ChattanoogaBusa Is Down...

Great news!!! Take pics of him while he's out of it and drooling all over himself :rulez: :rofl:

Hope he feels better soon...thanks for updating us :thumbsup:

ChattanoogaBusa - Daniel, you are one lucky cat there brother! Better inventory your remaining lives 'cause if I had to guess I'd say you spent 8 of them on that one.

Looks like when it hit that post it wedged the wheel under the railing and the impact and momentum ripped the bike in two. Seeing that the back portion of the bike only spun off about 30' it'd appear that you weren't going fast or slowed up a good bit before impact. Makes for a real nasty looking accident scene though.

Glad that the Lord was co-piloting and that you were able walk away from it. Heal up fast and go break-in another one, just don't go break'n it in two! :poke: :laugh:

Damn man, you were definitley riding 2up that day. Get better and get back on that horse.

Get some rest & kiss your wife Daniel......you're a lucky guy. Glad to hear nothing serious was found at the docs.

Thanks for all the comments and continued support. You guys are really great! :thumbsup:

I'm feeling quite a bit better today. Still fuzzy on some things. It's just taking me a little bit longer than normal to process stuff, but hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon.

Looks like when it hit that post it wedged the wheel under the railing and the impact and momentum ripped the bike in two. Seeing that the back portion of the bike only spun off about 30' it'd appear that you weren't going fast or slowed up a good bit before impact. Makes for a real nasty looking accident scene though.

I think that's probably just how it happened. I wasn't off the seat because I was just cruising at the speed limit and not riding hard at all. When the wind hit me I automatically went into full lean against it, but there was no time to get off the seat before it forced me off the road. If I had leaned any further, I would've low-sided and gone under the rail. People have asked if I let go of the bike, or was thrown from it. I honestly don't remember. I remember the front tire leaving the road, then tumbling and bouncing against the guard rail, but can't recall the initial impact or coming off of the bike at all. I came to rest 36 feet from where the bike first made contact with the rail.

Glad to see you posting, Daniel! Take it easy and get yourself better!

This is a poster child for not leaving home without G & G (God & Gear). This is also why they say don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly. Looks like he had your back on that one. That could've turned out really bad. Glad you're ok.

Man, I've always wanted to go to the dragon, but hearing about these accidents and seeing the tree of shame has me rethinking that visit. ???

Should we start a "dragon replacement parts" thread so everyone can begin looking in their garages for spare parts?

I ended up with a broken hip, right arm in 3 places, right foot, internal bleeding a concussion and was in the hospital for 4 weeks, recovery for 3 years. My buddy drove my bike home the night of the crash. I didn't hit anything or anyone, and I had full leathers and back brace on.

Your boy was lucky.

Man I just read the news. I'm glad you turned out OK and I hope you continue your speedy recovery. Prayers sent.

Chris

Great to see you posting Daniel!!! I think you even spelled everything right. No noggin damage! WooHoo!!:cheerleader:

The best thing is that your OK You can always get another bike. So sorry to hear of your accident Godspeed on a speedy recovery back to normal. Prayers sent count your blessings.
Take care
Greg

Great news, thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of you on your new bike and riding with you again next Spring. :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

Back