Britney Spears is a stupid B.....

Few of us really want to admit our thoughts on gender roles in a household.
Good for you. More Bronson men need to step up and help the rest of the world realize, like it or not, roles exist and are needed.

To wit: went to lunch with a girl friend of mine today. She has this large F-150 truck and she said, "let's take my truck, it's already warm." I said, "Ok, but I am driving." She handed me the keys and asked why. I told her, "I have this thing about women driving guys around, and am working hard to correct that bad example". She seemed elated to plop down in the passenger seat and said, "You know, I'd love to find a guy that takes the wheel like that. " Just another case of messed up roles. To summerize Mars/Venus books in one sentance: Men are fulfilled when giving/providing, women most fulfilled by receiving/acknoledging. It's a perfect synergy negated by false perception of equality.

I realize "news" is crap, but has anyone seen any positive male role models in these girls lives? Where's Britney's Dad in all this - you know the one she loves, adores, respects and responds to? I've never see ANY decent men around these girls. Quite the oposite usually... some pretty boy hollywood hunk who ALSO lacked the proper father role model to show them how to BE THE MAN for their girls.

I challenge any guy reading this. Next time you and your girl drive someplace, look her in the eye and tell her YOU want to take her there [as the driver]. Many extra points if you open her door for her and close it once she's in. This usually only takes about 15 extra seconds - yes, I timed it. Small price to pay for the instant adoration you get back - that, in turn, makes you feel like more of a man.

Britney, give me a call. There's some things you need to know about, that, HAD you known about them already, you would not be in the place you are in today. I'm willing to help.

Hey, look at that! She spent the day with her DAD! Good. I hate to admit this, but I NEVER follow news...but, after seeing this post I went to CNN to see what is going on this time.

Sad. What a horrible life hers has become. Now, more than ever, she needs REAL men, and maybe some understanding of higher powers to help her out.

I f...again[/url]
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Rubbah you are the man!! Thanks for making this thread worth reading!!!

fart.gif
fart.gif
fart.gif
fart.gif
fart.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

fart.gif

fart.gif

fart.gif

fart.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
she just needs a REAL MAN to set her strait.   so far, seems like she has never even been REMOTELY near one.  muscle shirt wearing, tatoo'ed, wanne be rappers that ACT tough, really aren't.

Poor thing.  I could fix her.  Give me 6 months with her and those other lost brats
Ok I gotta laught at this... It has nothing to do with what type of man they date, it's how they were brought up by their parents that determines who they are now. Seriously what are you going to do, scold her? I have to take my hat off to Federline though, at least he took the kids away from her so they don't suffer. Props to him on that. Oh and Lohan is doing pretty damn good at going clean herself, I gotta give her props for dumping the surfer boyfriend instead of partying it up with him.
you don't think women like an actual strong man putting them in their place?
There's a difference between being strong and being abusive. A real man will merely get fed up with how they act and leave the situation to find a more mature woman. And I'll more then happily challenge any man who thinks their role is to control a woman, or any person for that mater, and I will be the last one standing.

I merely find it impressive how people can ***** about these people saying they have everything, it's nothing more then envy that they have money and you don't. How many times have you bitched about your life? Now take a look around at how many people would kill to have the life that YOU live? As for Lohan drinking, anybody who's been an alcoholic knows it's a constant battle to fight. You don't just say 'I quit' to something thats been natural. You make slip ups, the question is how you handle them afterwards. Hence she's on the way to recovery in my eyes.

Few of us really want to admit our thoughts on gender roles in a household.
Good for you.  More Bronson men need to step up and help the rest of the world realize, like it or not, roles exist and are needed.

To wit:  went to lunch with a girl friend of mine today.  She has this large F-150 truck and she said, "let's take my truck, it's already warm."  I said, "Ok, but I am driving."  She handed me the keys and asked why.  I told her, "I have this thing about women driving guys around, and am working hard to correct that bad example".  She seemed elated to plop down in the passenger seat and said, "You know, I'd love to find a guy that takes the wheel like that.  "  Just another case of messed up roles.  To summerize Mars/Venus books in one sentance:  Men are fulfilled when giving/providing, women most fulfilled by receiving/acknoledging.  It's a perfect synergy negated by false perception of equality.

I realize "news" is crap, but has anyone seen any positive male role models in these girls lives?  Where's Britney's Dad in all this - you know the one she loves, adores, respects and responds to?  I've never see ANY decent men around these girls.  Quite the oposite usually... some pretty boy hollywood hunk who ALSO lacked the proper father role model to show them how to BE THE MAN for their girls.

I challenge any guy reading this.  Next time you and your girl drive someplace, look her in the eye and tell her YOU want to take her there [as the driver].  Many extra points if you open her door for her and close it once she's in.  This usually only takes about 15 extra seconds - yes, I timed it.  Small price to pay for the instant adoration you get back - that, in turn, makes you feel like more of a man.

Britney, give me a call.  There's some things you need to know about, that, HAD you known about them already, you would not be in the place you are in today.  I'm willing to help.
I think it's that mind set that roles are needed that got us where we are today. Any man who questions their self worth when a woman is driving needs a reality check, or at least a long hard look in the mirror. I'll allways offer to drive, but I'll never demand it based off some hyped up gender battle..specially when it aint my vehicle. And opening and closing the door for your woman? Every gentleman should do that naturally.

As for the type of people that live in Hollywood and their parents...well those parents are usually so focused on pushing their kids to be that next 'star' that they forget to allow the kid to be just that. They rob them of a childhood and of learning how to be adults...then they make it. Suddenly you have a teen who has all this pressure of life on their shoulders and no roadmap on how to deal with it. Add in lots of money and you usually find a teen who's drinking, drugging it up, or hitting every party imaginable just to deal with the stress. I don't blaim the kid for that. I blaim the parents.

Bigmanz, check back with me in 20 years and let me know how it's going ;)

No wait. I can't just cop out of this convo with that lame excuse.
biggrin.gif

"A real man will merely get fed up with how they act and leave the situation to find a more mature woman." Really? I'd be interested to know how old you are? Why do you feel a REAL MAN would up and LEAVE when the going got annoying? I'd call that the quintessential example of what is NOT a real man.... if you LOVE someone and are STRONG, you support them, not jump ship. I beleive a "bailing" attitude is selfish, and adding the lack of understanding that roles exist - whether we choose to beleive that or not - is REALLY what has gotten us to where we are today.

There's no questioning my "self worth" going on, merely the correction of the lost roles as I said. I've not offended ONE woman with that tack. 100% have agreed with me and were very suprised and refreshed to hear someone stand up for such a "dated" belief. Try it and you will see. But, maybe it's the women I am around: 21 - 50, college educated, Midwestern, city girls

Yeah, I'm with you RSD. Craig, it's all yours man, have at it. just remember while you're tapping it that Kevin Federline was there first...

Bigmanz, check back with me in 20 years and let me know how it's going     ;)

No wait.  I can't just cop out of this convo with that lame excuse.  
biggrin.gif

"A real man will merely get fed up with how they act and leave the situation to find a more mature woman."  Really?  I'd be interested to know how old you are?  Why do you feel a REAL MAN would up and LEAVE when the going got annoying?  I'd call that the quintessential example of what is NOT a real man....  if you LOVE someone and are STRONG, you support them, not jump ship.  I beleive a "bailing" attitude is selfish, and adding the lack of understanding that roles exist - whether we choose to beleive that or not - is REALLY what has gotten us to where we are today.

There's no questioning my "self worth" going on, merely the correction of the lost roles as I said.  I've not offended ONE woman with that tack.  100% have agreed with me and were very suprised and refreshed to hear someone stand up for such a "dated" belief.  Try it and you will see.  But, maybe it's the women I am around:  21 - 50, college educated, Midwestern, city girls
Ah but what you are talking about isn't about being strong, taking charge, or even putting your foot down. It is not upto us to disiplin a woman to how we 'think' she should act, thats called abuse and if you love somebody you love them for who they are. You don't try to change them into what you want them to be, because if thats the case then you aren't in love you are just lusting...then it's you who is at fault.

Hence, why a real man is going to leave the situation to find a woman that acts like he wants. It's not upto the man of a relationship to dictate how a woman acts as an adult. Thats upto her parents and in essence a failure of her father for being a real man and rolemodel. In that sense you are correct, but from the stand point of it being the boyfriend's duty? Hell no.

As for roles, perhaps the women I hang out with are more independent then the ones you do. I've never been attracted to a woman who follows me or is nothing more then a wall flower. I've allways been attracted to women I see as my equal, who challenge me to keep up and allways have me on my toes. These women have also had some of the strongest morals I've ever seen and I wouldn't want it any other way, I'm not attracted to immaturity. They'll allways love it when I open doors for them, it's the way I was brought up, and when going out I'll allways offer to drive if it's their vehicle we're taking, it's my treat so why should they have to work? but I'll never forget the fact that it's their car. They worked for it and they get the say on who drives it. Simply put, I'm not so full of myself that I can't let her take the wheel every now and then.

Very good points there. Some are the same as mine in different wrappers. All of my women friends are independant also, but with their independance came the loss of guys opening doors, and they don't know why. it's because they ACT independant. I'll still feel the man LEADS the relationship. Maybe not by driving the car ALL the time, but as the leader in most things and the woman appriciates it.

In the case I cited, had she wanted to drive, I would have told here we were taking MY vehicle then. The reason I did that with HER specifically, is because I knew her past [she's independant single mom, head strong, doesn't know why guys don't stick around] and she needed to see a strong willed man to snap her back a bit. It worked. She liked it, didn't even know she was missing it, and needed it. Tough love for her own good. Still, personally, I will continue to insist on driving in attempts to reverse the example set by all the bad examples... and there are a LOT of them and I am only one guy. So I have to fight harder to blaze a path.

For the Britney's and Lindsey's of the world, who apparently did not have strong enough fathers to bring them up right [perhaps a strong independant mom - suffering role reversal, screwed that family up], don't need to suffer. Just need to find the real man to care enough to set them on the proper path. I don't know Federline personally, but the rap life consists of more bling than power, false fronting if you will, so I doubt he had what it takes to make things right for her.

Still, I'd never write off a fellow human. I would help her. With unconditional love and liveable examples. The lost are not dead. Just confused

If you insisted on either driving MY car or taking YOUR car. I'd tell you I'd meet you there. I don't need a man to coddle me, or make me feel "taken care of". I DO like a man that supports me and makes me feel loved. BIG difference.

And a marriage is made of comprimises. Who does the bill paying more responsibly? THAT's the person who should do it. Who cooks better and likes to cook? Then THAT's the person who should cook most of the time. Who knows more about vehicles? Then THAT's who should make the final decision on which one to buy.

Don't give me this "Take care of the woman" crap. Now if you want to emotionally SUPPORT a woman... that's a different story.

And I DO agree that if a person loves another person, they will go through "almost" anything to keep that person close to them. There should not be a "giving up". But of course there ARE self rated deal breakers.

But men THRIVE off of taking care of a women. Equally and as much as women enjoy the attention and adoration. Why would want to PURPOSELY circumvent that? This is not JUST ME saying that. Many very well known, very popular, very time proven books pretty much PROVE that over and over. To take away that which a man does [or should be doing] is called 'emasculation'. It's not a positive thing.

OBVIOUSLY, I'm not taking about propping you up on a silk pillow pedistol, feeding you grapes all day and jumping at your every command, I'm just taking about being a man, respecting AND APPRICIATING all women and showing it.

HOMEWORK: while your man drives you around [jab!] this week, pay very close attention to other drivers on the roads. Speciaifcally look for cars where a woman/girl is driving and the guy is riding. notice the expressions of them... try to empathize with what they are displaying. MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, what I see is a guy kicked back like he has this little slave hauling his lazy butt around - like the pimp - like a "Man's man" in control of his woman.... which is nothing further from the truth... because the woman is not smiling, she's watchign traffic, looks a little tragic, someitmes even hunched forward over the wheel like she has to do this driving task once again. I'm not saying EVERYONE is like that, but more often then not, that is what I see. Maybe it's an Iowa thing. See what you see.

"I don't need a man to coddle me, or make me feel "taken care of"." I have heard that exact line from ALL my female friends... until they've had a few too many, then their truth comes out.
smile.gif
I'm not kidding here

Maybe our ideas of "taking care of" are different.

I'm thinking "taking care of" is washing my car all the time (and I reply - KNOCK IT OFF, I can wash my own car!), Filling up the gas tank (reply- I GOT it), Serving me dinner (I can get my own food)...etc.

Now if he did that ONCE IN A WHILE, that's awesome. But to make me feel stupid, lazy, ignorant, dependant. Forget it. I'm can take care of myself. I'm independant, and I like "man" things.. sports, motorcycles, poker, football, gizmos and gadgets, etc. But I'm also a woman, and I like to be loved and appreciated and slightly spoiled.

But don't make me feel ignorant or dependant.

"But I'm also a woman, and I like to be loved and appreciated and slightly spoiled." THERE ya go.
smile.gif

I DO know what you mean

Anyone have any better ideas to FIX Brittney and Lohan and those others?

Maybe our ideas of "taking care of" are different.

I'm thinking "taking care of" is washing my car all the time (and I reply - KNOCK IT OFF, I can wash my own car!), Filling up the gas tank (reply- I GOT it), Serving me dinner (I can get my own food)...etc.

Now if he did that ONCE IN A WHILE, that's awesome. But to make me feel stupid, lazy, ignorant, dependant. Forget it. I'm can take care of myself. I'm independant, and I like "man" things.. sports, motorcycles, poker, football, gizmos and gadgets, etc. But I'm also a woman, and I like to be loved and appreciated and slightly spoiled.

But don't make me feel ignorant or dependant.
This is where I am coming from. Perhaps some things are being lost with communications...I'll just say I'm right and you are wrong. How's that WWJD?
biggrin.gif

Like Ladyhawk said, relationships are compromise. It's one thing to be a gentleman around your woman and to treat her special, it's another to be a control freak. Personally, I'll allways do the things that earn me kudo points.

As for your question about, WWJD, about Brit and Lohan. I still feel that Lohan is on the way to recovery. She's done allot of stupid things but everybody has at one point in their life but the point is she's trying. People might not agree with her love life, but thats her decision not mine...but she's trying to kick her alcohol and drug habits which is good. After rehab she didn't go partying with her boyfriend...and then she dumped his immature ass. All good signs. A slip at new years, but honestly I don't want to know what kind of hell new years is to an alcoholic trying to quit.
Brit on the other hand...I'm waiting for her to swallow a barrel. I'm to the point now that I think there is something mentally wrong with that girl. There was a news article awhile back about the situation and I found it interesting how Federline went from being this loser husband to suddenly being an incredible father. Guess some people in the Hollywood scene can change...he might be immature and spoiled, possibly a leach, but at least he's being an adult where it counts and taking care of the kids properly.

Treating her special ALL THE TIME is very different than being a control freak. Being a MAN is also different from being a control freak. Control freaks have issues, but treating a woman special doesn't mean someone has issues and is a control freak. Not sure where the control freak idea cropped up... modern woman's interpretation of man trying to be nice perhaps? Kinda the same way that sending flowers secretly, romantically, has become "stalking"? It's also possible that modern people are weened on a particular lifestyle that makes it near impossible to see or comprehend different ways of existence. Some women I've met were so ingrained the WRONG way they were unable to cope with said nicer ways and had to run back to their dysfunctionality to feel normal again. There might be a name for that since abused children act the same way. And I've dated bi-polars and they relented to preferring their paid therapy over my love - that doesn't mean I was wrong. Actually, quite the contrary. Weird extesion of that, after my research of "Bi-polar", I feel strong men could alieviate that also. but that's in another topic ;)

BTW I do enjoy these types of conversations. Always fun tossing ideas and concepts around with total strangers to see what comes out of it.
smile.gif

I think we are basically on the same page with the exception of my example of insisting on driving, which doesn't make me a control freak and, FOR ME, has done exactly what I wanted it to: set an example in some women's mind that there are still nice guys out there that are WILLING to treat women nicely. As well as a live, public example of the same - in contrast to the pimp/ho, master/slave, roles revered examples I see in the world all the time.

It's too bad the ONLY things we hear out of Hollywood are the BAD examples. There have to be TONS of decent couples, making it work.... but a train on the tracks doesn't make the news, a TRAIN WRECK does. Nice.

Back