2015 hayabusa vs 2015 zx14

Never rode a 14 but from all the rider reviews ive seen they say the hayabusa handles better!

I had a 2012 ZX14R and sold for a 2013 BUSA, now I am back in the market, however I am waiting for a UPDATED BUSA, if it will be one. BUT FOR SURE...the BUSA wins BIG TIME in terms of handling on a day to day riding on local and highway, in special (as I mentioned before) when departing a highway into a turn, the the ZX14R WANT TO GO STRAIGHT...that is my opinion on these bikes, but I wonder if the 2015 has changed AT ALL in terms of handling and weight?

Cheers
LCL
Now I own a PANIGALE, and it is for sale! not a bike for DAY TO DAY like my BUSA and my ZX14R were!

The Busa is going to win every time when it comes to riding in the twisty's, and ease of upgrading. The ZX-14 goes straight really, really fast, and has much better braking. So, it comes down to rider preference...and for me, the only thing a straight line can do...is take me to somewhere with curves and turns!! GO BUSA!!!!!

I am seriously considering buying a 2015 ZX14. I love my Busa ut want a bit of variety. The ZX14 fits me a bit better for long distance riding. There are about 20 dealers within a 10 milke radius of me which have a ZX14 in stock so tere is probably a deal to be had somewhere. Not super happy with the color options but the green is growing on me. I have been traveling a lot for work so have not had time to start visiting dealers, plan on starting teh shopping and haggling (which I absolutely HATE) right after the 4th of July.

Jim

Both the 14R and Busa handle just fine in the corners. The 14R is more comfortable for me and the OEM brakes on the 14R are a hell of a lot better than the Busa's. The 14R offers some electronic gizmo's if thats your thing where as the Busa only offers ABS.
To say one is significantly better than the other in stock form is ridiculous,they are both great bikes for their intended purpose. Its not like one is a superstar and the other is a piece of junk. A skilled rider on a 14R would runs circles around a less than average rider on a Busa,and vice-versa.

Maybe rider skill or lack thereof is at play in this thread.....

Love you comments...
I made a mistake saying I owned a 2012 ZX14, I actually owned a ZX14 2007 instead and I tried today a ZX14R (2015) WHAT A BIKE, but the looks are far away of being as nice as the BUSA though...and that is what it is holding me back! WELL, forgot to mention the COLORS...I think the only color on the ZX14R that appeals to me is the BLACK, as the green is really too crazy!

I will continue waiting for the BUSA news, and if modification comes along, a BUSA will be, otherwise if they continue offering the ABS only, then, NO QUESTION ASKED...ZX14R will come back to my garage!
cheers
LCL

Love you comments...
I made a mistake saying I owned a 2012 ZX14, I actually owned a ZX14 2007 instead and I tried today a ZX14R (2015) WHAT A BIKE, but the looks are far away of being as nice as the BUSA though...and that is what it is holding me back! WELL, forgot to mention the COLORS...I think the only color on the ZX14R that appeals to me is the BLACK, as the green is really too crazy!

I will continue waiting for the BUSA news, and if modification comes along, a BUSA will be, otherwise if they continue offering the ABS only, then, NO QUESTION ASKED...ZX14R will come back to my garage!
cheers
LCL

I use to say "Look at my busa, it's big and ugly but it does well." Now the look of the busa appeals to me so maybe time can change feelings towards a ZX14R too. I hold functionality high above all else so I don't care how the bike looks so much. Yes though, the ZX14R is kind of ugly ???

its just unfortunate its such an ugly bike. if Kawi wud put the same design innovation into the 14 as they did the H2 it wud sell like hot cakes. as of now its just one of the ugliest bikes made. it still have a 90's design to it. looks like a freakn katana!

Love you comments...

cheers
LCL

I disagree. I think the ZX14 is better looking than the Busa. I love the headlight design and the dash layout. Not big on the tail section, but I love the Gen2 busa tail where many don't.
It's all a matter of taste.

Oh, and the H2 is hideous. :puke:

Was that OTD price? I paid 16400 for my 13 at the end of last year but that was after 5 year warranty , all that freight bs, tax tags, and services up to 11k included. Also got .5% for 72 which came out to 236 per month with that crappy no online site having syncrony. Im insured through progressive for 120 permonth full loss coverage.

I disagree. I think the ZX14 is better looking than the Busa. I love the headlight design and the dash layout. Not big on the tail section, but I love the Gen2 busa tail where many don't.
It's all a matter of taste.

Oh, and the H2 is hideous. :puke:
I wud agree that the exhaust is hideous. swap that out and its actually pretty badass! unless u've seen one in person it hard to really say cause before I seen one up close I was not a fan but seen one last week up close and it had a different exhaust and was impressive. and there were more ppl looking at that then the Ferrari that was parked about 20 feet from it.

I had the same dilemma, earlier this spring; when deciding what to replace my Speed Triple with. I realize the ZX-14 is a more modern bike; more horsepower, but I've ridden both, and I preferred the ergos of the Suzuki. As well; I snagged a new 2012 with zero KMs, for $11,999 Canadian, which included a 5 year warranty. The ZX-14 was $16,000 with a one year warranty.

Personally, I don't feel the need to be the biggest and baddest, I'm totally OK with just being "big and bad". :) Also, for the $4000 difference, I could easily add a pipe, filter, and reflash, and get pretty close to the HP of the stock ZX-14; if I wanted to, for way less money. Personally, I just kept the $4000. :) I'll use it to holiday with and just ride. It's so much a matter of personal taste, and what fits, etc. As well; I *hate* the handlebars on the Kawasaki, hate they way they mount their bars, and that I couldn't rotate my levers down as far as I wanted. I realize it's one of those fussy little things though. It was so easy with a set of Helibars to get my busa exactly the way I wanted to.

I am also one of those folks who just prefers the look of the Hayabusa. I admit, my very first street bike was a Suzuki (1982 GS-400L), so I have a soft spot. Honestly though, both of them are so powerful; so smooth at highway speeds, I just can't imagine a bad choice either way. Either one will get your license pulled and a seat reserved at your local jail in the blink of an eye. :D

Sugarbear

I have been out of the game for a while and my last bike was a 2006 hayabusa. Had over 20k miles on it until it was stolen. I was looking at the 2015 hayabusa and it seems like the zx14 seems to be a better bang for the buck. Any advice or major differences between the two? I see Anti lock brakes are standard on both now. I know its just a brand but the brembo name on the Suzuki seems to look cooler too lol.

I know its a lot to ask for but I hope I can really get some UNBIASED replies here. I get it. Im a Car Salesman for Toyota and I always say how much better the Camry n Corolla are compared to the Civic n Accord but deep down I know they are pretty much the same just like Coke Compared to Pepsi or Lowes to Home Depot. Im just thinking that for 2015 the Busa hasn't changed much since 2008 but the Kawasaki has.
Personally I like the styling of the Busa over the ZX 14, but it's a matter of opinion. Good luck fella!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Both look good in there own ways whats nice about them is the classic inline big bore 4 :thumbsup:

Back