Cool Vests...I think I scored.....

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, this is for all the New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, and Nevada riders...the rest of ya's can just sweat it out....
laugh.gif

I've been running a motoboss style wet vest for the last three years....the problem is...if you wear it daily it tends to lose it's ability to rejuvenate thus requiring a yearly investment of $20-$40......SO..I started searching what the europe riders wear in hotter climes and stumbled acros a "Miracool" Vest made by Occumonix.

Now, a while back, I scored on a wet neck scarf (looks like a bandana American Flag) that keeps the neck cool and the blood to the head cool also. It swells when soaked, and reduces as exposed to wind, or air. Well the darn thing won't dry out, and yet resists that funky stank that comes with day-in and day-out usage. This thing has been hung up in a 100 degree garage over night, and still has dampness in the morning....I thought "The Spud could use a vest made with THIS stuff"
super.gif
........and oddly enough I happened on this vest which is made for construction, DOT, and any other outdoor vocation as a body-temperature regulating system....the crystals do the absorption thing, and release the moisture through evaporation like the Rocket, Marsee, and Motoboss vests, but with more volume.......and longer lasting results...

So I ordered one for a whopping $28.95 + shipping. Should be here in a few days, and if this "is" made of what I think it's made of......I may have the sweet Summer survival tool for all of us that ride year round, and yet, get into some serious triple-digit riding as our year turns.....I'll keep you guys posted on the results.....
coolold.gif

Just out of curiousity, has anyone come across a Miracool Vest
rock.gif
?....

I have just used the same wet vest. It does lose its ability to retain water over time.
Keep us posted.

I also said "Swollen"......
super.gif

Instead of a micro-layer soaked, and evaporating...you have ribs of this gel-like polymer....slowly releasing, continously.......

a_vest_copy.jpg

I'll bump this thread as soon as it arrives, and I've submerged this thing for ten minutes.....I got the bandana thingy at my local cyclegear, the owner and I were talking and he kept "raving" about this one bandana......yes, this sucker ROCKS !!!! So, if the vest works like the bandana....we desert rats are about to make the score O-R-G Desert Rats: 1, Summer Nuclear Heat: 0.......and that's the game sportsfans....
super.gif

PS, and at $28, it's a steal compared to the other items.......
coolold.gif

We have the bandanas free where I work. I don't think you are suposed to reuse them.

No-no....the bandana I'm talking about is fully rejuvenable....
coolold.gif
It has two rows of the material, and it's marketed as a neck-wrap...I'm just using the word "bandana" for a visual..... it's awesome......

No-no....the bandana I'm talking about is fully rejuvenable....
coolold.gif
 It has two rows of the material, and it's marketed as a neck-wrap...I'm just using the word "bandana" for a visual..... it's awesome......
Thats what we have. I trash mine after every use. If I think about it i'll grab a bunch if anyone wants some.

Okay it won't let me edit my original post but

O-R-G Desert Rats: 1 Summer Nuclear Heat: 0
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

Got my Cool Vest in yesterday, so I plucked it out of the box, and immersed in water. THIS "IS" THE SH!D !!!! I repeat, "THIS IS THE SH!D !!!!"..... for $28.95 you can have a wet vest that stays wet continuously for two day stretches. Now that doesn't mean you don't want to re-soak it at the start of each day, but this thing "will" stay wet "all day".....I soaked it yesterday at noon, and I wore it last night while I was flushing my God Father's cooling system on his caddy. I pulled a cotton long-sleeve shirt on over it, and spent six or seven hours disassembling / reassembling the cooling system in a 90 degree garage with it on..... it's STILL wet......
super.gif

Thank you OccuMonix for an affordable alternative to the over-priced items found in most moto stores that need replacing once a year.....Now all you O-R-G Desert Rats get online, and spend $28.95 for one of these suckers....you won't be disappointed !!!! As for the restof ya's, you'll just have to sweat it out......
coolold.gif

PS If you only use it once in a while, that's fine, but if you ride everyday, through the Summer
rock.gif
?.....This is the "SH!D".......

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

"My bad..."..."again.."  
coolold.gif

The place is called.... Enviro Safety Products, up in Visalia......I just wanted to make sure that this "is" what I think it is.....
super.gif

Hang on..... http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/product/MiraCool-Cooling-Vest.html

They're a licensed Miracool distributor, as Occumonix is a euro-company......

"That's better...."
super.gif
The problem is the make only regular and Xlarge only. I am big weight lifter and all my shirts are XXLarge. I guess only you pencil neck geeks can get these and wear them
poke.gif

super.gif

The Vest has side straps that adjust, the XL will get you in the neighborhood, and then you can adjust the side straps for custom tailoring...The side straps are good for another 8" (at least) on each side..."You're still in there my Bruddah !!!"
super.gif
The basic goes up to 46", or 48" chests, that counts me in at 42", but for you, the XL goes "up" from there and you want one of these.....I've been out all day in mine, I've even stopped unzipping my mesh, I just leave everything on short of the helmet, "it's STILL wet.....
coolold.gif
"We" scored !!!!

Back