Busa Funny

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
So at lunch I meet one of my friends in front of this store where he just bought some portable gps gismo for use in his sports car. I said to him let me take that thing up to 160 – 170 and test it out. He says when. And I tell him right now.
“where?â€
“Right here.â€
“Huh?â€
“See that light down there (about ½ mile away – nice road no entrances water/swamp on both sides) – I’ll run down there and backâ€.
“HUH?â€
“I’ll run down that way and get the reading an come right backâ€
“How farâ€
“Down to that lightâ€
“Your saying that you’ll get a 170 mph reading before that light and come right backâ€
“Yepâ€
“No fudgin wayâ€
At this point I take it and I’m off. Pretty good launch easily peg the speedo before the light (that only changes if a car is leaving a deserted park) go slightly pass the light and turn around.
“Let me seeâ€
I hand it over (less than two minutes from when I took it).
“174 - damn I have to get me a Busa."
Another believer is born everyday…..

Nice!
thumbs-up.gif

Excellent story.  I would of like to seen your friends expression when you handed his GPS back.  

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079640359 -->

nice....very nice! Someday I'll find somewhere to go that fast....without hitting a car in the process...
wow.gif

other than the fact it was prolly more like a mile away.... it still kicks ass!!!
laugh.gif

that is greatness. Gota love the busa. Quick question, how do you get a gps to store top speeds like that? I dont know how to do it on mine and I realy want to.

that is greatness. Gota love the busa. Quick question, how do you get a gps to store top speeds like that? I dont know how to do it on mine and I realy want to.
His was a Garmin (sp?) it had a screen where top speed was one of the things it held - not sure what all he did before he handed it to me  
smile.gif
 I know someone else who bought one of those new timex watches - I'll going to check with him soon on how that works out because that seems like that route I'd go if it works.

fstbusa - maybe 7/10?  who knows your probably right about it being closer to a mile - My friend was more impressed with the fact that it was "between stop lights"  
biggrin.gif

I know nothing.  Would this work for top speed runs?
Radio Shlock GPS
It's really small.... shirt pocket sized

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079705966 -->

Back