Votes: 22 50.0%
  • NO !!!!

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • they had it coming

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
A tragic incident yes. Feel sorry for them NO!
Stuff like this happens every year to kids just like this all over the country. You sometimes have to pay the price for the stupid choices in life you make as a teenager. I lost 4 friends my senior year in high school to car crashes. It happens.

I am just happy that they did not kill or injure any innocent people. People doing things the right way following the rules. Not taking cars in the middle of the night and running for the cops.

\rant over

I voted not sure. Do I feel sorry for the girls? No. The families maybe.

Being the hardhead that I am, my kids know better than to take from me. If you steel from me you mean me no good, I have no use for you.
On the other hand, I am very glad that I started teaching my kids to drive at an early age. I feel if they learn to drive early, it is no big deal, no reason to try and impress friends.

I don`t get the idea of stealing a parents car. If I had done that my old man would have put some serious hurt on me. Lots of reaspect for that old man and his property. Stealing from your parents, what a concept.

Amazing.

As of this morning, OVER HALF of .oRg voters are happy the young girls are dead, or at least don't care/have no empathy for the deceased.

Nice.

This poll makes baby jesus cry.

As tragic as it is, if they had taken out someone else with their foolishness, I would be less sympathetic.

I was surprised by how many here DON'T feel sorry about this. I don't care if they come from an affluent neighborhood or were little vandals who boosted a car for a joyride. Kids don't have good judgement. We can teach them to the best of our ability, by word, law, and example, but ultimately all of us, children and adults, eventually make some bad choices. These girls panicked and in their fear and inexperience, made a fatal decision. I know how I have reacted to the (thankfully) few times when being pulled over by a police officer. Heart rate goes to 120, sweat starts, and a bunch of emotions. I'm not saying the LEO made any mistake, he was just doing his job. But kids (and adults) occasionally make stupid choices and sometime the consequences are heartbreaking.

Please disregard the posts I have made about parents and what they should be doing and handling there children. Just found out I have failed as a parent myself. Turns out that I am a perfect example of how not to parent.
I will be starting a new thread to explain the details, I am sorry for letting you all down and being a hypocrite.

Lurch, I had read your other post first and checked the dates and times of your posts, to call you out on this. Sadly, you just proved me correct in what I wrote above. Sometimes kids make stupid choices. It's pretty upright of you to stand up like this on the forum. That comes from maturity and is learned. A lesser person might have just kept his mouth shut to protect his ego. Good on you.

It is sad but it's hard to feel sorry for them.

We all do dumb things at an early age but taking a car and driving without a license or permission, then running from the cops goes past what I would consider normal. I could see driving around the block but across town and then running from police....not in my opinion.

I can't help but laugh about the news attention and talking about race, class, neighborhood, etc..like that even matters. If you want to get technical they must not have been from to rich of a school or families because they were driving a Mitsubishi!

We've all done dumb things. Story doesn't tell if girls were troubled or not. So, I can not really judge by what I just read.

We've all done dumb things. Story doesn't tell if girls were troubled or not. So, I can not really judge by what I just read.

Exactly. Especially when we were young and Impressionable. At that Age you feel like life will Never End !!!!!!!

As WE get older we understand the Value of Living Every day above ground. God gives us Free-Will and sometimes it may cost you. We should ALL Learn from this. Think about that Next time you want flip the Wrist on your BUSA.

Prayers Sent to Family and Friends because they are the ones who are Truly Suffering with this Great Loss :down:

Robert

Amazing.

As of this morning, OVER HALF of .oRg voters are happy the young girls are dead, or at least don't care/have no empathy for the deceased.

Nice.

This poll makes baby jesus cry.

I would guess it was that part in the article about alcohol. To make the girls seem like Paris and Nicole.. I didn't fall for it since it was so lazily thrown into the article. I do question the parents, since they don't seem to have a good idea of who their kids are hanging out with or dating. But, the reporter needs gossip... or else they wouldn't have a job. So I don't put too much faith in that part either...

Kinda like if one of us did something to make the news. You know how that headline would go... "A SPORTBIKE RIDER..." simply because a lot of people hate sportbike riders and that would get peoples attention (and gossip) more than "A FAMILY MAN..."

Shame we live in that kinda world... :unhappy:

It is sad but it's hard to feel sorry for them.

We all do dumb things at an early age but taking a car and driving without a license or permission, then running from the cops goes past what I would consider normal. I could see driving around the block but across town and then running from police....not in my opinion.

I can't help but laugh about the news attention and talking about race, class, neighborhood, etc..like that even matters. If you want to get technical they must not have been from to rich of a school or families because they were driving a Mitsubishi!

What they drive is not always based on what they can afford. The article never said what kind of car, just the brand. There are some pretty expensive Mitsubishis out there. Maybe the family owns a dealership. There a a ton of reasons why they would choose a Mitsubishi over a Benz or Beamer.

What they drive is not always based on what they can afford. The article never said what kind of car, just the brand. There are some pretty expensive Mitsubishis out there. Maybe the family owns a dealership. There a a ton of reasons why they would choose a Mitsubishi over a Benz or Beamer.

Not sure if you're serious....

It was in relation to someone calling them well off based on that comment. Either way, Mitsubishi's most expensive car is maybe $42k fully loaded so not really expensive at all...

I can't think of any reason to buy a Mitsubishi over a Benz, etc....?

Not sure if you're serious....

It was in relation to someone calling them well off based on that comment. Either way, Mitsubishi's most expensive car is maybe $42k fully loaded so not really expensive at all...

I can't think of any reason to buy a Mitsubishi over a Benz, etc....?

Economic wisdom
Brand loyalty
Bang for buck
Work at/own dealership
support family/friend work at/own dealership
Won car raffle/Vegas
Didn't like the looks of the ML350 or X5 so got a Montero instead
Just had to have the Evo
Thrifty/practical
A car is a car and could care less about the brand as long as it meets the needs.

From my observations, 9 out of 10 Smart Cars here are driven by doctors and lawyers. A $15K car doesn't fit the profile of those professions.

Economic wisdom
Brand loyalty
Bang for buck
Work at/own dealership
support family/friend work at/own dealership
Won car raffle/Vegas
Didn't like the looks of the ML350 or X5 so got a Montero instead
Just had to have the Evo
Thrifty/practical
A car is a car and could care less about the brand as long as it meets the needs.

From my observations, 9 out of 10 Smart Cars here are driven by doctors and lawyers. A $15K car doesn't fit the profile of those professions.

I can't help but laugh, sorry but your last list comment pretty much sums it up. They aren't even comparable....

As far as your observation, maybe that's a NM thing.....you won't find that in TX at all!

Kind of harsh Sir. You never did anything stupid in your life? I know I sure have/did and am lucky to have survived it all.
I Agree! should have, and could have died a bunch of times. No difference, poor or rich, When your number is called, off you go. These were someones kids! I have two and one is driving now, and all we could hope for is that they make good decissions......:please:

Back