cop shoots rider in back

I dont blame the officer for drawing his firearm if he felt he had some sort of threat. Im not saying that it was a clean shooting but unless you were there you will never know the true facts in the situation. I understand the video shows what it shows, but theres always more 2 the story. Bottom line is those guys should never of taken off. I dont know about where you guys live, but in the City, if you take off from the cops, expect some baaaaad results when they catch you. Im not saying he deserved to get shot, but guys like him and his pal give all us law abiding guys a terrible name with the police. I feel bad for all parties involved.

Be compliant with all comands issued by the LEO. Thats it.

agreed.

I have had 2 felony stops done me in my 43 years of life an many more regular stops done on me.

Felony stops were easy they were very loud an direct with instructions from the moment I stopped, followed them to the letter an no problems after the inquiry was free to go. Things to keep in mind when you are stopped no matter what or why. Even if its a mistake on their part, don't get out of the car or off the bike unless told too. Keep your hands in plain sight place them on the dash board or on bike keep them open an visible an no fast or false movements( false meaning don't reach under your seat or anywhere else for that matter once he lights you up.). Those are just my thoughts going through my head when I get lit up. I would hope that LEO not expect the general public to know this especially when they are nervous about being stopped.. IMO If he had his gun drawn he should have been screaming or asking on the PA to "Let me see your hands" This sad story an if it happens once it's one to many .. really sucks

On the felony stop they yelled at me to get out of the car on the PA, when I opened the door to my car I stuck both my hands out the window of the car an opened it from the outside an moved slowly..

A while back a troopper shot an unarmed man here reaching for his wallet.. guy just didn't listen an follow instructions kept asking him to stop an freeze was ruled a clean shooting :down:

Last edited:
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the LEO gets off completely. Criminal charges not guilty, department charges for not following whatever procedure they might have, well thats possible.

Guys, they weren't evading police! They took off from a stop sign... I'm sure we've all done that a bunch of times... I have...

They stopped pretty much right after the cop behind them turned on his lights... There was no high speed chase or anything! How can anyone assume the cops were pumped up or anything like that... They were tailing them waiting for them to do something to pull them over for...

Something still seems way to fishy about this...

They shot him without any warning and left him under his running bike to get burned!!!

No coincidences here... :rulez:

I'm sure the officer wishes he could have that bullet back.

If he was regretful, then why leave him trapped under a running bike?

And tell his friend, "It's your friend, you get the bike off" ???

That part is just appalling...

I agree, everything else to that point my be some shades between black and white, but in front of a jury IMHO he will hang on those actions alone. Again this is if that is a true and more importantly recorded statement.

Hello all.

Sorry to post for first time here under this thread.

This video (the cop's action) is absolutely disgusting. And I'm appalled that someone here seems to try and justify this cop's decision. I guess after seeing the video (in all it's straightforwardness), IMO it would be like someone explaining the psychological circumstances to justify why a pedophile does what they do. IDK, maybe its too early in the a.m., and I'm just reading/interpreting some posts the wrong way. If so, my apologies.

Let's say this biker did have a gun on his waist. The biker would have to rotate his body (at the very least his shoulder) in an attempt to engage this cop. This would require some abrupt movement (and time) on the biker's part just to get a shot off in the direction of that officer.
I know some are fast on the draw like John Wayne, but seriously, this cop already had MEGA ADVANTAGE by already having his gun drawn and leveled on the biker.

Further, I fail to see where this biker was/had been trying to outrun the cops, unless maybe at this point he was giving up. What I do see is a couple of bikers behaving in a manner (from the stop sign) that seems to provoke police into pulling them over for maybe something like 'display of acceleration,' or some traffic violation b.s. The cops lights don't appear to go on until after the bikers accelerate from the stop sign.

Okay, I can rant on and on about this tragic incident, but for the sake of this thread I'm going to just say one last thing and be done... If you're a cop, and you are so scared, pumped, and/or razzled out of your mind that you cannot make rational decisions during the execution of your duty, then maybe... just maybe, you should consider another line of work. This cop is a coward.

This video (the cop's action) is absolutely disgusting. And I'm appalled that someone here seems to try and justify this cop's decision. I guess after seeing the video (in all it's straightforwardness), IMO it would be like someone explaining the psychological circumstances to justify why a pedophile does what they do.

I'm sorry, but that is uncalled for. Comparing a cop to a paedophile is just disgusting.

Any info on what happened in court yet? I know its going to take a while but it would be nice to be able to keep up with it. I sure hope this guy doesn't get off. If he does things will get a lot worse for everyone. JMO

If he is exonerated, then I would imagine there's good reason for it. It kills me that you all would convict this guy based on video alone. So many other circumstances play into this. The dash cam is evidence, nothing more. It is not a conviction.

It looks like to me the dash cam is saying it all. Ths guy was wrong in what he done. I meen come on man if he gets off it will tell all cops that they can shoot anyone for anything and get by with it. IMO and thats just wrong!! I think this guy was just a rookie and did not have the right amount of training. With that said it still Does not give him the wright just to shoot someone. Here is what i just found on the net about what went on yesterday in court. He clames he was in feer of his life now, Give me a break

toledoblade.com -- The Blade ~ Toledo Ohio

Last edited:
It wouldn't be in this LEO's best interest to have me on the jury or he could look forward to being someone's biotch in the big house for the next 15 years! No Question! :rulez:

This is why we have trials. If the entire case hinged on a video, we wouldn't need the courts. Luckily, Americans are provided the right to a fair trial and the right to defend our actions, right or wrong. If you didn't see the rider's right arm move towards his side, then you weren't paying attention. Was this sufficient concern to be in fear for your life? I can't answer that, only the officer and the jury can do that.

Is this on video, or just statements by his friends? Remember that one about the old lady that got tasered and claimed the cop did all this stuff to her until the dash cam video played and showed what really happened?

I agree, if he made these statements, that's going to cost him his job at minimum and should.

and, "Let's say this biker did have a gun on his waist. The biker would have to rotate his body (at the very least his shoulder) in an attempt to engage this cop. This would require some abrupt movement (and time) on the biker's part just to get a shot off in the direction of that officer.
I know some are fast on the draw like John Wayne, but seriously, this cop already had MEGA ADVANTAGE by already having his gun drawn and leveled on the biker."....You are kidding right? When does the police officer have to wait for a guy to actually draw a gun and point it at him before shooting him?

Last edited:
It looks like to me the dash cam is saying it all. Ths guy was wrong in what he done. I meen come on man if he gets off it will tell all cops that they can shoot anyone for anything and get by with it. IMO and thats just wrong!! I think this guy was just a rookie and did not have the right amount of training. With that said it still Does not give him the wright just to shoot someone. Here is what i just found on the net about what went on yesterday in court. He clames he was in feer of his life now, Give me a break

toledoblade.com -- The Blade ~ Toledo Ohio

in fear of what??? good grief...

It's funny, if the cop had actually been shot, we would be here discussing how he should have been more careful.

That was just a plain murder even if somebody does not obey your command he does not deserve to be shot like a rabid dog lets be realistic about this the cop was a way over his authority to shoot someone in his back if you condone that then watch out theycan get you and shoot you dead that is just not the way in a civillised society maybe in the middle east but not in a western country plain murder.

as an ex military police i can not see an immidiate threat to the officers life and i could never find a reason to justify him shooting that man in the back.

Back