the reviews come back good than I will likely buy a set. I have owned two BMW motorcycles and although I like them I am done paying for a name :banghead:

Now let the attacks begin, I can take it :laugh:

Back