Ducati

Interesting comversation on this topic
rock.gif
! Lots of Ducs cost this and that, when our other threads talk about how much $$$$$ we spend on our Busa's
laugh.gif
. 5 Grand for a turbo, tails, paint, rear sets, exhaust, helibars, lights and on and on. Amounting to THOUSANDS !
Lets face it, most of us can't leave a bike stock. Busa or Duc, your wallet will grow wings when adding performance....but forgetting Turbo's and such, have you seen the price to upgrade a Duc?

Ducati 749 Termignoni Titanium Exhaust System - - - £ 2236.12 (I think thats british pounds)...lol OMG

Ok, where do i find me a nice MV F4S Tamburini...I have to stop looking at this Bologna!

Interesting comversation on this topic
rock.gif
! Lots of Ducs cost this and that, when our other threads talk about how much $$$$$ we spend on our Busa's
laugh.gif
. 5 Grand for a turbo, tails, paint, rear sets, exhaust, helibars, lights and on and on. Amounting to THOUSANDS !
Lets face it, most of us can't leave a bike stock. Busa or Duc, your wallet will grow wings when adding performance....but forgetting Turbo's and such, have you seen the price to upgrade a Duc?

Ducati 749 Termignoni Titanium Exhaust System   - - -     £ 2236.12 (I think thats british pounds)...lol OMG

Ok, where do i find me a nice MV F4S Tamburini...I have to stop looking at this Bologna!
Not to mention that the $$$ we spend on our Busa are for modifications (upgrading, 1 would hope)... Verses, the $$$ Ducs are just for maintanence and to keep it running right. Funny thing is that reply about 15,000 reminded me of a time when I ran into a 949 rider in Westwood. We chatted and he mentioned he was selling his, I asked him why, he said he wanted to get a Aprilla and that his Duc was getting old anyway (he had about 11,000 on it) and nothing wrong with it. Just needed a complete electrical overhaul "that's all".

But once again, the Duc is a thing of beauty. Visually at least. Maybe so because we see so little of it, and in the back of our mind it's so pricey and impractical to get. All marketing of image, baby!!!

You can't compare the Duc's with the Suzuki's. It's not like that when your looking at a Ducati. Most people looking at Ducati's are not comparing the 2. I'm at the point in my life where i could care less about all out performance. Since i do all the work on my own bikes, the maintenence isn't a biggie with me. I will have a 999s one day..... i'll take it in bright red.

You can't compare the Duc's with the Suzuki's. It's not like that when your looking at a Ducati. Most people looking at Ducati's are not comparing the 2.
Why can't you compare the Suzuki and the Duc? I believe in WSB and AMA, both bikes run against eachother.

Obviously the Duc and the Suzuki are very different, but they are made to compete against each other. I think both bikes do everything you could want a bike to do, and do it extremely well...but to say you can't compare the 2 bikes is only your opinion.

A Duc is not a frickin Mythical Unicorn...you can purchase one just as easily as a Suzuki in most areas. In fact I can find more 999's than Busa's in Minneapolis.

And I think your comment about most people looking at Duc's are not comparing the 2....can say a few different things. First - in my area most people on Duc's are there to pick up chicks, look cool, and be different. If you talk to the local racer's they ride what they can get the most performance out of....not what looks the best.

Now the other group of buyers are most likely yourself GM, and myself...Wanting a Duc because they are the elite Twin. The sound stirs up emotion only second to the MV (lol...had to say it), the history behind one of the most saught after 2-wheel machines ever made. The craftsmanship of hand-built bikes (This has suffered greatly over the last few years...thus my love for the 916).

The Duc's have a great racing history, but they have been having some real performance issues over the last few years, and I dont care what you say or how anyone wants to debate it...the Japanese Bikes are Superior to the Duc's in almost every way. Thats not just my opinion, take a look at what wins the races - Stock or Modified.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152035024 -->

Ok you guys have convinced me, I'll get rid of my 998, 916 and 888 (just sold my ST4s) cause they cost toooooo much
laugh.gif
You guys can't compair a Duc to a Jap bike. Jap bikes are throw away bikes (as seen from the manufacture point of view) and Ducs are like Harleys, Porsches or that RED Italian Car
wink.gif
. The Busa is by far the BEST Bike I've ever had, based on what I do with it. But saying a Duc is not worth it is like saying a Fast Red Italian Car isn't worth it. Well, it is if you have the $$$$ and desire to have it. Unlike most Jap Bike riders at track day, Duc riders seem to ride without trying to prove anything. Don't believe me, just look as some post above this
blush.gif

Closing, I love my Ducs, and I love MY BUSA, just for different reasons
cool.gif

if you don't know what you are getting into? don't just mess with it...theres nothing like a busa or the gixxers...money wise, maintenace wise, technically...anything you can think of...and not many owners happy about it.
It is unique and all that...but will you spend 2~3 times more for just that? in reality, nobody does...
+1

Back