A rebuild process

@Sincere876 . . . So what's the plan? Race it or road bike?
How hard is it to get it registered for road use again, in the USA?
Hi Kiwi Rider. In Mass. It was easy just buy it fix it . Now you need all of the slips for the parts you bought, if it is a fender hood door you need the Vin number of the car that they came from. After it is fixed you take it to get the paper work inspected and they look at the car to see it is fixed. You pay them $100.00 and that is it. I have bought many Vetts that were totaled most were stolen. If it was gone 30 days it is payed off to the owner. then it is totaled.

Hi Kiwi Rider. In Mass. It was easy just buy it fix it . Now you need all of the slips for the parts you bought, if it is a fender hood door you need the Vin number of the car that they came from. After it is fixed you take it to get the paper work inspected and they look at the car to see it is fixed. You pay them $100.00 and that is it. I have bought many Vetts that were totaled most were stolen. If it was gone 30 days it is payed off to the owner. then it is totaled.
The rest of what I was saying. Put in a new key switch car back on the road.

The wondering rubber grommets that are used when attaching the fairings, do they have a part number or a size? I have searched the forums, but I did find two in the air duct tube, lol rather odd place. But trying to foreshadow to have a few extras when these fairings show up.

The wondering rubber grommets that are used when attaching the fairings, do they have a part number or a size? I have searched the forums, but I did find two in the air duct tube, lol rather odd place. But trying to foreshadow to have a few extras when these fairings show up.
I recently ordered some. Are you talking about these? (Notice the part number on the search bar on that screenshot). That is not the seller I used, but gives an idea.

1D48C366-5FB0-40BA-9C6F-144CD441B00E.png

That’s for sure. I’m thinking of what else I can while I’m waiting? Maybe the Brembo brake conversion or something who knows
While your waiting is go ahead and get rid of those extensions. Either order a new chain or of that one is good just order a master link and shorten it up either way those are gonna be a really weak spot. And after seeing the crappy r1 one of the guys ride break his extension is definitely not trust them on a busa.

While your waiting is go ahead and get rid of those extensions. Either order a new chain or of that one is good just order a master link and shorten it up either way those are gonna be a really weak spot. And after seeing the crappy r1 one of the guys ride break his extension is definitely not trust them on a busa.
I agree with Dope' and the guy in post#17 (page 1) of this thread.
That guy is not completely stoopid...at least I don't think he is. :laugh:
Rubb.

I agree with Dope' and the guy in post#17 (page 1) of this thread.
That guy is not completely stoopid...at least I don't think he is. :laugh:
Rubb.
I thought someone else had said something about em but I didn't wanna go back and reread it all. But now that we know who it was not to sure about him anyway :poke: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks!
That upper cowling brace/fairing stay ... replaced that in my '14 - both arms snapped just forward of the mirror support, prev owner (I still wonder how that managed to happen). Generally, the nose of this bike was not a fun place to hang out, but it sounds like you're over that hump. Speaking of humps, did you order one along with your body kit?
Good luck with the build

Thanks!
That upper cowling brace/fairing stay ... replaced that in my '14 - both arms snapped just forward of the mirror support, prev owner (I still wonder how that managed to happen). Generally, the nose of this bike was not a fun place to hang out, but it sounds like you're over that hump. Speaking of humps, did you order one along with your body kit?
Good luck with the build
I got the hump and tank cover as well, I am impatiently waiting for these fairings. I have all the maintenance items, and a few replacement parts I need but no reason to change any of it, without the fairings.

The absolute longest waiting time for fairings in history, sheesh. Worst part I paid for expedited shipping and that mark has been blown by 3 weeks. Rant over, looking for an extended swing arm that has room for adjustment whether it be shorter or longer, with a nitrous tank bracket if they make those.

4A044C15-1E73-4558-B7CA-E4894F1E6BC5.png

Back