Busa for Ducati?

Based on your requirements, I suggest this:

Pink.jpg

Actually, that would be more reliable than a Ducati.

Have a 7yo with 2 of those, I could borrow one I guess. Could get a little dicey on 95 tho...

I think he's confusing you with the guy who said his dad wanted to buy him a graduation present.

I would hope so. It's kind of an ignorant thing to post regardless. I thought there wasnt any of those type of people on this board...

Been debating on trying to trade my 06 LE for a Ducati. Had an 05 Monster a while back and I ride with a guy who has an 1198. I dont use half the power my bike has and 80% of the riding I do it to work and back, a couple days a year I get out on some back roads. I absolutely love the Ducati sound with a Termi exhaust. Not looking for a new one, or another Monster, a 749 or 849 would be fine. Thoughts??

Ride one for a few miles and then decide.

It comes down to personal choice, and a 849 is a track bike, a Busa is not. My preference would be a GSXR750, will kill a stock 849 on the track every time.

Ok.. Make this make sence to me. On a busa board asking to trade in your busa for another brand.. Not even staying zuki specific. Of course most of the people on here are going to say NO and say it's a downgrade. I mean, the majority of people on here are on here because they LOVE their bikes. When all in all, it's your money, your butt and your bike. Do whatcha do.

Me personally, I like Ducs, but don't think I would trade in my busa for one. Now if I could own one in addition to my busa, that'd be awesome.

But I have to agree, your arguement that you don't use the power of the busa just doesn't cut it. And to ride one just to commute to work.. Like me saying "Oh, I just use the Dodge Viper to go get groceries".. HUH?

If you like the duc more than you do the busa.. be proud of it and just do it! But if you're trying to rationalize about it...well gotta hit it from a different angle.

I think you want the Duc, does that mean you'll be satisfied once you get it? Maybe you won't know till you either do some test rides or try the trade out. It's up to you, but it sounds like you're a light commuter and I know most of the folk here think that the Busa is a great commuter compared to most sports.
So do what satisfies you man and you will regret nothing.

I don't consider myself an expert on much, but this might finally be a subject just wierd enough for me to have some insight. I got my first Suzuki at the age of 5 and have had about 10 including 2 Busas. I have done everythinh from MX racing to my current draging of a Nitrous injected stretched and slammed Gen!! street sleeper. I also started my love affair with Ducatis in 1998 with a Paso and have owned over ten of them and worked at a dealership for 4 years as a side job. What I can say is you are comparing apples to oranges. An 848(not 849) and a Gen 1 are two totally different bikes. Neither is super comfortable but I would have to dgive the nod to the busa. Of course the monster would be a different story. For looks.......well I am a sucker for Italian design. With that said to make a Busa "Cool" is fairly cheap in comparison. The Ducati will set you back some where north of $2500 for the Termis and fuel management. Not to mention the 848 doesn't have the other thing that makes a Duck a Duck, the dry clutch. That is another $2000, throw in the mandatory carbon fiber and you have some serious cash compared to what you might spend on after market busa stuff. As for reliability there are absolutely no issues if they are not neglecte, same as all other bikes. None of my bikes lead ann easy life, but I can say that I have had more problems with my 08 GenII with 14K on it than my 98SSFE Duck which has 22K and been used for nothing but 2 trips a year to Deals Gap and Track days so they are not easy miles. If you want comfort and a Duck you might want to look at the new 1100 monster or a used S2R, both are comfortable with very usable power and super light. And on a tight road nothing beats the tractable power delivery and handling of a Ducati. But if you want a street bike that can turn honest to goodness low 9 second 1/4s with a few mods and still ride it to work and sit in city traffic keep the Busa. I hate loosing, that's why I have both!!!

Just like a hot chick, while the Duc is a very sexy beast, it comes with 'issues'. The zuk is just about bulletproof and runs great. Would you rather be to work on time, or absent because you can't get parts...just sayin....

Don't do it. You'll be wanting to kick your own ass in 6 months. Stuff goes wrong with a Ducati that would never go wrong with a jap bike. Big mistake--Don't do it.

I don't consider myself an expert on much, but this might finally be a subject just wierd enough for me to have some insight. I got my first Suzuki at the age of 5 and have had about 10 including 2 Busas. I have done everythinh from MX racing to my current draging of a Nitrous injected stretched and slammed Gen!! street sleeper. I also started my love affair with Ducatis in 1998 with a Paso and have owned over ten of them and worked at a dealership for 4 years as a side job. What I can say is you are comparing apples to oranges. An 848(not 849) and a Gen 1 are two totally different bikes. Neither is super comfortable but I would have to dgive the nod to the busa. Of course the monster would be a different story. For looks.......well I am a sucker for Italian design. With that said to make a Busa "Cool" is fairly cheap in comparison. The Ducati will set you back some where north of $2500 for the Termis and fuel management. Not to mention the 848 doesn't have the other thing that makes a Duck a Duck, the dry clutch. That is another $2000, throw in the mandatory carbon fiber and you have some serious cash compared to what you might spend on after market busa stuff. As for reliability there are absolutely no issues if they are not neglecte, same as all other bikes. None of my bikes lead ann easy life, but I can say that I have had more problems with my 08 GenII with 14K on it than my 98SSFE Duck which has 22K and been used for nothing but 2 trips a year to Deals Gap and Track days so they are not easy miles. If you want comfort and a Duck you might want to look at the new 1100 monster or a used S2R, both are comfortable with very usable power and super light. And on a tight road nothing beats the tractable power delivery and handling of a Ducati. But if you want a street bike that can turn honest to goodness low 9 second 1/4s with a few mods and still ride it to work and sit in city traffic keep the Busa. I hate loosing, that's why I have both!!!

Great insight there, thanks! I know they can be high maintenance, but like you said if you do the scheduled stuff, it should be ok. I've heard there's a decent maintenance difference between the S2R and the S4R monster, know anything about that? It's a valve difference right?

Don't do it. You'll be wanting to kick your own ass in 6 months. Stuff goes wrong with a Ducati that would never go wrong with a jap bike. Big mistake--Don't do it.

Kind of what I'm trying to gain some insight on. Really want to see who's had both and can compare the two.

Back