Babuski implodes at Chicago Garmin Store...

babuski

Donating Member
Registered
Perhaps you folks have heard of the Garmin Store opening on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. If you know about whats in the window...just skip this....

okay...I'm walking down Michigan ave the other day. And I stop at the Garmin store and as I walk in I notice this big fat black ZX 14 in the window. I immediately go to the manager and say....hey....what the hell are you doing with a freaking zx 14 in the window. Are you nuts? Do you know how many Hayabusa customers you have just pissed off? They support you big time. This zx14 hasn't been out a year and hasn't given you the GPS sales that the busa has....WTF? Are you NUTs? Do you like pissing off thousands of loyal customers? He finally says...are you finished? I said yes I am. Then he points to this poster (i did not see it when I walked in) which has a shot of Jay Leno with his zx 14 and his testimonial advertising spiel on it. He said the 20,000 busa customers are valued customers.....but Jay Leno's ad has a little more pull...at least that;s what the marketing people say.

Then I lost it and told him that his target is NOT Jay leno's fans...but hardcore sportbikers and the penetration of the zx 14 is ZERO compared to the might busa.....

I finally had to smile...the bike looks better in person than in a picture.....anyways I had to defend our honor.

But I think Garmin should have had the busa....but .....

Did you all know Jay Leno has a 14? I know he owns a zillion vehicles and is a motorcycle fanatic too.

I new that Leno had the Y2K bike but not a 14..... We need to pull the pic of leno with a hayabusa.org shirt that we have and send it to him and ask why he switched!!!!!!

Babuski glad to see you around again... I've missed your input.

CAp

(captain @ Dec. 29 2006,15:56) I new that Leno had the Y2K bike but not a 14..... We need to pull the pic of leno with a hayabusa.org shirt that we have and send it to him and ask why he switched!!!!!!

Babuski glad to see you around again... I've missed your input.

CAp
Cap, I agree,  And, in fact, we should send him a nice, long-sleeve .Org shirt ... and I'll pay for that one!

Babuski--I used to live in Rockford; the company's office was in Schaumburg.  Great part of the country.

Cap....thanks....been traveling a lot for work and tending to family health issues.....plus I was locked out of the site for several weeks...but VA took care of me as she always does.

bonuses will be coming in a few weeks and perhaps I will be able to make another donation to the forum as its been a huge source of great information for me (as well as laughs)

Now....about this Leno thing....

guns.gif
firedevil.gif

Back