Warning about a fellow member......

I agree with pure ego.  He's going to get a bad reputation around here.  Kinda like Kerberos did back in the day...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
Kerberos...

HA!!! What a tool.

That guy aggravated me more than anybody on this site ever has... hell... add up everybody that aggravates me and multiply it by 10 and you still ain't half way there.

signed under protest pursuant to law 34957783.958 under the whogivesacrap proclimation for the state of idontliveonthesameplanetastherestofyou.

I sympathize with stkr but I have a problem with making private messages public. After all, they are just that - private.
Not that it is any of my business or anything.
I agree that they are private, and that's why i removed all of the phone numbers, BUT...

When he cost me $200+ in gas, plus the wear on my vehicle, and the time I've spent trying to help him, only to be screwed over, then all bets were off.

I posted the PM's, because there are statements in them that show his intent to purchase. Like this one:
I lost your phone # or you can give me a call if you get the chance.

John
<span style='color:red'>I have a cashiers check ready.</span>[/QUOTE]

Without the timeline, and info, this would be like making an accusation without backing it up with evidence. I wanted the board members to be able to make their own decision about John based on the facts, and not just on my word.

Here's another tid-bit of info. In vrsca2003's profile he has his signature showing a 2005 GMC Sierra Crewcab Z71. How many brand new trucks do you know of that have their engines locking up?

I gave John plenty of time to make good on his stated intentions before posting this. All he ever had to do was call me. Even if it was just to back out of the deal.

Maybe he is too embaressed to step to the plate and account for his actions, for whatever reason. First though being since you have had all these conversations about this and that where to meet and all the changes, Not hearing from him why would you take off and go to KY. Personally I would have been leary about going without first making contact and that we both acknowleged and was both in route. Sounds like communication was a major issue, sorry for the inconvience bro...wisdom in the mutliple of counsel would have been better...
wink.gif

This story is all to familiar. Vrsca2003 purchased an Akrapovic exhaust from me on ebay. Well I should say that he was the winning bidder but I left message after message, email after email and he never returned my messages. After about a week or so I re-listed and sold to another bidder. Then all of a sudden out of the clear blue sky he emails me with a mother-load of excuses as to why he had been missing in action. Truly a toolbag.... JMHO. STAY AWAY.

Its unfortunate that a reliable "heart on your hand" guy like you seem to be had to deal with such a punk...

I dont know many people who would have gone through that much trouble, even if the dude was from the board.

Sorry and hopefully you'll be able to close a deal with someone soon, with less hassle!

evil.gif

Nope...not yet. Called him again today, but just went to voice mail. Paged him also, and no call back.
rock.gif

Stkr...... Don't bother trying to communicate with him via phone........he is not worth it. You're wasting your time. List the bike elsewhere, Live and Learn. Hope it works out.

Let it go bro...its eating at you and it will affect you...dont waste your thoughts nor your time.....its just says more about him then it says about you....good luck in the future and remember there is wisdom in the multitude of counsel...take care...
biggrin.gif

Stkr: I really hate that this happened to ya man! As I said in my PM to you, my dealings with John (when I bought his 05 Busa) were very straight-up. He even followed up as promised and mailed me the 05 Busa owner's manual. I have had no other dealings with him since. I don't know what happened with him. Best to just move on.

Take care,

P.

I kept reading through this read hoping that it would have been resolved, but to no avail, I guess. Sorry to hear it, stkr00! Hopefully the bike will sell at a higher price that he offered and at least take care of part of the problem.

I agree with pure ego.  He's going to get a bad reputation around here.  Kinda like Kerberos did back in the day...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
Kerberos...

HA!!!  What a tool.

That guy aggravated me more than anybody on this site ever has... hell... add up everybody that aggravates me and multiply it by 10 and you still ain't half way there.

signed under protest pursuant to law 34957783.958 under the whogivesacrap proclimation for the state of idontliveonthesameplanetastherestofyou.
LOL!!! well said dude. He's probably in jail by now!

Who the hell dug this up
laugh.gif

I was hoping to hear from him, but haven't, and if I had received a voice mail like the last one I left him, I would sure as hell be calling back.
wink.gif

On a good note...I think the Busa is sold. To a guy only 60 miles away and is willing to come pick it up. He's waiting on the check from the bank, after he got the bike info he needed. Supposedly, he's already approved. The amount was a decent price too, but not what I was asking.

No amount of profit made on the Busa will ever help to change how I feel about John, and how I allowed myself to be screwed over by him. Someone down the line will give him what he deserves.

Stkr: I really hate that this happened to ya man! As I said in my PM to you, my dealings with John (when I bought his 05 Busa) were very straight-up. He even followed up as promised and mailed me the 05 Busa owner's manual. I have had no other dealings with him since. I don't know what happened with him. Best to just move on.

Take care,

P.
I don't doubt your honesty there Postal. I guess something changed him, and now this is the way he's going to live his life.

No sweat Postal...Thanks for trying to help
cool.gif

glad to know that it's finally going to be resolved.
biggrin.gif

Must be a weight off your shoulders, stkr...

Yup...big weight off, although I will definitley miss the Busa
sad.gif

Oh, the track is going to be soooo much fun though
cool.gif

I was real lucky in buying my bike here from Eric. Seems he was about as stand-up a guy as I had met here on the org. Glad that there are people here that can be trusted though. Makes being part of it all that much more fun!

Back