AR enthusiasts......What do you think of DPMS lowers?

soooooooo where do we start if intrested in those too?

With the AK platform there has been a lot of US parts thrown in to them lately that many people are not happy with. One of the biggest is the US barrels are sometimes on the crappy side(not chrome lined and some have keyhole problems) Other wise you can't go wrong. If you like power get the 47 version and if you like less recoil go with the 74 version (5.45x39) and there are some that fire the .223/556, 308,410,20,12guage and 7.62x54r.

there was a web site i caught week or so back that had a great flash to let you pick and choose what your gun would look like with certain accessorys or builds. but just cant remember the site

nvm found it http://www.ar15builder.com/

Last edited:
put in ya input... how bout the arpartskits.com uppers...any input useing these?

put in ya input... how bout the arpartskits.com uppers...any input useing these?

Just ordered the entire upper kit from the Blackthorne link I put in earlier...should be here tomorrow...let you know soon

I think it's the same as you mentioned...opens up to arpartskits, maybe

With the AK platform there has been a lot of US parts thrown in to them lately that many people are not happy with. One of the biggest is the US barrels are sometimes on the crappy side(not chrome lined and some have keyhole problems) Other wise you can't go wrong. If you like power get the 47 version and if you like less recoil go with the 74 version (5.45x39) and there are some that fire the .223/556, 308,410,20,12guage and 7.62x54r.

As long as you dont go with Century arms.. most are parst kits put together by the store and then sold.... so its difficult to avoid us parts, but many are Tapco so its hit or miss. I got a saiga 74 i had redone in 223 rem, and also a 47 in 7.62...couldnt be happier:thumbsup:

ok 223 5.56 7.62 6.8 chrome no chrome... help a uneducated brother out here i want 16" (dont feel like playing with the rules untill im a bit more comfirtable with building) want the adjustable stock and well...i guess i am not sure wich is a good kit the 409 (sold out) 429 or the 489 kit. forgive me never was in the military and a bit rusty on these guns

Last edited:
I would personally go with Magpulls , thats what we use in the office (a combination )....all good calibers, it all depends on the load...223 rem/5.56 more available, 7.62 less now with the ammo being scarce(reloading now a days good idea..)Chrome lined if able, but more expensive...chrome lining is twice as hard as the regular steel or chrome moly barrel, longetivity, but with a slight drop in acurracy in comparison to a similar barrel say in chrome moly or SS, unnoticeable by most shooters..unless you do very accurate range target shooting, longer life expectancy. Easier to clean too.

Last edited:
Right now the cheapest and most plentiful(at the current moment) rifle ammo is the 5.45x39 Russian poison dart. The only catch is the cheaper ammo is corrosive which is not a problem in AK rifle because they are easier to clean. You can get over 2k rounds for $250. That's half what most other calibers run and some cases even less!

ok 223 5.56 7.62 6.8 chrome no chrome... help a uneducated brother out here i want 16" (dont feel like playing with the rules untill im a bit more comfirtable with building) want the adjustable stock and well...i guess i am not sure wich is a good kit the 409 (sold out) 429 or the 489 kit. forgive me never was in the military and a bit rusty on these guns

5.56 = 223 is usually your standard AR caliber and a pretty cheap way to go ammo wise...6.8 will break your wallet, a little bit on the rare side (less stocked round) and very expensive on the comparison...7.62 is an awsum round as most AK users well know, and a very cheap round to purchase

Right now the cheapest and most plentiful(at the current moment) rifle ammo is the 5.45x39 Russian poison dart. The only catch is the cheaper ammo is corrosive which is not a problem in AK rifle because they are easier to clean. You can get over 2k rounds for $250. That's half what most other calibers run and some cases even less!

Can you give a linky to this ammo~?~

Might not be the best ammo to shoot, or for wear on your rifle but...
2000 rounds for $250, WoW

5.56 = 223 is usually your standard AR caliber and a pretty cheap way to go ammo wise...6.8 will break your wallet, a little bit on the rare side (less stocked round) and very expensive on the comparison...7.62 is an awsum round as most AK users well know, and a very cheap round to purchase

Can you give a linky to this ammo~?~

Might not be the best ammo to shoot, or for wear on your rifle but...
2000 rounds for $250, WoW
......................ughhhhhh........

LINKY:rulez: please :thumbsup:

Thx for breaking MY wallet now..:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
They are actually $289.44 now at J&G Sales for 2,160rds which comes in two 1,080rd sealed tins(spam cans) with opener. These tins last for many years and it is said that you can bury them in the ground and dig them up years later and the ammo will still be fresh. I used to frequent them when I was in Arizona. They are in Prescott, AZ tel: 928-445-9650. That is still about right because 160rds over 2,000 is about what $39 more for 160rds. Wow! Now I am thinking of getting me some and looking for an AK 74 down the road sometime.

I thought the difference between manufactures were some catered military and law enforcement needs and others catered to the civilian interest. When a rifle is considered Mil-Spec it is with tight tolerances and are very close in spec from rifle to rifle meaning parts from one rifle with most likely fit another from the same maker with no problems where the civilian market allows for more loose tolerances and things fit a little loosely. Case in point the mag well on some S&W M&P AR15s will not accept MagPul magazines with out modifications. Have a buddy with one that had that exact problem and he found other owners with similar problems although there were some who did not have that problem.

I was told you can't mix and match colt. Colt is expensive, my bushwacker workd fine. That is if I had one gov agents :whistle:

They are actually $289.44 now at J&G Sales for 2,160rds which comes in two 1,080rd sealed tins(spam cans) with opener. These tins last for many years and it is said that you can bury them in the ground and dig them up years later and the ammo will still be fresh. I used to frequent them when I was in Arizona. They are in Prescott, AZ tel: 928-445-9650. That is still about right because 160rds over 2,000 is about what $39 more for 160rds. Wow! Now I am thinking of getting me some and looking for an AK 74 down the road sometime.

Dude my wifes so gonna kick my ass :laugh::laugh::laugh: ill tell her its for when the riots start due to the bad economy :laugh:

Thanks for the links~!~

Back