Comparison of K1200S, ZX12, and Busa

One thing I did notice about that article waaay back that started this thread......On BMW's website they claim the 1200 has 167 crank hp...Suzi claims 178 with the Busa....Kawi claims 180 for the 12R. How come in this articles specs they claim all the bikes are within 4 rwhp of each other? The BMW's rwhp looks a little high for the crank hp....but its possible I suppose. But cmon' now we ALL know that the two Japanese machines rwhp numbers should be wayyy higher in comparison to the Bimmer's no matter what the story.......what gives??  
rock.gif
I hear THAT BR1.....especially since RWHP is the result of a mathmatical equation that's based on "TORQUE"...and at about 6,750 rpms (where the Busa Peaks at nearly 100FTLBS) the big beemer is about 20FTLBS shy of the Busa...and only ever hits 87FTLBS on a spiked peak....where te Busa's tourque curve is both stronger and flatter....buuuhhht???....

Folks gotta sell magazines and motorcycles dontcha know.
laugh.gif

BTW...wtf is it with things that start with a "K"
rock.gif

In the 1900's the KKK claimed they were the answer to white supremecy and.....they weren't.

In the early '80's chrysler proclaimed they had the solution to america's gas crisis with their "K"-Car...and it wasn't.

In the late 90's "K"rispy "K"reme said their doughnuts were better than Double D's...and they weren't.

And now in '05
rock.gif
...BMW claims their "K"1200S is a "Busa Beater" and...well..it ain't.
laugh.gif

But..if I ever win the state lottery and need a real fast way to get to the Yahtzee Championships???
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Aught, now your true colors are showing. You don't want to discuss anything, you just want to say whatever you think will start an argument. If you feel like you need to have the last post so you feel better about yourself, feel free.
Here's a few parting thoughts:
You based your expectation on a few paragraphs that I had written in response to a thread in cyberspace. That would be a prime example of ignorance. How do you possibly expect to know what to expect from me when you know absolutely NOTHING about me?
You said that many more magazine articles would have the same outcome as this one.
I am not dressing you down either as a superior or subordinate, simply pointing out where you are wrong.
I didn't ask why you sold your last bike, you brought that up all on your own, looking for sympathy. Pathetic.
I agree that a better bike will come along, this just ain't it.
Why hasn't anyone won with a BMW during the TT races then?
You won't wait and see, your mind is already made up.
Now you agree with me that an opinion can't be wrong? That's the first intelligent thing you've written in this entire thread.
Better handling is opinion based. Hence my statement about the K's only wins being based on opinion, not empirical testing.
The opinions of the testers that the BMW is a better bike wouldn't be wrong, but they are stating "facts" they don't say"The BMW is better in my opinion........", they just proclaim it the victor.
If that's exactly what you were going to say to me, why didn't you say it earlier?
Yes, you criticize everyone.
I'm not pretentious, you used the term kindred spirits, not me! I'm not trying to tell you that you're wrong, I just want you to go away. At this point I don't care what your opinions are, you are not worth dicussing anything with.
I have not been critical of you, simply of the tone of your posts. I suppose that you are not accustomed to someone challenging you, it seems you don't like to take what you so freely dish out.
Nothing you have written has hit home with me, nor shall I take anything to heart. In case you hadn't noticed, this is not real life, you are not some wise figure dispensing sage advice on important life-changing subjects to a young pupil who needs guidance.This is an internet message board where people come to discuss topics of mutual interest, share experiences and debate differences. I do not need to be lectured to by some sympathy seeking pompous dunce, whose sole enjoyment in life seems to be inflicting his worthless anecdotes on people who didn't ask for them. Go back to pontificating on topics about which you have no direct experience, I'll go ride my bike. I hope that one day you will realize how insignificant people such as yourself should really not dish out things which they are not capable of accepting in return.

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113402317 -->

I thought about it and I don't care if The beemer has a vibrating seat and auto pilot, It AIN'T NO BUSA!!!!!!!! So I'm not switchin

Oh, what an ego you have there, stating that yours is the superior machine... [/QUOTE]

Here's a bit of a tip for you...

Read. COMPREHEND. The reply. You're missing the middle part.

I said it was, FOR ME, the superior machine.

As for the rest of it, I'm not going to bother. I said my piece, and I'm not going to get into a pissing match with a #####. Faceless entities on the other side of a computer monitor trying to be cool and tough really aren't worth my time.

Holy Crap....... I finally got through all 8 pages. Now I am so beat I gotta go home and take a nap.....

Oh, I see that aughtsix did post a picture of his ride..... Thanx dude, that would help explain a lot....

post_12_60055_her_bike.jpg

Aught, now your true colors are showing. You don't want to discuss anything, you just want to say whatever you think will start an argument.
Takes two to argue there, spanky...  And it seems to me that you're the one trying to start the arguement.  But of course, I'm wrong about that and you're right, right?

You based your expectation on a few paragraphs that I had written in response to a thread in cyberspace. That would be a prime example of ignorance. How do you possibly expect to know what to expect from me when you know absolutely NOTHING about me?[/QUOTE]

I based my expectation on experience and it proved to be correct - look where we are now.  And, Brown, I expected you to respond, and once again, you have.  To this point you've exceeded my expectations, though my expectations for you were set very low.  

You said that many more magazine articles would have the same outcome as this one.[/QUOTE]

Stop eating pills you find, Brown.  I said that this is but one of many articles to come - never mentioned or predicted an outcome.  Since the K12S is new, I'm sure it's going to get more than its share of press.  I'm sure every magazine will want one for testing.  I've also said repeatedly that time will tell.

I am not dressing you down either as a superior or subordinate, simply pointing out where you are wrong.[/QUOTE]

In order for you to point out where I'm wrong, you have to assume a position of rightness.  In any event, if what you say is true, go ahead and tell me that I'm not inferior or a subordinate - I don't think you can.  Prove me wrong.

I didn't ask why you sold your last bike, you brought that up all on your own, looking for sympathy. Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

You did ask - twice - what bike I rode.  You even emphasized that I'd ignored your question the first time asked, which shows a driving desire on your part to know.  You're the nosy one and I'm chided - three times now - for volunteering information.  But, I did volunteer the information, so just keep on hammering me for it.  I wouldn't expect less of you - and yes, at this point this is another expectation.  And frankly I see you as the pathetic one for continuing to bring it up...

I agree that a better bike will come along, this just ain't it.[/QUOTE]

Once again, we'll just have to wait and see...

Why hasn't anyone won with a BMW during the TT races then?[/QUOTE]

It's a brand new model bike - give it time.

You won't wait and see, your mind is already made up.[/QUOTE]

I'll let you answer yourself:

Originally posted by the one with his foot in his own mouth   You based your expectation on a few paragraphs that I had written in response to a thread in cyberspace. That would be a prime example of ignorance. How do you possibly expect to know what to expect from me when you know absolutely NOTHING about me?[/QUOTE]

Now you agree with me that an opinion can't be wrong?[/QUOTE]

No, just showing you the incredibly obvious internal inconsistency of your arguement.  But you likely fail to grasp that as well.

Better handling is opinion based. Hence my statement about the K's only wins being based on opinion, not empirical testing.[/QUOTE]

So that article isn't the result of empirical data??  

The opinions of the testers that the BMW is a better bike wouldn't be wrong, but they are stating "facts" they don't say"The BMW is better in my opinion........", they just proclaim it the victor.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we're reading the same article...

Yes, you criticize everyone.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, wrong yet again.  I haven't met everyone...

I'm not pretentious... [/QUOTE]

Okay Brown, if you say so.

At this point I don't care what your opinions are, you are not worth dicussing anything with.[/QUOTE]

Yet you keep coming back.  Why is that exactly?

I have not been critical of you, simply of the tone of your posts.[/QUOTE]

Again I'll let you answer yourself:

Originally posted by the one with his foot still in his own mouth
"Aught, now your true colors are showing. You don't want to discuss anything, you just want to say whatever you think will start an argument."
"I didn't ask why you sold your last bike, you brought that up all on your own, looking for sympathy. Pathetic."
"You won't wait and see, your mind is already made up."
"Now you agree with me that an opinion can't be wrong? That's the first intelligent thing you've written in this entire thread."
"Yes, you criticize everyone."
"At this point I don't care what your opinions are, you are not worth dicussing anything with."
"it seems you don't like to take what you so freely dish out."
"I do not need to be lectured to by some sympathy seeking pompous dunce, whose sole enjoyment in life seems to be inflicting his worthless anecdotes on people who didn't ask for them."
"I hope that one day you will realize how insignificant people such as yourself should really not dish out things which they are not capable of accepting in return."[/QUOTE]

And that's from just this one post.

I suppose that you are not accustomed to someone challenging you, it seems you don't like to take what you so freely dish out.[/QUOTE]

I'm challenged often - it's normally a growing experience.  This isn't a 'challenge' Brown, it's a flogging.

Nothing you have written has hit home with me, nor shall I take anything to heart.[/QUOTE]

Stating the obvious...

This is an internet message board where people come to discuss topics of mutual interest, share experiences and debate differences.[/QUOTE]

Oh were that only true in this case.  

I do not need to be lectured to by some sympathy seeking pompous dunce, whose sole enjoyment in life seems to be inflicting his worthless anecdotes on people who didn't ask for them.[/QUOTE]

What anecdotes have I shared in the course of this thread, other than in response to your accusations?

Go back to pontificating on topics about which you have no direct experience, I'll go ride my bike.[/QUOTE]

I've been riding for more than 30 years, Brown, and you??

And, I've ridden two of the three bikes in question, Brown, you??

I hope that one day you will realize how insignificant people such as yourself should really not dish out things which they are not capable of accepting in return. [/QUOTE]

I guess you've not taken these words - your words - to heart yet, Brown:

Originally posted by the one who likes to dispense advice to others that he doesn't apply to himself  Believe whatever you like, I could not care less which bike you prefer, but do not attempt to disparage the opinions of others, simply because they don't think like you.

AND

Just because you think something doesn't mean that those of us who think differently are wrong, or less intelligent, it just means that we have differing opinions.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like good advice Brown...  Can you keep it?

Steve

<!--EDIT|Aughtsix
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113442136 -->

rock.gif

In the 1900's the KKK claimed they were the answer to white supremecy and.....they weren't.

In the early '80's chrysler proclaimed they had the solution to america's gas crisis with their "K"-Car...and it wasn't.

In the late 90's "K"rispy "K"reme said their doughnuts were better than Double D's...and they weren't.

And now in '05
rock.gif
laugh.gif
My middle initial is "K"

rock.gif

rock.gif

And now in '05
rock.gif
laugh.gif
My middle initial is "K"
Are you serious??

rock.gif

You consider this STARTING an argument?
Your expectation proved to be correct cuz you won't shut up.
Your implication was that th other articles would be the same.
I don't have to be right to know you are wrong.
I asked what you rode, not why you sold your bike.
BMW has had a prototype available for more than a year.
I've said that an opinion can't be wrong from the begining.
This is one test, in one magazine which is suspect.
Again, not criticising you, just your posts.
If you consider this a flogging, why don't you just go away?
Apparently the obvious needs to be stated, you don't get it.
Anecdotes about cancer, friendship, people taking advice.
I've been riding for 14 years, but I'm still doing it.
I have a Busa, access to a 12 5 miles away, anytime I want.
Why are you still giving me advice, even if it's my own?

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: "Length of quote,nobody wants to read that again"|1113444159 -->

As sweet as the busa is, they are right on one thing... Suzuki has not "moved on"... and it has gotten stale compared to the rest of the field. The BMW looks to be a pretty sweet ride, but I'd still take a busa over the beemer or the 12r... As "dated" as it is, it's still a bad arse bike.

Maybe this is what it will take for Zuk to get off their asses and update the busa though. When the mags stop praising it and start calling it stale, maybe they will shid or get off the pot.
rock.gif
mod that bemer out.... then bring it next to a similarly modded busa......  game over.

......... but we know who did "move on"..............    
all_coholic.gif

rock.gif

And now in '05
rock.gif
laugh.gif
My middle initial is "K"
HAHAHAHA... you are officially the second person I know of who had that unsually painful set of initials. Went to high school with a girl with the same -- Kerry Kathleen Kelly.

Poor, poor girl.

rock.gif

Man o man 30 min's later i am done with this dramatic argument. interesting to see the way it has progressed.

This is the funniest pissin contest ive seen in a while!

IM taller than you!

no ur not!

Yes i am!

My mom says i am.

Ive ridden 2 moms and they said i was.

blahblahblahblah

End it!

Why are you still giving me advice, even if it's my own?
I keep reminding you of your own advice because you continue steadfastly in ignoring it - just as you ignore my responses and continue to repeat the same nonsense. I can see why you are as you are. By the way, it's your advice. I'm not giving it to you, I'm merely reminding you of it. It's always easier giving advice to another than to to follow it yourself, isn't it Mr. Brown.

Each point has been answered, then answered again, then answered again. Yet you continue coming up with glowing gems like this:

I don't have to be right to know you are wrong.[/QUOTE]

And statements shown to be inaccurate:

Again, not criticising you, just your posts.[/QUOTE]

Those quoted were criticisms of me, not of my posts.

You claim...
I've been riding for 14 years, but I'm still doing it.
I have a Busa, access to a 12 5 miles away, anytime I want.[/QUOTE]
...which is great -- So, have you actually ridden the ZX-12r Mr. Brown?

Lastly:

Your expectation proved to be correct cuz you won't shut up.[/QUOTE]

No, my expecation is proven to be correct through experience because YOU won't shut up. You can render my expectation fruitless. Or can you...

lurk.gif

Since it seems the general consensus is that this has degenerated into a pissing contest, I'm done. Guess I'll go riding!

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113481152 -->

b_out_lttle2.JPG

COOL pic..but WHERE IS YOUR GEAR!!!!!!!!!!Are you one of those who dont wear a helmet either?! I hope you wear your gear when your riding.
smile.gif

Back