cop shoots rider in back

What if the Biker did have a gun? Maybe he has a CWP.. just because he's a biker and Might have a weapon doesnt make him a killer and deserve to be shot. If that LEO is that scared than he need to be a crossing guard or something . He doesnt need a weapon. Also if the bikes took off too fast and the Leo had to chase them , then didnt the Leo break the same speeding law as the bikers? This I can , you cant attitude needs to change . Not to change the topic But it wasnt long ago a Trooper passed me . 100mph easy . I see him turn around and go into a store .. I say lets see what the hurry is: I pull in & he's eating a candy bar & talking to the girl at the counter .. And no I'm not a Leo hater , My family is full of Leo's.. Right is Right , Wrong is Wrong. 15 years isnt long enough if he's found guilty. 50 is better.

I can't see it at work :( But it sounds like a tragic situation for all involved. Anyone know if the cop had a history of violations???

Is this on video, or just statements by his friends? Remember that one about the old lady that got tasered and claimed the cop did all this stuff to her until the dash cam video played and showed what really happened?

I agree, if he made these statements, that's going to cost him his job at minimum and should.

and, "Let's say this biker did have a gun on his waist. The biker would have to rotate his body (at the very least his shoulder) in an attempt to engage this cop. This would require some abrupt movement (and time) on the biker's part just to get a shot off in the direction of that officer.
I know some are fast on the draw like John Wayne, but seriously, this cop already had MEGA ADVANTAGE by already having his gun drawn and leveled on the biker."....You are kidding right? When does the police officer have to wait for a guy to actually draw a gun and point it at him before shooting him?
''

It's in the police report that is quoted in the lawsuit that you noted the lawyer couldn't tell the difference betweeen $750,000 and seventy-five thousand. Did you catch the part about a 'part-time' cop? He's a wannabe, got himself a gun and a badge. If he thinks this traffic stop was chaotic he should take a ride along in Compton!

It seems to me that the LEO is clearly in the wrong. I watched the videos and it seems like he clear f-ed up. There are many things he could and should have done differently. That was excessive use of force, and then leaving the guy trapped under a running bike?

I have had to deal with a lot of small town cops, and in my experience a lot of them have an attitude/chip on their shoulder, part of why I moved away.

Maybe they had some history, I don't know, but shoot first ask questions later?

He shot an unarmed man in the back, left him trapped under a motorcycle, didn't help, didn't provide medical aid.

I'm not bagging on LEO's, I have alot of them as friends, for the most part they are good people in a mostly thankless and extremely difficult job, but when you screw up you screw up, period.

This guy screwed the pooch big time!

I make no judgement for or against biker or cop I just want to say a couple things from experience with guns and calibers.

I have seen numerous calibers from .380 and up go right thru windshields and right thru car doors piercing outer panel as well as door panel and def would have injured whoever was there. The door on a crown victoria has only one anti-intrusion steel bar going horizontally thru it in the middle. Other than that it is just a thin sheet of metal and a plastic door panel and window motor. Again I personally have fired .380,9mm,.40S&w, shotguns and many rifles cals thru these things at demos and been to LEO demos that showed this very thing to officers. I can still remember mouths open wide same as their eyes.
Inside a car is obv better than out but it is not 100% safe from fire.

So in hindsight lets say cop did not shoot him but instead sat in the 'comfort and security' of his car.
Biker actually does have gun and in less than 2 seconds turns draws and fires a full mag thru windshield killing cop.

What do y'all think tone of this thread would be then.
'Well cop should have just shot him'
'why did he just sit in his car?'

Terrible thing for BOTH to have to live with but too easy to be armchair quarterbacks in your office watching a video.

''

It's in the police report that is quoted in the lawsuit that you noted the lawyer couldn't tell the difference betweeen $750,000 and seventy-five thousand. Did you catch the part about a 'part-time' cop? He's a wannabe, got himself a gun and a badge. If he thinks this traffic stop was chaotic he should take a ride along in Compton!

"Part-time Cop"? No I missed that...was he one of those 'reserve' officers (like Steven Segal in NO?)...that would explain some things...

I missed the part-time reserve thing too...

Something just doesn't make sense about this whole thing... :suspect:

Reserve deputies are still full fledged law enforcment. Sometimes they are retired or other times they simply decide to take another line of work and retain reserve status to keep their credentials. It should make no difference in his professionalism, as he is subject to the same training, same standards and same qualifications.

Murder much?

If you are talking to me nahhh I just fit a profile

I walked out to my car in my own drive way to get something from my glovebox at 11 pm apparently that is suspicious behavior, when I was walking back into my house I was hit with a spotlight an after a 20 minute investigation that required additional units, I was free to finish walking back through my front door :( I am just unlucky thats all

Last edited:

I read this story an from what I read it appears that sentence of guilty was correct ..that is just my opinion ... keep in mind I am sure there will be many appeals coming an attempts at re trial I imagine.

This was said by one of the officer's testifying for the defense
He further testified that it's "unrealistic" to expect an officer to always turn off the siren at the end of a "chaotic situation."

My opinion on the matter is that is also unrealistic to expect the person 1 to 5 feet away from a siren that is probably pointed in his direction to hear anything you are saying an try to see what you want him to do.... again jmo

In my opinion with the limited info I got to read the jury reached a fair decision, an that the dash film can be used to train other officers an make them aware of why some dept policies are there an need to be followed.

Last edited:
A jury found an Ottawa Hills police officer guilty Friday night of felonious assault with a firearms specification for a shooting during a traffic stop last year.

The case went to the jury on the fourth day of Officer Thomas White's trial for felonious assault with a firearms specification in the shooting of Michael McCloskey, Jr.

White, 27, showed no emotion, standing quietly with his attorney, Jerry Phillips, when the verdict was read about 7:20 p.m. The jury deliberated six hours on Friday before reaching a decision.

White was released on bond, pending sentencing set for 9 a.m. on June 21. White faces up to 11 years in prison.

Mr. Phillips would not comment and left the courtroom soon after the verdict was announced.

During closing arguments Friday morning, Jeff Lingo, an assistant Lucas County prosecutor, contended White had no justification for shooting — and permanently paralyzing — a man for a traffic violation.

"This case is not an indictment of all police officers," Mr. Lingo said. "This case is not an indictment of a police department. It is in fact a charge that resulted from the acts of a single police officer over a period of five minutes for which he acted alone and, the state feels, he should be held responsible."

Last edited:
I drive by the road were this happened everyday, and it reminds me what happened. ( very sad )I hope he gets whats coming to him.

Id say its very possible that they didnt know it was a cop was behind them. Ive done the same thing in a car before. Running along at the speed limit around midnight and had a set of headlights run up on me and not go around. Thinking it was someone i knew just jacking around, jammed it into 3rd, stuck it on the floor and aired it out all the way through 5th. Waited at the next stop sign 2 miles down to see who it was only to see a county sheriffs car roll up.

This is crazy. Watching the video the first time i noticed that the rider looked over his right shoulder how would he possibly twist himself all the way around that way(to the right that is) and even take a shot when the cop was on his left. Maybe if the biker made that movement then tried to turn back to his left quickly i understand. But to me it just like he was tryin to figure out what was goin on. Hope this officer does 11years. cause i know 1 year in prison for an officer would be 1 to many for him. Im sure he wont make to many friends.:poke:

Funny how some people see things differently here and side with the wrong.

I won't even try again to make sense of you opinions..

I hope this never happens to another rider. Be careful out there

Back