Arghh,, Grumpy's build!

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
We started building Dave motor last nite!

First off, i had sent the case out for a line bore and oil mods. Also the machine shop was supposed to size all the bearings, well they sized all the manins and the rods, well they forgot to size the thrust crank bearings. So off to my buddies machine shop this morning to surface grind the thrust bearings, well that wasn't too bad. Got that done and we finished the lower end!

So now we where shimming the valves, get almost all the way done, and were 2 shims short! The build is killing me!

So well be back to the surface grinder tommorow to make a couple of shims, why cant things be simple!

It is never easy doing this chit, you of all should know! That's something you can look back on and laffff:laugh:

post-13-40248-useless.jpg

post-13-40248-useless.jpg

Hey Church, Backatcha'

Don't know if John has been taking and pics...

Just a rebuild again, it started as a 1397 HC and we upped the the crank to an 08' 2mm stroker now making it a 1441, had the case line bored for the new crank and did the oil galley mods to up the pressure and bath at the crank, 60 lbs valve springs and upped the cam to a 395 lift intake and am moving the 378 to the exhaust side, got the tranny freshened up and undercut. Port and polish and valve job next winter and up the cam again to a 415 intake and move the 395 over to the exhaust side. Shooting for 230ish at the wheel nauturally aspirated when all is said and done. Before this set of mods it was running 197 HP (at time of tuning) it pulled a 192 after 4000 miles on the build on a 90 degree day after a 100 mile ride on the highway, we'll letcha know where it lands after the tuning is done. hoping for 205 to 210 this time...

I had a tranny issue between second and third gear back in the fall, the motor was coming apart anyway...

Only pic I have... The lower end in the back of my van at the machine shop, Kent had just shaved the thrust bearing .0002" to get the clearance correct, he is using the feeler gauge to check the clearance...

IMG00655.jpg

Back