2015 hayabusa vs 2015 zx14

It just seems to me like Suzuki is milking its customers because people buy the Hayabusa just for its name so they (Suzuki) don't feel the need to update anything except for once a decade because sales are still great. Compare that with the GSXR1000 and they make upgrades all the time to be competitive. After looking at reviews I feel like a 2015 Hayabusa is a 2008 model with better brakes compared to a much newer ZX14. I miss my 2006 hayabusa but I guess this time the obvious choice is Kawasaki.

It just seems to me like Suzuki is milking its customers because people buy the Hayabusa just for its name so they (Suzuki) don't feel the need to update anything except for once a decade because sales are still great. Compare that with the GSXR1000 and they make upgrades all the time to be competitive. After looking at reviews I feel like a 2015 Hayabusa is a 2008 model with better brakes compared to a much newer ZX14. I miss my 2006 hayabusa but I guess this time the obvious choice is Kawasaki.

I think Suzuki is just a little smarter, about how they go to market:

Busa launched in 1999, was the king until the ZX14 came out in 2006. For 7 years Suzuki was the faster bike.

Kawasaki had from 2006 to 2008 to enjoy their slightly faster bike. For 2 years Kawasaki was the faster bike.

Busa was again the king from 2008 to 2012. For 4 years Suzuki was the faster bike.

The 2012 Kawasaki has now had 2 years of supremacy over the Busa.

So, with a bit of math adding the above, for 11 years the Busa was king and for 4 years the Kawasaki was king. Perhaps Suzuki is smart and that is why there is a whole lot more Busa's than ZX14's on the road and why the aftermarket for the Busa is so much better developed.

Lets face it, the whole concept of this bike started with the Busa, all Kawasaki could do is respond, and their timing seems to be wrong all the time.

Their latest response with the H2R and H2 seems to have gone quiet? All the hype and now nothing?

I think Suzuki is just a little smarter, about how they go to market:

Busa launched in 1999, was the king until the ZX14 came out in 2006. For 7 years Suzuki was the faster bike.

Kawasaki had from 2006 to 2008 to enjoy their slightly faster bike. For 2 years Kawasaki was the faster bike.

Busa was again the king from 2008 to 2012. For 4 years Suzuki was the faster bike.

The 2012 Kawasaki has now had 2 years of supremacy over the Busa.

So, with a bit of math adding the above, for 11 years the Busa was king and for 4 years the Kawasaki was king. Perhaps Suzuki is smart and that is why there is a whole lot more Busa's than ZX14's on the road and why the aftermarket for the Busa is so much better developed.

Lets face it, the whole concept of this bike started with the Busa, all Kawasaki could do is respond, and their timing seems to be wrong all the time.

Their latest response with the H2R and H2 seems to have gone quiet? All the hype and now nothing?

I guess I just don't get the FASTER part of it too much. I mean how often can anyone really race their bikes on the streets next to each other?
And when it comes right down to it, most of the time the rider has more to do with speed then the bike when two bikes are closely matched.
So when you say faster - do tenths of a second really matter in the real world most of the time. I have a Gen I and I know it is no longer the King.
But I have ridden with Gen II's and it's not like I couldn't keep up because we were never hitting top speed or racing for a quarter mile etc.

If Suzuki feels 8-9 years is the lifecycle of a model then we won't probably see a Gen III until 2017 and IMO they are outdated compared to the Z14.
So it comes down to comfort, ergonomics, and a bunch of other things that each person has to decide on. IMO the models are close and I don't think there is a bad choice between the two.

I guess I just don't get the FASTER part of it too much. I mean how often can anyone really race their bikes on the streets next to each other?
And when it comes right down to it, most of the time the rider has more to do with speed then the bike when two bikes are closely matched.
So when you say faster - do tenths of a second really matter in the real world most of the time. I have a Gen I and I know it is no longer the King.
But I have ridden with Gen II's and it's not like I couldn't keep up because we were never hitting top speed or racing for a quarter mile etc.

If Suzuki feels 8-9 years is the lifecycle of a model then we won't probably see a Gen III until 2017 and IMO they are outdated compared to the Z14.
So it comes down to comfort, ergonomics, and a bunch of other things that each person has to decide on. IMO the models are close and I don't think there is a bad choice between the two.

I agree with you 100% when it comes to "faster" is irrelevant because these bikes are so close. But in real life, when a few magazines do tests and the one is a couple of lengths ahead of the other, it has a very pronounced effect on the motor cycle crowd.

I agree with you 100% when it comes to "faster" is irrelevant because these bikes are so close. But in real life, when a few magazines do tests and the one is a couple of lengths ahead of the other, it has a very pronounced effect on the motor cycle crowd.

Well I guess I just don't care if another bike is a couple of lengths ahead of me. :laugh:

Besides you have to take those reviews with a grain of salt.

watch that race with ricky gadsden with the busa and the kaw. He takes it easy on the busa, so it, the kaw, seems to be faster. Let me tell you, give me a brand new busa, let me break it in and it will keep up with or pass the kaw!!! Do not break it in like the manual says. I broke mine in like motoman says and I had the fastest busa, total stock in about 10 counties. Others had all these mods and I smoked them in the quarter by 5 lengths or more!!! Now they, with the mods caught me and slowly passed me after about 1/2 mile and I mean slowly passed me. I remember in the 60's and 70's, I always had the slowest bike around, no matter which one. They had this guy named mack, always had the fastest bike around even with smaller cc bikes than the ones he would race. He ran the snott out of his bikes due to his mom being a surgical nurse and made lots of money, so he didn't care, cause mom would buy him another. When I read motoman's article decades later, I remembered mac and how he would break in his bikes, he didn't, he got on it and ran it from the start.

rode the current 14 when they came out,owned the previous version 14, owned 4 busa's.
The current 14 delivers its power like a big bore 1000 sports bike and you sit on it.
Busa power delivery is old school low down pull and you sit low into the bike.
At normal speeds the Busa for me feels more relaxed.
Push hard and things start to balance out though the 14 I rode started to get flighty at 150mph whereas the Busa is rock steady.
comparing the gadgets...Busa has ABS that works but doesn't get in the way..14's system does especially the rear..it also has a reasonable traction control system. 14's brakes are well ahead of the Busa's and always have been....Busa brakes work just don't work them too hard...14's dash is a feast of info...Busa tells you the vital stuff
The UK model 14's always have awful colours so thats generally what stopping me buying one but theres just something I can't quite put in words about why the Busa is the better package and with yoshi cans it sounds like an earthquakes coming

rode the current 14 when they came out,owned the previous version 14, owned 4 busa's.
The current 14 delivers its power like a big bore 1000 sports bike and you sit on it.
Busa power delivery is old school low down pull and you sit low into the bike.
At normal speeds the Busa for me feels more relaxed.
Push hard and things start to balance out though the 14 I rode started to get flighty at 150mph whereas the Busa is rock steady.
comparing the gadgets...Busa has ABS that works but doesn't get in the way..14's system does especially the rear..it also has a reasonable traction control system. 14's brakes are well ahead of the Busa's and always have been....Busa brakes work just don't work them too hard...14's dash is a feast of info...Busa tells you the vital stuff
The UK model 14's always have awful colours so thats generally what stopping me buying one but theres just something I can't quite put in words about why the Busa is the better package and with yoshi cans it sounds like an earthquakes coming

Thank you for your honest advice. Sometimes we are so brand loyal that we forget that as a consumer it might be a good idea to see what the other company has to offer as well.

sorry but the busa is second rate compared to the new Kawy in every way imaginable. Shame on Zook for selling us the same chit since 2008!

I love my ride but it is now 16 years old.

BB

sorry but the busa is second rate compared to the new Kawy in every way imaginable. Shame on Zook for selling us the same chit since 2008!

I love my ride but it is now 16 years old.

BB

Thats the thing I dont like about suzuki. Look how often they update their flagship gsxr1000. The Busa is the red haired step child.

Busa is outdated compared to the 14.
The aftermarket for the Busa blows anything else out of the water.
good parts are relatively cheap and easy to come by. Not so much for other bikes

I`m a Busa and 14 guy, Love them both, the busa modded for a naughty ride and the 14 stock for a stock Fun !

simply the busa is much better "with mods" for a naughty rides and the 14 is more comfortable and daily driver.

keep in mind the Modded Busa can be easily banned by a stock ZX14 :hmmm:

I have been out of the game for a while and my last bike was a 2006 hayabusa. Had over 20k miles on it until it was stolen. I was looking at the 2015 hayabusa and it seems like the zx14 seems to be a better bang for the buck. Any advice or major differences between the two? I see Anti lock brakes are standard on both now. I know its just a brand but the brembo name on the Suzuki seems to look cooler too lol.

I know its a lot to ask for but I hope I can really get some UNBIASED replies here. I get it. Im a Car Salesman for Toyota and I always say how much better the Camry n Corolla are compared to the Civic n Accord but deep down I know they are pretty much the same just like Coke Compared to Pepsi or Lowes to Home Depot. Im just thinking that for 2015 the Busa hasn't changed much since 2008 but the Kawasaki has.
I've owned both and at the same time...busa wins cause the 14r ergo's are too small for me.....power wise..throw the mags in the trash,in the real world that OEM 1441 crushes that 1340.It's low end and midrange is killer,as in no comparison.Busa is closer to an FJR than a 14r in that category..Pick what fits you the best, either one can get you in trouble in a hurry :laugh: I do cuss both manufactures for not turning them both loose in the lower gears:banghead:....But you won't hear this on a Hayabusa forum :whistle:

10407291_10203327320877676_498856060250794465_n.jpg

I have owned a 2008 hayabusa and have a 2013 zx14r. The zx 14 is a large heavy machine. I love the traction control and the power but I wish I had my Hayabusa back when the roads get twisty

Busa launched in 1999

The Hayabusa was a relatively late entrant into the speed & big cc sports tourer/hyperbike fight....initially it was Suzuki with the GSXR1100 in the mid 80's, then Kawasaki with ZX11/zzr1100 from the early 90's , then Honda joined in around 96' with the Blackbird, Kwak responded with the zx12r, then Suzuki with the Busa followed by kwak with the zx12/zzr1200 and so on...all of these in their day where the fastest 2 wheeled bikes you could get.
I still reckon Suzuki will play it safe if a Gen 3 Busa comes out...nowadays they seem to only want to tweak older designs rather than start a clean slate as they did with much of the Busa

The Hayabusa was a relatively late entrant into the speed & big cc sports tourer/hyperbike fight....initially it was Suzuki with the GSXR1100 in the mid 80's, then Kawasaki with ZX11/zzr1100 from the early 90's , then Honda joined in around 96' with the Blackbird, Kwak responded with the zx12r, then Suzuki with the Busa followed by kwak with the zx12/zzr1200 and so on...all of these in their day where the fastest 2 wheeled bikes you could get.
I still reckon Suzuki will play it safe if a Gen 3 Busa comes out...nowadays they seem to only want to tweak older designs rather than start a clean slate as they did with much of the Busa

Sometimes you have to make a HUGE jump and hopefully the crowd will follow. When Chevy was coming out with the new Vette everyone said it looked like a Camaro and said they wont trade in their c6 for a c7 but now everyone loves them. Its funny how vehicles grow on people. I bought my Busa brand new back in 2006 and when the new ones were coming out in 2008 everyone said they hated it. Now most of those guys own one.

I really want to get a 2015 because my Credit gives me better interest rates on those so that is a faster too. When was the last time the Hayabusa was update compared to the ZX14?
I dont keep up with Kawasakis but I believe the Busa had updates in 2013 the 14 in 2010 or 2012

Go buy the Kawi my friend, it's your money and your ride. Enjoy

Thats the thing I dont like about suzuki. Look how often they update their flagship gsxr1000. The Busa is the red haired step child.

ALL the manufacturer's update their 1000's every couple years.
They are race bikes(Superbike, MotoGP), only with headlights and passenger seats.
Racing sells motorcycles, and fighting for the top racing and sales spots are priority.
The Busa and 14 are classed as Sport Touring bikes, not Sport bikes.

You said you sell cars.
My wife has a Civic, and I have a Corolla(and a truck, cuz I'm a man:laugh:).
One is really no better than the other, only I really don't like the Civic at all. I think it's ugly and uncomfortable.
But I think the Corolla is perfect for what it is. I like everything about it.
I've owned and ridden a lot of bikes. I haven't ridden the new 14 either. I do like Kawasakis though.
I sat on the new 14 and didn't care for it. I can easily flatfoot a busa, but was on my tiptoes on the 14.
The reach to the bars on the 14 seemed further too.
Point being, you can't go wrong with either bike.
Sit on them both and see which feels more comfortable and fits YOU better. That's what it really comes down to. Unless you want every single hp available, and have a bike that's capable of edging out the competition by a bike length in the 1/4 mile. Then buy the 14. Then wait til Suzuki releases the gen3 Busa, and the 14 will be number 2 again.

Back