Best price on a NEW GEN II

(metalgear454 @ Sep. 23 2007,08:28) I  think we have a misunderstanding what  point I was trying to make here.
Here in the tristate area, dealers are notorious for a great price and when you sit down with them they try to explain that there is this bogus freight and setup fee / documentation fees.
For instance, a dealer in my area who advertises great prices tries to add 890.00 for the freight and setup alone. I've also seen this in other states on E-Bay and it ranges from nothing to several hundred dollars.
SO when we see an OTD price it should reflect everything that the selling dealer is expecting less tax and DMV since that is respective to each state. Do you still disagree?
beerchug.gif

Spot on....... The prices reflected here should be just that! There are NO additional fees, no set-up, prep, undercoating or the likes. Just show me the bike I got the money as shown.

Its real swell that the two of you have agreed to disagree but your still both out to lunch
tounge.gif

Many states don't give the dealer a choice in regards to the collection of sales tax and registration fees, the customer will pay them or the vehicle doesn't leave the lot.......otd for us is not what you describe
wink.gif

Let me make it as clear as possible. If you post a price on this forum, please EXPLAIN what it consists of. OK cosmo, now I'll go finish my lunch with the Da Bug. LOL

(cosmo @ Sep. 23 2007,09:17) Its real swell that the two of you have agreed to disagree but your still both out to lunch  
tounge.gif

Many states don't give the dealer a choice in regards to the collection of sales tax and registration fees, the customer will pay them or the vehicle doesn't leave the lot.......otd for us is not what you describe  
wink.gif
Must be a West Coast thing because I've bought vehicles from seven different states and not once paid for sales tax or license fees through ANY dealer.

Since I'm military, I just register everything in Oregon which has ZERO sales tax.  So out the door for me means NO TAX...
wink.gif

It's just best to have people post the break down of the price.

Bike = $x,xxx.xx
Tax = $ xxx.xx
Any other fees = $xxx.xx

Total Out The Door = $xx,xxx.xx

It's the only way to clear things up regardless of your area....  
cool.gif

wink.gif

Good to see you all have it right now
laugh.gif

FYI: You can't buy an out of state bike and bring it into CA in brand new condition, it must have more than 7500 miles on the odo. Smog/CARB/CAL-EPA is a whole other problem.

That's why Cali sucks donkey and I'll NEVER move there.  What a joke, who voted that CRAP in...
sad.gif

That's why Cali sucks donkey and I'll NEVER move there.[/Quote]
35,000,000 Americans, and several million Mexicans, would like to get that in writing please.

AZ is one of the states that OTD means tax, title and license fees included, as you must pay these if you plan on driving away with any vehicle from a dealership.
So this leads me to believe that if an 07 can be bought out here for $10k OTD, then the 08 should be another $800 on top of that. That is if the dealer will let you have it at cost. Our tax is 8% here.
So figure TTL is 11% on top of the bikes price, plus set-up fees, this should put the 07 around $8,500 to $8,700. Thus the 08 is $700.00 more than the 07 was, putting it at dealer invoice of $9,200 to $9,400. Whatever they want to bang you for on top of that will be your loss.

I contacted Honda East. They were 11,400 otd. And they would only give me 7000 for my 07 1000.
argue.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

WTF is that. A bike doesn't loose over 25% in a year. I can get a better deal  then that.

If I can get 5 people to commit (myself included) I can get them for $200 over cost + tax. This is at a dealership just east of Cleveland,Ohio. If anyone is interrested let me know.

Btw this is my bike with 2800 miles on it.

K7.jpg

I just went to another dealer near me. I can do the same deal as the one I just said with 4 people and they will give me $8500 for mine.

Cool! Just let me know...
cool.gif

No rush if the dealer doesn't have any in stock. I can wait until Mar/Apr if I have to as long as they give me the deal in writing now. Let me know if they need a $100 to lock in or something.

What exactly are they quoting you for cost on them?

$10,399 OTD at Bartlesville Cycle Sports in OK. There is a $12 fee they add for titles or something. I've bought one of my bikes there and the other at Tulsa.

Back