Votes: 43 75.4%
  • Israel

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • USA

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Iran

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
well just the fact that you haven't even seen the video makes me believe the reports you are receiving is biased/corrupt/propaganda. because i have seen it many times on aljazeera.
son, you are not going to find a single UN BIASED report and I do not care who or where you look... everyone has a point of view and a side to take.. Aljazeera unbiased? you are kidding right? I think they are one of the largest proponents of a continued unrest state so that they have something to report on... they publish some of the most inflammatory "propaganda" available..

certainly not going to be resolved here .. as I posted before, the amount of emotion on both sides completely rules out any settlement.. one side is going to die before this ends... (if ever)

the entire "my god is better than your god" thing gags me.. makes me think that they are both unworthy of my time...

Last edited:
son, you are not going to find a single UN BIASED report and I do not care who or where you look... everyone has a point of view and a side to take.. Aljazeera unbiased? you are kidding right? I think they are one of the largest proponents of a continued unrest state so that they have something to report on... they publish some of the most inflammatory "propaganda" available..

certainly not going to be resolved here .. as I posted before, the amount of emotion on both sides completely rules out any settlement.. one side is going to die before this ends... (if ever)

the entire "my god is better than your god" thing gags me.. makes me think that they are both unworthy of my time...

I don't watch much al jeezera because I tend to agree with you Bogus, but that is not based on anything besides my own bias. My mother lives in Sweden and she watches it all the time and, as crazy as it sounds, she tells me that their reporting is very good. I would actually like to spend some time watching their newscasts to find out for myself.

by the same right we as "old english" had to take over the continent of what is now "North America" IF you dig back in history (and it goes WAY back) who had the first recorded possession of the land in question and who took it away from whom? In fact if you have a sitdown with a "non-jewish" person involved, they cut off the history that shows they took the land originally and only go back to when the Jewish re-took the lands, just as you have cut off history at the "retaking".. I think the conflict is insane, it would serve all better to cooperate and make a go at the world market as a whole, not some segregated society of Us/Them.. Do keep in mind that also involved are lands that Israel took during the last major conflict when they got ganged up on by 3 countries at one time... Israel did not start that conflict either.. but they sure won it..

you have no idea what you were watching as I can show you video to the exact opposite.. is any of the video real?.. For all you know that "cameraman" had a rocket launcher right along side his camera in the minutes prior to dying..

And even the locals to the region will tell you that Hamas rules with terror amoung large sectors of the debated area.. you step out against us? you die.. You may side with Hamas (known terroroist group) and that is your perogative and appears your choice.. But by far and large much of the popluation is quite against them as all they have in their agenda is this "Death to all" mentality.. Most sad that civilians are getting killed but when you use civilians as shields, they are going to die..

My employer just returned from Jordan, I am sure I am going to hear more about what is "really" happening there.. sure can not trust the "Press"

Dam-it Bogus now I am going to pick up a book about the history of the region, any recommendations? I agree it is crazy to continue to try to solve it the way the are going about it.

Last edited:
Dam-it Bogus now I am going to pick up a book about the history of the region, any recommendations? I agree it is crazy to continue to try to solve it the way the are going about it.
I do not know of any one book... heck this goes back to the 12 tribes and 1000BCE.. both sides "conveniently" leave major turning points out however.. So now you gotta cross reference the time lines and TRY to figure out the real story..

maybe some scholar here can name a couple good ones... I am not sure enough about the real facts on a lot of it to have a clue.. just know it is really complicated..

but as R.boy posted, trying to find unbiased history is well for a better lack of words, history...

I do not know of any one book... heck this goes back to the 12 tribes and 1000BCE.. both sides "conveniently" leave major turning points out however.. So now you gotta cross reference the time lines and TRY to figure out the real story..

maybe some scholar here can name a couple good ones... I am not sure enough about the real facts on a lot of it to have a clue.. just know it is really complicated..

but as R.boy posted, trying to find unbiased history is well for a better lack of words, history...

True that....I wish I could get paid to do that kind of thing.

Billy...after you read all the post's, I'd like to hear your thought's on this matter. Who do you think is at fault?

Hamas is getting exactly what it deserves. Israel gave Gaza back to the Palestinians thru treaty; they were rewarded with Hamas, who hides among women and children and fires rockets into Israel for sport. Israel signed a year-long cease fire in Gaza, under pressure from it's allies and the UN...what did Hamas do during this time? Bring in bigger rockets and continue to take potshots at Israel. Israel has had enough. What if Canada's stated purpose was the extermination of the US, and they shot rockets daily at us, AFTER we'd signed treaty after treaty and cease fire after cease fire? We would NOT stand for it.

This is what Israel gets for APPEASEMENT. Look at Hitler/Nazi Germany and Chamberlain/England for a classic example.

Hamas and Hezbollah know how to play the media game. They are masters at manipulating the media, and we are so stupid to buy into their BS. They have been caught PLANTING bodies and toys at bombing sites, then displaying to to the media. It really aggravates me that anyone could lend ANY credibility to them.

The entire Palestinian state would have had peace, real peace with Israel many years ago of they would just acknowledge Israel's right to existance, and stop the terrorism. Israel has tried and tried again, but because they are made out to look like the 'bully', they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. And the Islamic world does nothing but ferment further hate against them and the US.

It's a damn shame; but Hamas can reap what they sow.

Well this was only one I really agree with.Not 2 say some of others have a good point.Also rainbow said could be begining of ww3 really hope he is wrong but he could be right.Was the main topic @ my church this week + I hear a lot about it on radio.I dont understand why some are saying its about oil+land? WHAT OIL ??? AS FAR AS LAND i DONT THINK Israel WANTS ANY JUST WANT ROCKETS 2 STOP.They have increased not stopped.I dont understand why so many people hate Israel.President bush said 2day Hamas has choosen to turn its back on palestine people+use gaza 2 launch rockets.Hamas stated they have rockets that will go further in+intend 2 launch them.Israel stated they will defend themselfs against any+all atacks. I blame hamas I think if they would agree stop rockets then Israel would stop theres just no resoning with them.I have jewish freinds I have even been 2 a few Bar Mitzvah,s they seem like good people 2 me.Why do so many dislike them?

Now im craving some matzaball soup its better than chicken noodle if you have the flue.

matzoh_ball.jpg

Last edited:
Well this was only one I really agree with.Not 2 say some of others have a good point.Also rainbow said could be begining of ww3 really hope he is wrong but he could be right.Was the main topic @ my church this week + I hear a lot about it on radio.I dont understand why some are saying its about oil+land? WHAT OIL ??? AS FAR AS LAND i DONT THINK Israel WANTS ANY JUST WANT ROCKETS 2 STOP.They have increased not stopped.I dont understand why so many people hate Israel.President bush said 2day Hamas has choosen to turn its back on palestine people+use gaza 2 launch rockets.Hamas stated they have rockets that will go further in+intend 2 launch them.Israel stated they will defend themselfs against any+all atacks. I blame hamas I think if they would agree stop rockets then Israel would stop theres just no resoning with them.I have jewish freinds I have even been 2 a few Bar Mitzvah,s they seem like good people 2 me.Why do so many dislike them?

Now im craving some matzaball soup its better than chicken noodle if you have the flue.

matzoh_ball.jpg
i don't think it's oil. more like fort knox at the end of the day. just mt 2 pennies worth.

The current situation with Israel was foretold between 520 and 470 B.C by the prophet Zecharia.

BibleGateway.com - PassageLookup: Zechariah 12:2;

The bottom line is it doesnt matter who is to blame.
No one will be able to make a truce with Israel exept for one that is created by the Anti-Christ. Until then there will be no peace. They will just continue to go back and forth.

I hope it doesnt escilate but it may.I cant see Israel waiting 4 Iran to build a nuke.THey have made it clear what they will do with it.

The current situation with Israel was foretold between 520 and 470 B.C by the prophet Zecharia.

BibleGateway.com - PassageLookup: Zechariah 12:2;

The bottom line is it doesnt matter who is to blame.
No one will be able to make a truce with Israel exept for one that is created by the Anti-Christ. Until then there will be no peace. They will just continue to go back and forth.

scary stuff huh?

scary stuff huh?

eh.. not scary. just our future being seen as a historical event over 2000 years ago. what I find interesting is prophecy about events that could not even have been imagined 100 years ago much less 2000 years ago, which today seems like a no brainer.

I hope it doesnt escilate but it may.I cant see Israel waiting 4 Iran to build a nuke.THey have made it clear what they will do with it.

Frankly, I strongly suspected that Israel would bomb the shiz out of Iran after the election but before Inauguation Day; that way, The outgoing administration would take the heat (so what, Obama could legitimately say "not me"). Frankly, they'd be doing the US a favor.

Thought this MSNBC Blog post today interesting. Notice the different levels of 'persuasion' used by both sides...

TEL AVIV – Have you noticed that in the TV coverage of the Gaza conflict between Israel and Hamas, all we’ve seen are missiles, explosions and their sad aftermath?
We haven’t seen one image of an Israeli firing a gun. Same thing goes for Hamas.

Although Hamas fighters are hunkered down in homes, mosques, schools and even in hospitals, according to Palestinians who can see them, we haven’t seen one picture of a Hamas fighter with a gun in a military situation, let alone firing it.

It’s an extreme case of "Control the Message."

SLIDESHOW: Gaza chaos

Both sides are doing it. Israel has closed the border area to any journalists (or civilians it feels don’t have any business there). And Israeli citizens, whose sons and daughters are fighting the war – and who know the government’s policy on images from war zones – are understandably reluctant to release cell-phone video of the scenes.

Hamas achieves the same result in a different way: they simply threaten to kill anybody who films them. That’s a persuasive argument, especially as most, if not all, of the reporters in Gaza at the moment are local Palestinians, who have nowhere to escape to.

And in Rafah, on the Egyptian section of the Gaza border, where local police violently suppressed demonstrations against Israel’s invasion – and also protests critical of Egypt’s alleged collusion with Israel – all video was confiscated from reporters.

In the West Bank, Palestinian police dealt with pro-Hamas demonstrators in the same way, but more brutally. Reporters were beaten and threatened before having their tapes taken from them.

Each side wants to be the ‘victim’
What is the message that is being so brutally controlled? It’s the same as always: each side wants to be portrayed as the victim, one that doesn’t have a choice but to defend itself.

All we see broadcast in Israel are homes battered by Palestinian rockets, with their intrinsic message that the Israelis have no choice but to retaliate against Hamas in order to return "peace and serenity" to its people.

And from Gaza, all we are allowed to see are crushed homes, bleeding adults and dead children. Their message: look what they’re doing to us, the world must stop them.

The irony, of course, is that the message from both sides is right – that the violence should stop. However, each side protests that only its violence is justified.

Israel and its supporters argue that there is no equivalence – they have been rocketed for years before their patience ran out. For Hamas, their charter states their goal – to destroy Israel.
For onlookers, images of destruction, each side’s key propaganda weapon, are confusing. Can anybody be right if all this is so wrong?

And that’s the job of a reporter – to report the story of both sides as fairly as he can, while each side limits his or her access to the truth

Back