gas strike may 2nd

tourbus

Registered
iv had several people tell me today that there is a nation wide gas strike tomorrow and not to buy gas, im going to try not to but its kinda hard

Yeah I filled up last night (like that helps) but Im not getting any Friday, let's see if ti makes a dent, got LOTS fo people working with me here who are doing it so what the hey!
beerchug.gif

Impossible...unfortunately (for the purposes of the strike) there is a cache of us in SoCal who'll be buying lots of gas tomorrow.

laugh.gif

Good luck and thank you, to the rest of you strikers.

This has been attempted countless amounts of times. Even if it did make a "dent", you're still going to have to buy gas eventually so the slack in the gas market would be picked up when you finally had to buy. So Exxon-Mobil has one bad day on May 2nd. I assure you that their business on May 3rd would be exponentially greater.

Novel idea, but, alas it won't work...

Doesn't do anything. Didn't you say you would fill up today? Or on Saturday? They will get there money. Now if everyone bought a 40mpg vehicle (Busa?), that would make a difference....

Check out Snopes.com

I agree with the other, I don't think I will really make a difference, but I won't buy fuel tomorrow in a symbolic protest of the high prices.

...If Everyone...I mean Everyone would stay at home on May3rd. That would make a difference. Absolutley no $$ would change hands that day.

No work...no shopping...no TV....sit in your yard in a vegetated state.

...but alas it wont happen either...cause I am driving 400 miles round trip in my crew cab truck pulling a 5 x 10 trailer with fold up ramp to pick up a friends new 2007 Hayabusa and mud motor. Prolly cost me over $150 in gas alone.
beerchug.gif

I think not driving the V-8 twice a month day will do more good. But yeah sales numbers for teh oil barrons will look good the day before and the day after.

I'm saving my gas for the bike ...for the 3rd.. I filled up yesterday
thumb_up.gif
..so Im good ... but it does need to be a NationWide Strike ..to prevail
firedevil.gif

If it did work, (no money change hands) Wall Street would panic and that would screw up everything else we buy.

Last time I heard about a gas strike I also read something from some economist that if even half the drivers in the US pledged to and succeeded in using 1 less gallon of gas each month, that would make a significant dent in the overall gas usage. Let's say there are 50 million drivers and if even half of them used 1 less gallon next month and the month after that...that's a significant hit to even Exxon Mobil's bottom line.

Doesn't mean not to drive at all...just ride for an extra day or two next month.

Thats actually a really good idea...does it count for the bikes too? Means ill have to cut back on riding.

wanna make a difference? conserve a bit... so many wasted miles on most odometers that many in fact deserve to pay $4 a gallon for gas...

Get in the car drive to store for milk and go home..
Get in car drive to video store and go home
Get in car drive to school and go home..

How about something novel, get in car, go from store, to video store, to school, and then home?

Oh they are all in different directions... (so you are not talented enough to get places that are close together?

How about work... "I commute 50 miles each way" and whos fault is that? you chose the house, so either move or get a job closer to home.. (is really like getting a raise)

A 1 day strike is only for the guys that want to make themselves feel better (cause it is not going to do anything else)

I hate to say it but as gas prices go up, traffic seems to be going down around here and I like that....

...If Everyone...I mean Everyone would stay at home on May3rd.   That would make a difference.  Absolutley no $$ would change hands that day.

No work...no shopping...no TV....sit in your yard in a vegetated state.

...but alas it wont happen either...cause I am driving 400 miles round trip in my crew cab truck pulling a 5 x 10 trailer with fold up ramp to pick up a friends new 2007 Hayabusa and mud motor.  Prolly cost me over $150 in gas alone.
beerchug.gif
Now there's a good reason to burn gas
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

There is no way that this will work. Every single day at work I am blending 8000 BARRELS (42 gallons to barrel) of regular 87 octane gas and approximately 3000 barrels of 91 every 2 to 3 days. And we still run out of gas to sell at my refinery a couple times per month.
We are dependant on gas, either get over it or find another way to get around. Public transportation sucks but costs less per month than fueling up twice a month. Plus your tag fees and the occasional ticket.
Bicycles cost even less but I wouldn't want to try grocery shopping while on one.
No one out there is forcing you to drive and consume fuel. You are paying for that privilege out of your own choice.

Do people really think
sadnews.gif
 this will do anything ? And just what do they think will happen
winkold.gif
, prices being lowered ? Ya got to be kidding
laugh.gif
. What a sorry educational system we have
sad.gif
if anyone thinks this will change ANYTHING ! Better, complain about rising FOOD cost, being caused by changing to BIO Fuels which cost more to make than they make in energy
all_coholic.gif
. And then make food cost go up maybe 24% this year !!

wanna make a difference?  conserve a bit... so many wasted miles on most odometers that many in fact deserve to pay $4 a gallon for gas...  

Get in the car drive to store for milk and go home..
Get in car drive to video store and go home
Get in car drive to school and go home..

How about something novel,  get in car, go from store, to video store, to school, and then home?  

Oh they are all in different directions... (so you are not talented enough to get places that are close together?

How about work... "I commute 50 miles each way"    and whos fault is that?  you chose the house, so either move or get a job closer to home.. (is really like getting a raise)

A 1 day strike is only for the guys that want to make themselves feel better (cause it is not going to do anything else)

I hate to say it but as gas prices go up, traffic seems to be going down around here and I like that....
I agree with everything you said here.  Dan and I live in a far northern suburb of Dallas - chosen for the school district.  We chose to live here.  From our driveway to my parking space it's 25.1 miles one way to Dan's office, it's 19 one way.  If we drive separate cars = 88.2 miles per day.  If we car pool it's 32 miles one way = 64.  We started carpooling about 80% of the time and saved more than $300/month on our gas bill.  That's significant.

Yes, we choose to live in the "sticks" and knew that it would result in higher gas bills.  That's a choice we made and we do what we can to use less gas given the circumstances.  I would love it if Dallas had a reasonable public transportation system, but there isn't one here.  We have the worst public transportation of any major metropolitan area in the country.  I guess we have to be #1 at something.  
rock.gif

Back