Building a bike

Man that is a cool build. It all looks sick. I wouldn't coat the frame with anything. If ur gonna powder coat is or have it painted you will just spend more having it prepped.

Maybe a secondary brace under the lower triple tree for a bit more stability? That's really a beautiful project you have there! :D That front brake rotor is the size of a garbage can lid! If that doesn't stop you...nothing will! Well...except a wall....or a group of tourists. :whistle: ;)

It has been a few years in the works...but a few days ago I finally fired the engine and it sounds awesome. It is a high compression 110" revtech with a bunch of other work. I was fortunate enough to get it from a guy that won 1st place at rats hole and his efforts are now part of my build. My next plan is to put the brake lines on / bleed them and drive it around minus lights for shake down bs...after winter I'll get the real Ohio trooper approval / plates and it will be my first home build bike process. It might sound lame but that first few cranks that do nothing and when you see the loose wire and hook it up and bang it is running puts back 100% motivation to complete a long project. Thanks for reading I'll put up some new pics tomorrow.

Take care, Ryan

some more pics...I'm pumped that it is almost complete....

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

I tried to show the kick stand, fuel filter, eng mount (railroad spikes), the exh is loud and to short so that will be a redo...it was a plus that the oil lines did not leak / nor did the fuel lines. Thanks for looking at this any tips / comments might help me along the way so please share...the one pic shows the tail lights...I plan to run the wires in the copper tubing just like the oil line for a mimic / clean look.

Take care, Ryan

Back