I need a value opinion

merisey

Donating Member
Registered
So I found a place today that has a 2k8 busa. the dark grey color. It has scratches on the left (looks like a kickstand drop) but has a salvage title from theft. ONLY 403 miles are on it. I started it and it seems to move fine. I had to take it around a farm so it was a little off roading, cant go to fast.

anyone have opinions of what it would be worth?

I may be joining the lucky ones to own both a gen 1 and gen 2

will do thanks. They are actually asking 5k for it. I also want to make sure the proper paperwork is in place to get a recovered theft tag on the title vs a reconstructed title. Some may not see it as a difference but it wasn't actually wrecked and rebuilt as it was stolen and recovered

if you like it and all the #s are ok then go for it. but remember there is no book value on it. offer 3,000 or 3,500

for a prior salvage title due to theft your looking at half normal retail 08+ used average retail $7500 so about $3750 would be my starting point on something like that. If it has scratches from a kickstand tip over look really closely at the stator cover for damage, leaking around the seal etc...

If it runs good and you can get if for less than $5k your doing pretty good for a bike with that low of mileage...

Good luck.

Back