removing the engine need speical tool

samizx7

Registered
hey guys i posted that i found a crack in the engine, now i decided to get the engine off and do it the right way.
1- where can i get the special tool (thrust sprocket) to remove the engine.
2- what is the size for the front sprocket socket.
3 what is the size of the rear axel socket.
4- Should i remove theTHROTTLE BODIES
i have done many engine swap before (never on a busa)
is there any special methods. thanks

the socket i need is
Engine mount thrust washer adjuster socket wrench
09940-14990
if anyone have it or could where i could rent it. please let me know i need it asap.

<!--EDIT|samizx7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133405728 -->

it's a stress crack if anything, leave motor on, drop exhaust,radiator,oil cooler,disconnect ecu and battery.get a dremel,grind a v in crack not very deep and weld it up.good as new.

I fabricated my own using standard and metric sized sockets. I'll get the measurements tonight and post it up tomorrow.

I borrowed mine from a friend.. its like $70 and the other one is like $120 (dont quote me on the price .. i just asked for full retail out of curiosity)
The pics are only for the motor mount tool .. the one for the swing arm can be loosened with a punch and hammer.
Imagestation.com closed, link removed
Imagestation.com closed, link removed

<!--EDIT|808Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133434808 -->

i just need the one for the engine. anyone in miami knows where i could get on. please post measuerments.
goldenchild the engine need to come out, i took the bike without everything you listed, and the guy said the engine need to be turned around, and the crack from under the hole.

<!--EDIT|samizx7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133449163 -->

Not sure why you don't have a service manual. It will list all the spec. tools needed to do any job and how ?  
wink.gif

At least mine does !

Okay I had the same issue. Easy $5 (or less) fix is to do this:

1. Get chalk or a marker and color the socket exterior you want to fit.

2. Transfer the color/chalk to the paper towel by pressing it the socket.

3. Go to a hardware store and search for a bolt with a head the same size as the socket(s) you want to fit using the papertowel outline. Then buy two nuts for each bolt. ** Bolt heads are NOT the same for each bolt even though the bolt size is identical. Thus a 5mm bolt, for example, could have a variance in the size the head is when compared to another 5mm bolt.

4. Go home and lock the nuts onto the bolt. Do this by screwing the first nut down the bolt about 3 nut widths. Then follow with the 2nd nut until its against the 1st nut. TIGHTEN the 2nd nut down to the 1st.

5. Now put the head of the bolt into the socket. Depending on whether you are tightening or losening the socket, you wrench the corresponding nut. Tinker with it and you'll get the idea. (I want to say to losen - wrench the 1st nut and to tighten wrench the 2nd nut... but I don't recall off hand)

Works like a champ and costs next to nothing. This is how I get my front off the bike. Hope this helps.

HT

You bet!

I forgot to mention to leave the pinch pins on the non-socket side (clutch/left side) snug so it holds the other side in place for you.

Keep us posted on your success.

beerchug.gif

You bet!  

I forgot to mention to leave the pinch pins on the non-socket side (clutch/left side) snug so it holds the other side in place for you.

Keep us posted on your success.

beerchug.gif
hey i went and try to do it, i did not understand the instruction.. do you have a picture of it. ?? thanks for the help

<!--EDIT|samizx7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133551960 -->

When you went to try to do it... do you mean make the purchase or use the parts to undo the front?

PM sent with phone number - call me up bud

Back