airbox mods.......

Just did the Small Airbox MOD... It pulls harder and throttle response is up there. Didn't remap at all for this MOD yet. Read my sig for MODs.

Did it and love it. After taking off a lot of fuel before 5000rpms, wow the throttle is an on/off switch.

:read::yes::read: well have read this from start to finnish and am still totally :confused: yes confused I have a 99 busa blue flame slip on pc111 just about to be installed K&N filter on order and some irridium plugs going in should I or shouldn't I go ahead and do the small air box mod?:confused: then I intend to get the whole thing set up proper

:read::yes::read: well have read this from start to finnish and am still totally :confused: yes confused I have a 99 busa blue flame slip on pc111 just about to be installed K&N filter on order and some irridium plugs going in should I or shouldn't I go ahead and do the small air box mod?:confused: then I intend to get the whole thing set up proper
Go for it. If you're gonna get this thing dyno'd, you should def do the "PAIR MOD" to remove the PAIR valve. It'll give the tuner more accurate readings.

yep just spoke to the guys at my local dyno place they said the same thing re pair valves going to try the marble mod first in fact I'll use a rubber cork and if all is well I'll remove the whole system at a later date :thumbsup:

well it's done :thumbsup: haven't put it back together yet as I am waiting for some plugs and a K&N and pair mod will be done aswell but will let you guys know what I think after the dyno appointment for the mapping :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Last edited:
On a stock engine I would leave the stock configuration(2 outboard short and the 2 inboard long). No real benefits of going all short unless the engine has more compression, cams and a good exhaust installed. With nitrous I would run all shorts IMHO. The powerband is suppose to be different but I didn't notice much of any difference on a stock engine other than the time to rev to maximum horsepower. The staggered stacks showed better time to rev than the short stacks.

As others have asked on here. Is there more pros to doing this mod than cons. ? I see some are saying u lose bottom end but gain top. I ride the street so is this something worth doin ?

I'm not asking for everyones opinion but if someone has the technical pros and cons about doing this mod please list them.

As others have stated. I don't want to do the mod then have to replace the airbox because it's crap. But at the same time if it is a worth while mod I don't want to miss out of the benefits

Last edited:
With a good air filter like a BMC Race and a very good tune, there is slight loss in low-end but more than makes up for it in the upper revs. A good tune will also cover up the hesitation that most people get when whacking the throttle quickly in the 2-3k rpm range. I suggest using the ECU editor on the stock ECU for best tuning transitions.

If you are only talking about 1 gear racing, then the mod is minimal but if you are normal and bang through at least 4 gears the mod is a must.

Back