My wife's building a Hayabusa!

Nothing stock about that engine at all, rods, 1/2 studs, JE pistons, bigger injectors, intercooler, and the list goes on and on.

In that case, DO NOT remove the Turbo....you are going to spend more time and money doing so. Just sell the well built and setup Turbo bike if you are going to take it all apart. It would cost you less in the long run and someone has already spent a LOT of $$$ setting up the Turbo properly...

Otherwise, the lowered compression, pistons, etc..for the Turbo won't make even stock power without the kit on it.

perhaps have it detuned? lower PSI, change mapping. ect? or give her yours!

+1

Yes, just put a smaller spring in it and lower the PSI. It will ride just like stock and be a very nice bike. When she is comfortable and ready, then she/you can start turning the boost back up... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestions, but I want her in a stock bike and I do not need a turbo for what I do on the street.:laugh:

With low psi, it will be no different than a stock bike and have power closer to a Gen-II. ;)

That's like buying a ZR1 and taking all the parts off to make it a base model Vette. Or buying a GT500 and making it a base model GT... :whistle:

Thanks - I bought this bike with nothing but the intentions of taking the turbo and engine out of the bike. Tonight I worked a deal and both the engine and turbo set-up are no longer mine. This is exactly what I wanted, it got my wife into a clean titled, clean faired, nice looking bike.

In that case, DO NOT remove the Turbo....you are going to spend more time and money doing so. Just sell the well built and setup Turbo bike if you are going to take it all apart. It would cost you less in the long run and someone has already spent a LOT of $$$ setting up the Turbo properly...

Otherwise, the lowered compression, pistons, etc..for the Turbo won't make even stock power without the kit on it.

+1

Yes, just put a smaller spring in it and lower the PSI. It will ride just like stock and be a very nice bike. When she is comfortable and ready, then she/you can start turning the boost back up... :thumbsup:

With low psi, it will be no different than a stock bike and have power closer to a Gen-II. ;)

That's like buying a ZR1 and taking all the parts off to make it a base model Vette. Or buying a GT500 and making it a base model GT... :whistle:

Well it looks like mamma can't part ways with what she already built! I am going to go to the DMV this week and make sure we can register her original frame, if so we are going to keep her build and part the turbo bike. Of course we will steal good parts.

Great thread, can i put my Grandson forward for the kids race???

Kwak2_zpse95aa6c5.jpg

Got some excellent news today from the DMV, I know how many people can say that. Basically I took the roller down there with the paperwork I had and the engine we are going to put into the bike. "Gunny" a former Marine (like myself) took care of me and he associated the new engine with the frame and got things set up for us when we return when the bike is built and has been safety inspected.

Also got a hook up on some powder coating. The frame, wheels, swingarm, rider and passenger pegs are going to all be black.

We are going to tear this baby down this week and get everything powdercoated and get rocking on the bike. Thanks for everyone's help.

Scott

Ok, do you mean the RIDER is going to be black or the rider PEGS? I'm confused :laugh:

Got some excellent news today from the DMV, I know how many people can say that. Basically I took the roller down there with the paperwork I had and the engine we are going to put into the bike. "Gunny" a former Marine (like myself) took care of me and he associated the new engine with the frame and got things set up for us when we return when the bike is built and has been safety inspected.

Also got a hook up on some powder coating. The frame, wheels, swingarm, rider and passenger pegs are going to all be black.

We are going to tear this baby down this week and get everything powdercoated and get rocking on the bike. Thanks for everyone's help.

Scott

Stripped the bike down today, swingarm, brake hangar, brake arm, wheels, all foot pegs/mounts and the frame are going to the powdercoater tomorrow.

IMG_20130324_111646_279_zps6d86a6e3.jpg

IMG_20130324_135902_045_zps4adf9f79.jpg

IMG_20130324_154856_972_zpsdecd84f5.jpg

Frame is salvaged from a wreck, so she sanded out some of the scratches even though they are hidden. More to come in a few weeks after Easter we are going to have a 2 day marathon and see if we can get her build and running.
IMG_20130324_151350_105_zps8aa78b8e.jpg

Today may as well be Easter here because a resurrection is about to begin.

Got everything back from the powder coater yesterday, it looks like he painted everything and then did 10 coats of clear. By far the best PC I have ever gotten.
IMG_20130406_113106_426_zpsa6af0250.jpg

Spare Parts Sally as the wife calls her started out a pile of parts this morning. 8 hours later she resembles what seems to be a bad ass motorcycle.

I think if we put in another 8 hour day next weekend we should be able to finish her off.

Started the day with all new wheel bearings and forks seals.
IMG_20130407_100244_419_zps3d5720ca.jpg

The was no way those beat up rotors could go on the bike when the powder coat looked so good. So mamma taped off the rivots for painting.
IMG_20130407_100256_313_zpsb10f1bf9.jpg

While we were waiting for the rotors to dry we did a fluid change and new seals on the forks.
IMG_20130407_111532_683_zpsf9fabd3b.jpg

Fork seals done, bearing and tires installed......let the building begin!
IMG_20130407_140735_726_zps9d43d5d9.jpg

Front end installed, mamma tightening down the swing arm pivot bolt.
IMG_20130407_154931_503_zpsd35eb999.jpg

Here's where we finished for the day, the black looks so nice, much better than the factory black.
IMG_20130407_181121_670_zps2d1c7c7a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back