2 maybe 3 riders down this week... Bash 09

Brendan, I mean AQUAMAN am glad you are doing ok. Wait til you see the video I got of you riding on the Fontana circle :)

I have a very sore shoulderblade, but other than that Im ok. I was coming in pretty fast on this corner and I just didnt feel like my tires were warm enough to lay it over. So I basically ran it off into the grass. Of course when you hit the brakes in the grass, you are going down!

It all happened so fast, that when I got up, I was looking for my bike and it was no longer in the grass, but rather in the river!!
I have to give props to silver surfer and racer v for kindly going in the river to fetch it out. And the rest of the crew who showed up to help. The bike was totally submerged in 5 ft. of water.
I have to give big big props to gixxer hp and the rest of the guys who helped to get it running again. I had like 6 people who gladly made it a priority with their time to get it running and patch her up. I just couldnt believe that I had great people just dying to get it up and running again. :bowdown:
It was totally amazing!!

I always say I believe in karma. I helped wrench all week and the good karma of that came to help me to.:thumbsup:
The people of the org just fricken rock is all I can say. This has just been a great week. I did bring my Busa too but kinda sore to ride so yamahore (Ben) is out on her right now...:laugh:

Wow Brendan glad to you and the other riders came through this OK. Very vivid and sobering pictures of the aftermath. Lend's new meaning to "in the event of a water landing your seat may be use as a floatation device!".

I have a very sore shoulderblade, but other than that Im ok. I was coming in pretty fast on this corner and I just didnt feel like my tires were warm enough to lay it over. So I basically ran it off into the grass. Of course when you hit the brakes in the grass, you are going down!

It all happened so fast, that when I got up, I was looking for my bike and it was no longer in the grass, but rather in the river!!
I have to give props to silver surfer and racer v for kindly going in the river to fetch it out. And the rest of the crew who showed up to help. The bike was totally submerged in 5 ft. of water.
I have to give big big props to gixxer hp and the rest of the guys who helped to get it running again. I had like 6 people who gladly made it a priority with their time to get it running and patch her up. I just couldnt believe that I had great people just dying to get it up and running again. :bowdown:
It was totally amazing!!

I always say I believe in karma. I helped wrench all week and the good karma of that came to help me to.:thumbsup:
The people of the org just fricken rock is all I can say. This has just been a great week. I did bring my Busa too but kinda sore to ride so yamahore (Ben) is out on her right now...:laugh:

I'D TRADE THAT PUPPY IN:whistle:

I was up there today and saw the black busa...he got out lucky I think. I was wondering where everyone was at...turns out they were fishing for gixxers in the creek. What kinda bait were you using cause it looks like you caught some.:laugh: Anyway, yea guys, slow down a bit, the roads around here are fun at any speed and alot more fun when you're not spending your time ordering parts or fishing bikes outta the creek. I'll be back up there in the morning to make sure you guys havent beat up anymore bikes,lol. And watch out for those stupid ass S2000 drivers! I had 2 close calls on my way home!

I seen ya... riding two up. You waved us by. Red, white and blue CBR900 and me. Heading to phillips as well.. No one there?.. Guess that explains it; the fishing trip. Had a great time,
Be safe everyone.

I seen ya... riding two up. You waved us by. Red, white and blue CBR900 and me. Heading to phillips as well.. No one there?.. Guess that explains it; the fishing trip. Had a great time,
Be safe everyone.

yep, that was me and the wifey. I saw you guys again and the store. guess I should've said hi,lol. I was in there eating with chattanoogobusa and his girl when you guys pulled up so I didnt really make an efort to get up,lol. If you ever plan on getting over this way again, hit me up and we'll ride together. May even let you stay at my house if you're a good boy.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear things turned out as they did. It's worth mentioning again that these did not occur on the Dragon, that road is usually a lot less forgiving. With a large group of riders it is inevitable that these type of ooopsies happen, for whatever reason, oil...gravel...animals...cold tires...etc...

I think a greater emphasis could be placed on safety as oppossed to dragging a knee. I usually travel to that area at least twice a year and as the semi-local regulars will tell you(Don and Tim come to mind), the Dragon is but one of numerous sweet roads to ride. I always make a complimentary run or two on the dragon, eat at the CROT, and then enjoy the other area roads that are not as crowded with cars and bikes.

Anyway, that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it! :whistle:

Coreywiley, You need to get the facts for yourself and stop assuming things based just on what you see. Do you believe everything on TV? For every bike wrecked in this thread, thousands of bikes didn't. Sh#t happens. It can happen anywhere. To denigh yourself of deal's gap is you missing out on some great riding. You could stay off the dragon and still have miles of roads to ride.

glad everyone is ok

the gsxr sure looked clean coming out of the creek :laugh: just not sure it is worth it to save a car wash :rofl:

Ok guys...I'm not semi-local...I'm full local,lol and I'll go ahead and say that I usually avoid this place like the plague. But its not the road itself thats dangerous, its the people on it. The clubs that gather here usually do so because they think its a race track and that they can just do whatever they want on it...thats why I hardley ever drive on it even though I'm only 20 minutes away. That being said, if you come during the week when theres no events going on, its a wonderfull road that feels like it was made just for us motorcyclists. Most of the roads in this area also feel that way but without all the idiots on them. If you just lay back and enjoy the ride instead of trying to catch the guy in front of you or outrun the guy behind you, its just as safe as anywhere else. I hope those of you came here for the first time had a great experience and hopefully I'll get to meet some more of you in the future.

yep, that was me and the wifey. I saw you guys again and the store. guess I should've said hi,lol. I was in there eating with chattanoogobusa and his girl when you guys pulled up so I didnt really make an efort to get up,lol. If you ever plan on getting over this way again, hit me up and we'll ride together. May even let you stay at my house if you're a good boy.

Sounds like a plan. Trying to get my wife to ride w/ me. Told her bout the rapids people were going down and shes' very interested in that..lol I think a weekend when nothing is going on as you say would be allot better. Just missed that yellow corvette that crossed over the lane and hit that yamaha <hard to tell> bike. Felt sorry for the fella.
We'll holla

Back