2015 hayabusa vs 2015 zx14

But oddly enough check out brocks website and an article he did with a 2013 busa with bolt on parts. the results are as follows
RT: 0.093
60 ft: 1.461
330 ft: 3.779
1/8 mile ET: 5.694
1/8 mile MPH: 127.34
1,000 ft: 7.368
1/4 mile ET: 8.799
1/4 mile MPH: 160.06
Easily as fast as the 14 it seems however the devil as they say are always in the details.

Alien Head Full Exhaust System
BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
Power Commander V with Brock's Mapping
Fully Adjustable Window Links
EK ZZZ O-Ring Chain
Vortex Front and Rear Sprockets
Billet Triple Tree Clamp
Radial Mount Front End Lowering Kit
Stainless Steel Braided Brake and Clutch Lines
Worldwide Ceramic Wheel Bearings
Ultra Light Billet Clutch Mod and Clutch Cushion Kit
Throttle Pin Mount
Billet Adjustable Kickstand
Speed Mounts Billet Go Pro Camera Mounts (Mirror/License Plate)

the only parts of this that really drive up the price are the pipe and the bst wheels. Now that said it still takes all of this to match the 14. but if you get an older year model even still new its not going to be all that much more than stock 14 by the time your done. Still though zuk i hope will come out with their own 1441 soon. I still have 2 years before I can buy one so I am in no hurry.. besides if my 06 can put out 195hp and 120 pounds of torque as a 1397 which is about the same as a 14 then imaging what zuke could do with a 1441 and a good tune....

Dear Suzuki. Please dont disappoint. I wouldnt know how to explain a busa tat riding on a Kawi...

What's this about a Kakasaki? I thought this was a Busa forum? :whistle:

Green is just not my color. :laugh:

Remember, Kawasaki had to launch 3 bikes to beat the Busa. If you buy a ZX14 now, it won't be the king for long, very likely that we will see something new announced just before fall.

Was that green from envy or Kawasaki green? :poke:

All things being equal mod for mod(pipe,etc.)and both bikes ridden by the same rider/same track(1/4 mile)/same day,the 14 averages only .2 of a second quicker than a Gen II Busa which is a blink of an eye(takes about .2 of a second to blink your eye :laugh:),which really ain't shyt for an extra 100 cc's.Top speed at a mile event they run pretty much the exact same(Busa probably has better aeros).

Never dragged a bike, but have spent countless stages behind the tree in cars and I can tell you...two tenths might as well be a mile!
That being said. I looked at both and disregarded the green machine pretty quickly. Hard part was choosing between the Bus and the S1000RR for me. Yea, two totally diff bikes, but two of my fav ever built.
Troy

But oddly enough check out brocks website and an article he did with a 2013 busa with bolt on parts. the results are as follows
RT: 0.093
60 ft: 1.461
330 ft: 3.779
1/8 mile ET: 5.694
1/8 mile MPH: 127.34
1,000 ft: 7.368
1/4 mile ET: 8.799
1/4 mile MPH: 160.06
Easily as fast as the 14 it seems however the devil as they say are always in the details.

Alien Head Full Exhaust System
BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
Power Commander V with Brock's Mapping
Fully Adjustable Window Links
EK ZZZ O-Ring Chain
Vortex Front and Rear Sprockets
Billet Triple Tree Clamp
Radial Mount Front End Lowering Kit
Stainless Steel Braided Brake and Clutch Lines
Worldwide Ceramic Wheel Bearings
Ultra Light Billet Clutch Mod and Clutch Cushion Kit
Throttle Pin Mount
Billet Adjustable Kickstand
Speed Mounts Billet Go Pro Camera Mounts (Mirror/License Plate)

the only parts of this that really drive up the price are the pipe and the bst wheels. Now that said it still takes all of this to match the 14. but if you get an older year model even still new its not going to be all that much more than stock 14 by the time your done. Still though zuk i hope will come out with their own 1441 soon. I still have 2 years before I can buy one so I am in no hurry.. besides if my 06 can put out 195hp and 120 pounds of torque as a 1397 which is about the same as a 14 then imaging what zuke could do with a 1441 and a good tune....

Dear Suzuki. Please dont disappoint. I wouldnt know how to explain a busa tat riding on a Kawi...

In all fairness that bike had an arm on it an Jeremy teasley riding with mr12 in the tank.

In all fairness that bike had an arm on it an Jeremy teasley riding with mr12 in the tank.

Jeremy teasley went 8.42 with those mods on a hayabusa including an arm and mr12.
his times:
5.404 @ 135.04
8.423 @ 161.44

hmm , try servicing the zx14 and you will need many more hours as everything is tightly crammed.
busa is so easy

Thats the thing I dont like about suzuki. Look how often they update their flagship gsxr1000. The Busa is the red haired step child.

what the suzook gsxr1000 is way behind the rest, but every, crotch racer expect an update every year otherwise they will swap brands

to be honest apart from brakes they are too close to call in the real world. the busa v zx14 that is

If you waited this long, then you should wait to 2016, Suzuki will be coming out with a new busa. We all know that the busa hasn't change much, besides the color scheme and ABS on the 13 models above. ZR14 instrument panel is all electronic and it's a better ride than the busa, I have rode the ZR14...much more comfortable, but if you're looking to do more cosmetics works to your bike, I suggest the busa. Think about waiting another year if you're not pressing to get a bike, because 2016 you gonna see a different hayabusa...Good luck...

I'd take a Busa over the ZX because I admit I'm a Suzuki guy,
I like the motors, working on them, parts swaps, aftermarket stuff etc.
they suit me.

If I step back and look at both unbiased.
# if I'm going to leave it 100% stock and just ride it, I'd take the ZX.
# if I'm going to be modding it to something that suits me even better, I'd take the Busa.

Think about waiting another year if you're not pressing to get a bike, because 2016 you gonna see a different hayabusa...Good luck...

Don't be so sure.

1999 - 2007 = 9 years
2008 - 2015 = 8 years

So in 2016 it will be 9 years which will equal the age of the Gen I's.
So it's very possible that it won't be until 2017 that we see a Gen III.

Yes I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that if they are going to do a major change (unlike the minor change in 2008) then that will take time.
And since it appears that all there efforts are geared towards the liter bikes I'm thinking it still very possible that we won't see a Gen III next year. JMHO

I'd be very surprised to see a new Busa in 2016.

Suzuki have a p#ss poor line up at the moment,
they need to have a serious sales lift before they start releasing "flag ship" bikes to head the range.
They have had some good results in the past with everything from right back to the GSX1100, through the SV650 / 1000, the Bandit 600 / 1200, the GSXR750 /1100 and a few others.

They have no "bread and butter" great sellers or stand out bikes in the range.
Suzuki need these. They are no a prestige brand who can survive on a sole Premier bike.

If you put the two side by side I'd buy the Kaw every time. I wouldn't be surprised to see them release a new gen ZX14 before Suzuki brings out a new busa.

My vote for 2015 Hayabusa. It seems to be a better bang for the buck. This has a good awful looking and some serious design upgrades. It’s a full generation ahead of the current Busa. You can refer this, for more information.

If your waiting for a 2016 Busa...don't hold your breath....local dealer hasn't even got a murmur from Suzuki that its happening for real...the focus this year is the GSX-S and a late release of a GSX-R which needs some serious focus if their serious about taking on the other Jap manufacturers.
Spent 300 miles in twisties last week on my 13' busa and couldn't have enjoyed it more....just held 3rd or 4th gear and let the engine do the rest....for a smooth controllable power delivery that reacts nice and linear to the throttle you'll be hard pushed to find a bike better...hope thats the one thing that carries over should a Gen 3 happen.

Back