Going To Dark Side

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Remember back in 06 that it was a much bigger competitive relationship between zx14 and Hayabusa. But a dealer here in Florida had a bunch of new 2015 zx14's and was selling for $8,900 dollars and I couldn't pass up a deal like that. Just made a deposit today. Never have rode one but guess I will see how it compares to the Busa. Tried moving to a cruiser. Got a M50 Boulevard. That lasted about 2 months before I traded up to C109Rt Boulevard. But it still does not feel right. Still not my 06 Busa I sold 4 years ago.

Anyone here own a NEWER ZX14 that can tell me their thought between Busa and ZX?

I think you'll love it. Its faster, more comfy and better brakes than a busa.

I just couldn't get past the rear end.

I think you'll love it. Its faster, more comfy and better brakes than a busa.

I just couldn't get past the rear end.
That's what I hear. Been on the z14 forum and they talk good about Busas too. The zx14 looks a hell of a lot better than they did in 06 when they came out. My problem is if I would of got another busa it would have been an 08 or newer and not big fan still of back of Busa either but still better than the zx14. I guess it will grow on me. I like the rest of the bike. I wanted the Grey Matte but they only had the green 2015.

I had a 2010 ZX14... it was really smooth, too smooth in fact! That twin balance shaft engine feels like a turbine, or an electric motor. It was fast and comfortable, but I missed the rawness of the Busa engine. Just a personal preference to want to feel the bike working, I guess.

I had a 2010 ZX14... it was really smooth, too smooth in fact! That twin balance shaft engine feels like a turbine, or an electric motor. It was fast and comfortable, but I missed the rawness of the Busa engine. Just a personal preference to want to feel the bike working, I guess.
I get that. With me, I think the sound of a Busa motor is the thing that I will miss. I can still hear one before I see one and you get excited and start looking. I'll always have love for Busas, just want to experience something different. But I know what you mean. Even the vibration some complain about I liked. You knew that you have raw power at your disposal.

What the hell Rubb, mean I'm not allowed to stay around? Lol!
Of course you are,just seems when guys buy another brand,they end up spending more time on those boards.
I want everyone to stay,and the missing ones to come back.:thumbsup:

Rubb.

You do realize they do not have a trunk at all right? My buddy has a matte black 2015 and he likes it, just hates there is no trunk!

You do realize they do not have a trunk at all right? My buddy has a matte black 2015 and he likes it, just hates there is no trunk!
Yeah. And with owning a cruiser for a while with bags that was my problem going back to a sportsbike. I actually have a type of job that I can use my motorcycle a lot and I need to carry stuff with me if I do that. The hump isn't big deal. I plan to get luggage bags on back for it.

We're gonna miss you around here.

Rubb.

Rubb's comment made me chuckle LOL

Fate, man, haven't seen you in a while! We'll still let you post if you're not on a Busa...take a look around here - so few Busas anymore, on the Busa site. Mostly Concours now, but aren't all Kawis the same? o_O

Rubb's comment made me chuckle LOL

Fate, man, haven't seen you in a while! We'll still let you post if you're not on a Busa...take a look around here - so few Busas anymore, on the Busa site. Mostly Concours now, but aren't all Kawis the same? o_O
Lol, guess I'll know soon. I'm picking up in pan handle and riding back to Cape coral. About 600 miles. If I don't like I could still sell at price I bought and make a profit.

imagejpeg_0.jpg
Here is pic

Last edited by a moderator:
Think MC Mustang lives up that way. Going to have to see if I can meet up with him before leaving.

Plan to still hang out on site. The zx14 sites don't seem to be as fun anyway :D

If you plan on putting luggage on it why not opt for the Concours 1400? Basically same bike, a poop load more user friendly options like adjustable windscreen, factory heated grips, cruise control...and comes with luggage which can be removed? And no there is no hump mod, the rider and passenger seat is all one solid seat and the solo cowl just sits over the passenger section. Buddy of mine has one and he loves it, basically all aftermarket zx14 parts fit the concours as well. He is selling his due to baby coming!

The motor is really tuned down on concours and I don't like the look. I'm not putting hard bags on. Going with easy removable bags. The zx14 just looks better. The seat actually will fit on a zx14 as well. It weighs 200 lbs more also. The price is also a factor. I got the zx14 for 8900 bran new. I was going to wait for new Busa to see if they finally do a gen 3 but I couldn't pass up the price!

Last edited:
Back