confused about the airbox mod. please help a fellow busa owner out:)

shogun

Registered
Hello fellow busa owners. I dont post on this forum much but i am here filling my mind with piles of good usefull info everyday. However, my question is regarding the airbox flapper valve mod. I have a stock 03 LE with 26000 KMS on her and a full akropovic system. I want to get a power commander in the spring and do the airbox mod . What kind of a map would i re-map my ecu with if i have the airbox mod, BMC air filer and my full akropovic? would it be harmfull to my bike (scared it might run tooo lean) if i did the airbox mod and air filter without the PC3? I heard of some guy who said he did the airbox mod and he was losing heavy on the top-end!how?? sorry guys didnt mean to make this so long these are all things ive been fighting with for the past few days, thanks.

hey u guys are awesome on this forum lol thanks. other forums it takes like 4 days for someone to write a useless reply lol. Anyway, yes i have a full akropovic with no pc, i was gonna change my oil tomorrow (amsoil) and buy the BMC air filter. what u guys think. can i run this setup without doing any harm until the spring? thanks again.

biscuit- i like how u think, i needed to hear that lol. :thumbsup:

Personally, I wouldn't run a full system without a PC. But that's just me:beerchug:

hey u guys are awesome on this forum lol thanks. other forums it takes like 4 days for someone to write a useless reply lol. Anyway, yes i have a full akropovic with no pc, i was gonna change my oil tomorrow (amsoil) and buy the BMC air filter. what u guys think. can i run this setup without doing any harm until the spring? thanks again.

biscuit- i like how u think, i needed to hear that lol. :thumbsup:

There's other forums? :dunno:

There's other forums? :dunno:
so I hear :laugh:

Anyway, you can find a shop with a "Tek" box, they can remap your stock ECU to take advantage of the pipe you have..

Smithbusa is messing with one now, maybe talk to him

why wouldnt u run a full system without pc sam? When i get my pc should i feel a difference????

If you get a full system without a PC, you arent utilizing the benefits of said full system. Your map is set up for stock exhaust.

i thought so. Ill def get on pc as soon as possible. when i get a K&N or BMC filter, can i just re-map my ecu with the 'full akropovic exhaust and/or stock filter or K&N'?

i thought so. Ill def get on pc as soon as possible. when i get a K&N or BMC filter, can i just re-map my ecu with the 'full akropovic exhaust and/or stock filter or K&N'?

It would be in your best interest to find a good tuner in your area and have him dial it in for you. Or just come to the Spring Bash, there's rumor of having a dyno.

It would be in your best interest to find a good tuner in your area and have him dial it in for you. Or just come to the Spring Bash, there's rumor of having a dyno.

The dyno is still a possibility!

isnt the point of spending money for a pc not to have to take it to a dyno every time u mod your bike?

isnt the point of spending money for a pc not to have to take it to a dyno every time u mod your bike?

not necessarily. re-mapping the PCIII is in hopes that you've done all the mods you want done to your bike and are ready to have it tuned to it's optimum performance with what you've done. anytime you change the way it's set-up, you change the variables of how it will perform. so if you want to do mods, try to do all the mods you want done at one time, have it mapped and call it good. As for the air-box mod, personally, didn't like it. Good luck.......................:beerchug:

Back