Votes: 22 50.0%
  • NO !!!!

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • they had it coming

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
A tragic incident yes, pity the friends and family. They are the ones to deal with the hurt and mess.
The 2 girls...really what difference does it make? It changes nothing.
I was a fortunate and most of the time lucky adolescent growing up. I was not only smarter than most, was incredibly responsible and extremely accountable. Why you ask? Good parenting. I think the kids today call that being harassed or abused, that is if the parents or in most cases parent, actually GAS.

No sympathy here. Death by stupidity is not worthy of empathy.

??? What an illuminating statement.

Can't believe one of you (so far) voted that THESE GIRLS DESERVED TO DIE! :banghead:

Nice going... so where is all the forum's christian love now?

I feel sorry for them. What a terrible waste of two beautiful lives. I don't see where you get they were spoiled rich kids Lurch? If they were are you implying that they should have known better than a poor kid and not done it? Having come from a well off family myself I'll tell you it is the 'rich' kids who always cause more and get into more trouble. I stole my parents cars countless times and even crashed a couple too. Kids are kids and they do these things. Unfortunately God sometimes decides who gets away with it and who doesn't. As far as alcohol goes, 15 or so is the age where one will begin to be subjected to friends and older siblings of friends who have drugs and alcohol.

What happened here is an all too common tragedy and yes I feel sorry for everyone.
To the ones who say they don't feel sorry for stupid kids your a bunch of cold bastids.
No kid deserves to die from stupid adolescent acts most if not all have done .

I feel sorry for them. What a terrible waste of two beautiful lives. I don't see where you get they were spoiled rich kids Lurch? If they were are you implying that they should have known better than a poor kid and not done it?
I kow they were well off kids because of the school they go to, where they live and the car they were driving that belonged to the mother of the driver.

No they are nt better than anyone. They just do not get the parenting that is needed.

And I also forgot the most important part of this story. When the Police Officer noticed the broken tail light he turned on his lights. They (the kids) took off at a high rate of speed. The officer ended the chase right then and there.He DID NOT persue them. But they continued at a high rate of speed and crashed a mile away.

I just think that parents need to be parents again and raise their children. Not the schools, the town or strangers.

Wow this is a tough one. Yah the kids were stupid for doing what they did. Did they deserve to die? No. This is there fault yes but its more the parents fault. I knew where my kids were all the time. I knew that he drank but he did it at home with me. Its not right but I knew were he was and I figured if he wanted to try it I would be there.We were allways honest with each other. My son drove before he had his permit but it was with me. Hey what father wouldnt want to let his kid drive. Point being my wife and I were good parents and taught them well. This is something now a days that people dont do. These are our kids. We brought them into the world, they are our responsibility to bring them up right. Be parents.

I kow they were well off kids because of the school they go to, where they live and the car they were driving that belonged to the mother of the driver.

No they are nt better than anyone. They just do not get the parenting that is needed.

And I also forgot the most important part of this story. When the Police Officer noticed the broken tail light he turned on his lights. They (the kids) took off at a high rate of speed. The officer ended the chase right then and there.He DID NOT persue them. But they continued at a high rate of speed and crashed a mile away.

I just think that parents need to be parents again and raise their children. Not the schools, the town or strangers.

Quoted from the article
Driver Halee Ludowise-Fischer and Jennifer Geren, both 15, were driving east on W. Good Hope Road in Ludowise-Fischer's mother's 2009 Mitsubishi shortly before 1 a.m. when a River Hills police officer noticed a taillight on the vehicle was out. He activated his lights and tried to pull the car over, but the driver sped off, running through two traffic lights. The officer turned off his lights and stopped the chase.

A couple points. It states he tried to pull them over and then it says he turned off his lights and ended 'the chase' which means he was chasing them, correct? I dont know the school or area as you do Lurch but well off people arent driving 09 Mitsus. Also article states toxicology reports have not come back so please y'all don't turn this into they were drinking and even more so deserve what they got. Anyone who has kids knows how innocent in all aspects they are when first learning how to drive. I can totally imagine two completely sober girls panicking and gunning it and then losing control of a speeding car due to lack of experience and crashing.
Lurch correct me if I'm wrong but are you implying that well off rich kids don't get the parenting middle class or poor kids get? Your comments kinda read like that? All kids rich or poor need proper parenting and both classes are equally guilty of not doing their jobs.

Obviously I can't speak for Lurch, but I thought his original point regarding middle class, etc was one of media reporting, not parenting.

Could be wrong, of course.... :dunno:

Obviously I can't speak for Lurch, but I thought his original point regarding middle class, etc was one of media reporting, not parenting.

Could be wrong, of course.... :dunno:

Correct Sir. The media has been at the school and the crash site interviewing kids and parents and administrators. It is just sick how everyone is saying they were good kids.
Now this morning there was another report of a 15 year old kid who hit another car and killed the lady driving. Just about a half mile from where I live. That story was all of 30 seconds long. The kid lived the 58 year old lady died. No school interviews, nor friends interviewed nothing just a 30 second blurb about what happened. Why no media coverage blitz like with the 2 girls? Oh yes he was a boy and not from the GOOD side of the county that is why

kids are kids they havnt had the chance to make the mistakes we have had or experienced, they are just being kids, and if you think your kid isnt going to be out doing things like this or something else think again, thats what makes them kids they do the unthinkable, we have all been there once or twice i bet, yes i feel sorry for them, thats 2 human lives that were lost that will never get to enjoy life.

Even though someone, two in this case, lost their life we shouldn't overlook the behavior that got them there.

Just like some feel fellow riders (Squids) get what they deserve, they should feel the same here.

For the record I feel sorry anytime a life is lost.

To me it's not really a question of whether or not I feel sorry for them, what happened was a tragedy. My prayers are with both families who I am sure are grieving immensely.

P.

It's always a sad day when a child loose their life. They did something stupid and paid the ultimate price for it, no need to pass judgement now.

As far as alcohol goes, you can walk into any high school in the US and find some kid who can "get it for you" among many other things.

no parents should out live their kids. im sure if they could take back that night they would.

+1 I feel sorry for all of them, for the young girls dying so young in a tradgic accident, for the unborn children they will never have or grandchildren for the parents, that now will never be.

I don't care what colour a mans skin is or how much money he has, but I agree the press will pander and @rsole to money and influential people who have it, especially when it suits them to.

Best regards Stretch.

I didn't see anything in the article that said these girls came from well-off families. Regardless, these girls parent are justifiably in anguish. I don't think I'd make it if it were MY daughter...

I didn't see anything in the article that said these girls came from well-off families. Regardless, these girls parent are justifiably in anguish. I don't think I'd make it if it were MY daughter...

There was nothing in the article, You have to be from this area to know where they came from and went to school. The community and school they are from is a VERY affluent area where money is KING!
Watching news now and they are still playing this up and nothing about the 58 year old lady killed by another 15 year old driving that should not have beebn driving.

Justice and responsibilty for ones actions is all I want to see. Very little being said about the wrong the girls did, it is all about what good girls they were.

A parent should never have to bury their own child. Trageic that it happened, but it's true what Lurch says. In this country well off people are heard on the news more then those less funded.

Reminds me of a time when Jr. or Sr. in high school and the entire class was assembled for a speech on furthering our education. During this speech they were throwing out statistics ie. how many would not be alive in 5 years. I found the numbers kind of frightening. Sadly this type of tradgedy happens all too often.
I have done crazy/stupid things myself and used to drink `like a fish` but never tried to run from the law..had oportunities I guess, but just figured `yep I`m busted`.
I have not used alcohol for 5 years before my oldest child was born, and have explained to him that some people arent able to `have just a couple`, and both kids have witnessed people who have consumed a little too much...anyhow I hope they better understand the risk than some might.

Please disregard the posts I have made about parents and what they should be doing and handling there children. Just found out I have failed as a parent myself. Turns out that I am a perfect example of how not to parent.
I will be starting a new thread to explain the details, I am sorry for letting you all down and being a hypocrite.

Back