Anyone get the email about gas on May 19th?

BusaBill

Donating Member
Registered
I got an email today forwarded from my ex that says there's going to be some sort of gas protest on May 19th. Whoever is attempting to organize it states that if everyone didn't buy gas for one day the gas company will take a 5 billion dollar hit. Sounded like an interesting concept to stick it up the gas companies *** if you could actually organize anything close to that...then again, I can't even organize my friends to go to the same bar let alone the entire country to stop buying gas for a day.

I got 3 different requests like this. Problem is it will not do anything as folks are going to drive the same amount and will have to buy more gas the day before or the day after.

Oh well.

Yeah, I hate those fuggin' chain letters!
mad.gif

Man I get that email every summer. Ya know what happens if everybody doesn't buys gas on the 19th. The prices go up 5 cents on the 20th and we'll have to buy it. That's something ya just can't get around until they build solar/electric powered SUVs & Busas.
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

I feel ya on that one BigDawg. I drive a Suburban and that damn thing drinks up some petrol. I received the email also, but what does it really accomplish?
rock.gif
I've said it before and I will say it again. Gas prices are this way because of the war. The taxes that you pay on gasoline is helping fund the war. If I remember my numbers correctly, and I'm sure I don't
biggrin.gif
, over 50% of what you pay for gasoline is TAXES. I think the true number is closer to 70%, but I just can't remember.

Totally agree with you on that one Bacharles and yes jpw the gas prices will receed, but no to where they were before.  It's bringing in too much $$$ to go back to things the way they were.  Plus all the big wigs in politics own stock in oil hmmmmmmmmm!!!!

yeah spent $35 x 2 filling up the Tahoe this weekend....friggin shame!

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084846162 -->

They've been conditioning us for a while. It's hit $2.00 a gallon before and then dropped. Goes in cycles but each time when it drops back down it's usually 10¢ a gallon more than before. A few years ago there were hysterics when it hit $2.00. Non stop talk about it on TV and the newspaper. Now it's like "eh whatever".

Glad I never sold my little Geo Storm that I bought ages ago. Never used it much...in the past 14 years I've put 55K miles on it. Looks like it may be getting some use this year while the Vette stays in the garage.

I guess we can blame the gas prices on the war but can someone please explain why a gallon of milk is nearing $4.00!!!!!!!!! It's almost doubled in price within the last month.
mad.gif

Osama's training Al Qaeda operatives in US sleeper cells to use ricin poison to take out all the cows in the US, and it's got Milk Farmers scared crapless.

It's been told that only Hershey's has the security necessary to fend off the imminent invasion of heards of terrorists. The problem is: Hershey's only has Chocolate Cows...
blush.gif

Back