Anyone doin the gas price protest?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Got sent another one of these and plan on particpating doubt if it will do any good but I think I'll give it a shot

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all Americans are asked to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now almost $3.00 a gallon in most places and even higher in some!

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the Internet and the average car takes about 20 to 30 dollars to fill up. If all Americans did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,200,000,000.00 (that's BILLION) out of the oil company's pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I can't see why you wouldn't) resend this titled 'Don't pump gas on May 15th'

I'm all for whatever it takes to lower gas prices...only problem is sales on the 14th and 16th will be through the roof
crazy.gif

(BA BUSA @ May 02 2007,18:30) I'm all for whatever it takes to lower gas prices...only problem is sales on the 14th and 16th will be through the roof  
crazy.gif
That is so true. We just get queezed by the oil co.
redcomprs2.gif

What needs to be done is to NOT drive or ride ANY gas powered vehicle for a few days...and don't buy ANY fuel for that time period
wow.gif

check snopes and urban legend, lot's of information on this, but it all has been debunked. nothing short term that us as consumers will effect gas prices other that the country as a whole changes our ways and go to european standards for vehicles, that would make us end up with alot of compacts and subcompacts on the road. not sure if america is ready for that, I don't see it happening till gas hits 5 a gallon for the long term. heck even now gas consumption is up since last year

I know 2 gas station owners personally and one is a riding buddy in Hawaii. Both say in their opinion there is no reason for the oil companies price increases and now-a-days gas station owners make little or no profit on the fuel they sell. That's why most have had to go to turning their stations into mini marts w/ fuel.
firedevil.gif

The government sticks their nose into all the things we dont want them to, and none of the things we could use their help with arrrrrrg!
rant.gif

Paid $17.84 the other day for 4.8 gallons.  Filled up my car taking on 17.569 gallons and it was $63.02 buying mid grade (89) too.  Ragged Pt. on the coast near the Hearst Castle is still the leader though at $4.549 per, for 91 octane.  Its nearly four bucks here already.  Fargin Bastiges! Now a three or four tank ride will cost fifty to seventy bucks just for fuel!

Let's see...I own a gas station so I will raise my prices 25% on the 14th, lower them 35% on the 15th, and raise them back up 35% on the 16th.

I agree that we are being raped at the pumps but until we increase our refining capacity, there is no end in site.

Oh, and I don't really own a gas station, just thinking like I did. If I did, I would have a half off for Busas day each month!

when I grew up, mom and dad only had ONE car and TWO jobs. they worked it out. amazing, isn't it?

I saw on TV that Vensulia (sp) is pissed at Bush so they are sending all of their oil to China rather than to us, to crush our economy. I also read somewhere that the Citgo gas station chain, is owned by the government of that country. Has anybody found out if that is true. If so why not Boycott that company.

Gas Corporations are telling us the reason the prices are going up is because they are paying more for it. If that is true then why have their profits risen 400%!?!

We're being screwed, plain and simple.

Part of the problem is lack of refineries. Tree hugging naturalist liberals are to blame for that. They claim a refinery negatively impacts nature. Well so did the hurricane that broke the levy they stopped from being fixed 15 years ago that flooded New Orleans and killed hundreds!!!

I like the idea of protesting ONE major fuel retailer consistently and nationwide. They WILL drop their prices but I recommend not revisiting their store until it's well below $2. per gallon. I think having a 9 BILLION dollar profit margin should be suffeicient for any orginization. It can't be Exxon/Mobil as they supply the military and aviation users so retail sales won't really impact them as we need it to. It's gonna have to be Citgo or Shell.

I am a traveling Technician. I HAVE to drive. Fuel now costs me $90 every other day to fill my truck. I Can't imagine what an independant Trucker is going through...

My .02

Be advised some figures referenced above were pulled out of the air refrencing faint memories form a news cast seen last year. While the numbers may not e spot on, the information is

Gas price will never go down. Maybe for short period and then up again.
Who want to spend less should buy fuel efficient vehicles, not stupid 6000Lb SUV to haul 1 a$$ to work.

I am a traveling Technician. I HAVE to drive. Fuel now costs me $90 every other day to fill my truck. I Can't imagine what an independant Trucker is going through...[/Quote]

Same here. Low Fuel display came on on my way home today, decided to wait till tomorrow morning to fill up thinking maybe the price will drop a bit over night. If not it'll be over $100 bucks to fill up the E250. I have a fleet card for the company I work for so it doesn't affect me plus we just raise our rates and pass the cost onto the customers. Vicious circle.

I knew something bad was coming back in Feb. We use a chain of gas stations called Speedway. I have a "Speedy Rewards" card that gives you 10 points for each dollar spent. You collect points and cash them in whenever you want. Rewards range from junk food to $25 Circuit City gift cards for 19,000 points all the way to a $100 Speedway gas card for 66,000 points. I currently have about 80,000 points saved up and have cashed in about 50,000 points in the past...I put a lot of miles on that van and gas mileage sucks so the points add up quickly.

Received a letter in the mail back in early Feb. stating a change in their policy for FUEL. Instead of 10 points for each dollar spent you now get 10 points for each GALLON bought. I'll get 350 points tomorrow instead of 1000.
mad.gif

At 3.20 a gallon for regular this is the highest I've seen it. Few months back it was under 2.00. Glad I didn't sell the old Honda scooter, if it really hits $4 bucks a gallon it'll be getting more use than the Busa.

It may not be a good suggestion, but if public utilities prices are regulated why not fuel?  
rock.gif

Anyone want to take a wild guess at who is buying up all the water rights??

Keep an eye on your water bill....
sad.gif

one of the biggest problems with gas is the goverment deregulated it and let it go onto the market so shares could be bought. so now that is where the price is getting driven up by those buying the shares on spectulation and driving the prices sky high. if a oil country farts then wallstreet goes crazy on making a buck and drive the price up. here lies our worst problem.

(Super Trucker @ May 02 2007,23:25) I saw on TV that Vensulia (sp) is pissed at Bush so they are sending all of their oil to China rather than to us, to crush our economy. I also read somewhere that the Citgo gas station chain, is owned by the government of that country. Has anybody found out if that is true. If so why not Boycott that company.
(extreemachine @ May 02 2007,23:47) I have heard the same thing about Citgo and had emails about boycotting them months ago
Citgo is indeed owned by their government but the reason for the boycott had nothing to do with gas itself. It was because their president said Bush was the devil and made a few more insulting remarks about him.

CLICK FOR CNN'S STORY

I am in Northern Indiana, and yesterday morning I drove by the truck stop I always drive by, and needed gas. I looked to see what it was hitting for, okay 2.80, same as always. I will stop on my way home. I leave work, and stop for gas, 3 freaking 20. How does gas go up 40 cents a gallon in less than 9 hours?

So I filled up, rode home, and had too much to drink. My head hurts

all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Back