Beat the Heat! Cooling Vest!

UPDATE: Yesterday afternoon I needed to ride my Gixxer 1K up to the dealer to tweak something, it's over 100 with heat factor over 105. Put my gear on (leather pants, boots and mesh jacket) and went out to the freezer to pull my frozen liner out. It was frozen stiff, so I had to spend a minute or two loosening it up to put it on. Just about got freezer burn for about the first 15 minutes! I was comfy didn't even need to lift my visor at the stop lights....after about 20 minute ride the ice was gone, but the liner was still keeping me cool. Half hour at the dealer still geared up, and another 20 minutes back home, mostly entire time outside, and I was still semi-comfy. Made HUGE difference!:thumbsup:

Last test is in 2 weeks trackday in my race leathers. Won't be able to freeze it, but am going to soak it in ice water in my ice chest and put on before every session.

Dawn, wear a dark t-shirt under it because it does make my shirt damp...and unless you want a spontaneous wet t-shirt contest....:cheerleader:

Dawn, wear a dark t-shirt under it because it does make my shirt damp...and unless you want a spontaneous wet t-shirt contest....:cheerleader:

LOL I wasn't thinking of me but thanks for looking out for me.

Will we see you in Sept. at Barber?

I love my cooling vest. In temps above 95*F the vest works wonders helping to cool one off. Before I leave on a ride in the early mornings, I soak the vest in tap water and place it in a ziplock bag, then put the vest in my tank bag. When the temps rise I put the vest on and enjoy the cooling effect that the vest provides. Well worth the price.

They also have cooling collars that are basically a gel in a tube that u refridgerate and put around your neck...I also get a wet bandana and flop that on before the helmet goes on...with a cool wet vest and my kevlar mesh jacket...i stay cool

Back