Zx-14 a busa beater?

I don't care if it has 500 hp and does a 7.0 qtr out of the box. It's a kawa, and an ugly one at that......+1 to NJ. This is a busa board and no kawa will ever have the cult following the busa does. Say "hayabusa" in a crowd, everyone will know what you're talking about, it's universal. Say zx10, 12, 14.....people say, a what? King status has more to do with then just speed.....

I don't care if it has 500 hp and does a 7.0 qtr out of the box. It's a kawa, and an ugly one at that......+1 to NJ. This is a busa board and no kawa will ever have the cult following the busa does. Say "hayabusa" in a crowd, everyone will know what you're talking about, it's universal. Say zx10, 12, 14.....people say, a what? King status has more to do with then just speed.....
beerchug.gif
BRA - FREAKIN' - VO!!!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

150px-Wheres_the_beef_commercial.jpg

If Kawi had been able to put some real meat into the 14 maybe it's ribs wouldn't be showing!
laugh.gif

Well from what I hear, the ZX-14s will be shipping to dealers next week. Is the Busa's reign as King nearing its end? Don't know but I can tell you the two custom ZX-14 created by ROARING TOYZ (http://www.roaringtoyz.com) for the Kawasaki guys where a hit in Daytona. Two custom bikes with 300 & 240 Chrome Extended Swingarms and tons of Chrome Billet Parts sitting in a manufacturers tent (with their blessing)... only in America.
sorry, trollariffic shorttimer, gonna take 7 years of CONSISTANT DOMINATION for anything to dethrown the busa

I now gladly except ANY challenges [in my area] from shiney new ZX-13.5 owners for Dragstrip and road course track riding against my totally factory bone stock 03 Hayabusa

The bikes have too much busy stuff going on in the looks dept. Too many headlights, too much grill crap on the side. Even when they're paited up and chromed they still look off to me. To me the Busa is much more refined looking and looks way better when tricked out. The ZX-14 lloks to me like a bike Ronco would make, maybe the BEDAZZLER 14. Of course, I'm a Busa owner on a Busa site so what would you expect.
First year everybodies gonna' have to have one. Second year will be a different story. They'll have to totally kick ass to dominate, and from what I have seen so far the jury is still out. We've got regular guys running low 9's on almost stock Busa's. It's been happening for years. The ZX-14 has afew videod runs that may or may not have been with lightly modded bikes and were certainly not piloted by newbies. You never know how a hot bike, ridden by pro riders, will do in the hands of the masses. I have a 160hp turbo 750. I took it to the track and ran times all over the place. The stock time on the bike was 10.7. My bike has 70 more rwhp than it did when stock, yet my best time ever was 11.00? The thing is a ##### to launch. WIll the average ZX-14 owner struggle to post the same times they saw in the videos? Will the ZX-14 be easy to launch? Will it hold up? I think the first year will make or break the bike regaring it's 'dominance'. Either way, Suzuki will respond, and if the insurance industry doesn't get in the way it looks like the cease fire is over.

So I guess you've never heard of a "Kawasaki Ninja", the name that ushered in the sportbike craze and still remains to this day, the ZX6/10/12/14 is just a way to differentiate between the Ninja model line. I would venture to say more people have heard of a Ninja than a Hayabusa, and those that have not heard of a Hayabusa would be the type to ask you "Hey is that Ninja?"

Moot point though, the Kawasaki sportbikes will NEVER have the build quality or durability as the rest of the manufacturers, their aluminum is some of the worst quality I have ever seen. Just about the easiest bikes to rip out studs or strip bolt holes, but they do have some of the highest brand recognition ever.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143416956 -->

I was there this year with my busa and a few more. The 300 single sided 300 fairy bike (pink)  2000 Joker tl1000R  which wrecked march 11  .. anyways I was listening to a dude from roaring toyz talking about the green 14, some guy was eating his line of crap up. The guy was saying how roaring toyz dont like to take away from the rideability of the bike by lowering it and streching it .. hmmmm ive been around a lot of customized bikes and I spoke up and said"" hey dude why are you lying to this guy I can see that the bike is streched and look at the forks  lowered about 2-3 inches"" he was speachless I'm not knocking the Kaw bikes they actually looked good (customized)  but hell they were now 40-50 K bikes  far from stock long story short me and the dude talked .. no reason to lye to people to make your product look better I wont buy from  them anymore.

<!--EDIT|badassbusa02
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144903747 -->

Here's a thought ....

would suzuki "beef" up the bus if no one ever "competed" against it ? .... So when the next "beefed up" bus arrives in 2007 or 2008 we can thank Kawajunki for the the bigger and better BUS.

Just my .02

Comes down to the rider again, but Suzuki will responded in 07 for sure, this is most likely what they have been waiting for!

Back