Britney Spears is a stupid B.....

I'm sorry but a "nice" man doesn't demand the keys to my car and insist on driving. And men who send flowers only become stalkers after they've been told the other party is not interested.

LadyHawk and BigmanZ - if I read you both correctly, this is an issue of mutual respect, first and foremost, not man VS woman. I agree with your feelings and opinions on this subject completely. In our household, we do not designate anything by gender. If it needs to be done - you do it. If you need help, you ask for help. You set the example as a parent by what you do, not what you delegate. Our individual strengths and weaknesses and the ability to recognize them is what makes it work - not someone telling you what you can or can't do.

As far as the original subject is concerned - Since the aforementioned person does not live under my roof, does not sign my paycheck and is not a direct relative, I couldn't give a rat's behind what happens to her. I have way too many truly important things in my life that I am responsible for to waste another moment thinking about that mess.

She needs to move in to a double-wide (she can afford it) and shut up!
shutup.gif
shutup.gif

We'll be reading her obit this year.... and Dr. Phil is another ambulance chasing dickwad
ohthedrama.gif

shutup.gif

Few of us really want to admit our thoughts on gender roles in a household.
Good for you.  More Bronson men need to step up and help the rest of the world realize, like it or not, roles exist and are needed.

To wit:  went to lunch with a girl friend of mine today.  She has this large F-150 truck and she said, "let's take my truck, it's already warm."  I said, "Ok, but I am driving."  She handed me the keys and asked why.  I told her, "I have this thing about women driving guys around, and am working hard to correct that bad example".  She seemed elated to plop down in the passenger seat and said, "You know, I'd love to find a guy that takes the wheel like that.  "  Just another case of messed up roles.  To summerize Mars/Venus books in one sentance:  Men are fulfilled when giving/providing, women most fulfilled by receiving/acknoledging.  It's a perfect synergy negated by false perception of equality.

I realize "news" is crap, but has anyone seen any positive male role models in these girls lives?  Where's Britney's Dad in all this - you know the one she loves, adores, respects and responds to?  I've never see ANY decent men around these girls.  Quite the oposite usually... some pretty boy hollywood hunk who ALSO lacked the proper father role model to show them how to BE THE MAN for their girls.

I challenge any guy reading this.  Next time you and your girl drive someplace, look her in the eye and tell her YOU want to take her there [as the driver].  Many extra points if you open her door for her and close it once she's in.  This usually only takes about 15 extra seconds - yes, I timed it.  Small price to pay for the instant adoration you get back - that, in turn, makes you feel like more of a man.

Britney, give me a call.  There's some things you need to know about, that, HAD you known about them already, you would not be in the place you are in today.  I'm willing to help.
Bro,
You know me too well. I don't want to turn this one into another long winded reply so I'll try to be conservative. There are women who tend to buy into the NOW (national organization for women) stuff about liberty and progress and all of that for the sake of something to do. They look down on other ladies that "just don't seem driven" choosing to look for a man and start a family. Fine, there is space for every type on this earth, particularly in the US considering our progressive views towards women.
Unfortunately, the chivalry that men in my generation where taught to suppress because of women's lib is all but gone now. Men do not open any doors for the ladies much less open and close car doors for them these days. My mom taught me differently, she showed me to walk on the curbside to protect the lady you are accompanying from splash or the prying eyes of drivers. She taught me to let a woman define her role, that I should not be afraid of washing a dish cooking a meal or ironing my own clothes, contrary to what my father always yelled about.
These days, I try to get the door for my lady(ies). I'll admit that I can be a bit lazy with the housework but I concentrate on bringing home the bacon and cooking a nice meal once in a while. I still do the stuff that gets laughs from some fools like when meeting a nice girl I will take her hand and kiss the back of it when leaving. They may think that I am crazy but they will not forget about it too easily either.
Overall, I have learned to let the girls do the stuff that feels comfortable for them. I take care of the major stressors and heavy lifting, and the girl will meet me halfway with the domestic duties.
Taking a stand not to tolerate drama is done to save me the headache and if a chic ever goes nutty and tries or succeeds in hitting me, she is made to understand very quickly and clearly (without specifics) that it will never happen again. You get tons of respect that way, by "laying down the groundrules" and sticking to them.
Now, anybody go ahead and call me a "chauvanist"

EXACTLY, Projekt! exactly!
thumb_up.gif

My little story about TAKING the keys was with a really close friend who knows me well for about 20 years. I don't do that ALL the time to everybody. but usually with women, I will for the purpose of example setting and paradigm changing

EXACTLY, Projekt!  exactly!    
thumb_up.gif

My little story about TAKING the keys was with a really close friend who knows me well for about 20 years.  I don't do that ALL the time to everybody.  but usually with women, I will for the purpose of example setting and paradigm changing
Maybe it's the key thing that gets me the most, to me thats nothing more then a power play. You can still be chivalrous and treat a woman right while never stepping on any of her freedoms.

well, you had to be there, you have to know me and how I do things. there was nothing powerful or intimidating at all about it. it was simply a good example of a guy taking the reigns

Back