Boycott On $4.00 Gas

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
Subject: FW: A real boycott on $4.00 Gas- DO THIS WITH ME!!

> > THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN
> GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON. This was sent by a retired Coca Cola
> executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from
> Halliburton. If you are = tired of the gas prices going up AND they will
> continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please. Phillip
> Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't
> buy gas on a certain day' campaign that was going around last April or May!
> It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!! !! I hear we are going to
> hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by this summer and it might go higher!! Want
> gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united
> action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't
> continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas . It was more of an
> inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them BUT, whoever thought of this
> idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join
> with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is
> super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.89 for regular unleaded in my town,
> Seattle. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to
> think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $2.50 - $2.75, we need to
> take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace. .not
> sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need
> to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is
> if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do
> that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't
> just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act
> together to force a price war. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year,
> DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one),
> EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to
> reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will
> have to follow suit But to have an impact, we = need to reach literally
> millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't
> wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to
> reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us
> send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at
> least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches
> the sixth group of people, we will have re ached over THREE MILLION consumers
> .If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then
> 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you
> guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is
> send this to 10 people. That's all! (If you don't understand how we can reach
> 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's
> face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.
> How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more
> people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
> contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had
> that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference. If
> this= makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not
> buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP
> THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK. Lets Try
> Something Different. Keep it going

This has been tried before but ExxonMobil sells gas other than to gas stations with their name on the front. More of their fuel goes "behind" the scenes - to corporate filling stations, independents, etc. While this is a nice idea, it doesn't have much impact.

I was thinking the same thing. These no name companies get their gas from somewhere. Get rid of all the gas guzzling SUVs/trucks and other 15-20 MPG vehicles, not needed for work. That will lower consumption.

I just read a blurb somewhere that America traveled like 1 billion miles less in April 08. That's a good start.

They should fix the timing on ALL stop lights. ALL THE TIME I see 6 cars waiting for 30 seconds when NO ONE IS COMING the other direction. Stupid.

I was thinking the same thing. These no name companies get their gas from somewhere. Get rid of all the gas guzzling SUVs/trucks and other 15-20 MPG vehicles, not needed for work. That will lower consumption.
As soon as everyone got more fuel efficient vehicles, they would jack the price up again and we still need gas, so we will have to pay!!

$4.00 gas sounds great!

We're knocking on $5/gal here. Routinely spending $4.899 for 91octane.

It now takes nearly $22 to fill my Gen2's tank.

$4.00 gas sounds great!

We're knocking on $5/gal here.  Routinely spending $4.899 for 91octane.

Well we have the honors to be the number 1 highest in the nation now in Ct. That is jsut great. The biggest thing to REALLY do is keep on your Congress Rep. We must drill, and use every bit of alternative energy and not depend on other nations. Congress is doing nothing and most likely will turn down allowing us to drill of shore and beyond. In the meantime other countries are drilling off of our shore while we are not.

Got to look at it in perspective. Say you have a car that averages 25 MPG and you drive 15K miles a year. Gas rose from ~$3 in Jan to $4 now. A $1 increase amounts to $600 a year. While this may seem like a lot to some, I'll see people go out and buy a new car for several thousand that gets 5 MPG better mileage. Any savings gained in fuel economy are already negated.

Not saying that something doesn't need to be done, just pointing out the reactive panic mentality.

Oh, and BTW, for anyone who supported ethanol, gas is set to go even higher due to bad corn crops.
rock.gif

Congress doesnt care because they are not hurting for gas i.e. they can afford it. The working class people who are barely making it or who were living comfortable til last year are the ones really feeling it and none of us are in congress...

Congress doesnt care because they are not hurting for gas i.e. they can afford it. The working class people who are barely making it or who were living comfortable til last year are the ones really feeling it and none of us are in congress...
I think congress-people have government cars/drivers and don't have to pay a dime whether or not they can afford it.

I might be wrong, but aren't their cars, their gas, and their drivers paid for by...let's see...hmmm...us?

I might be wrong, but aren't their cars, their gas, and their drivers paid for by...let's see...hmmm...us?
And it's usually 'us' that votes them in based on emotional feelings, rather than researched, rational thoughts... believing in whatever empty promises and illogical rhetoric they throw at us.

Oh, and BTW, for anyone who supported ethanol, gas is set to go even higher due to bad corn crops.  
rock.gif
Current ethanol processes are a bad, bad thing. This is one of the factors that's raising food prices - more corn is going to ethanol than food and livestock feed. Those people raising pigs, cattle, chickens, etc. are paying more for feed thus increasing the end cost of protein items. Until ethanol is produced using sugar cane or even bio-refuse such as corn and wheat stalks (not the edible kernels), it's only contributing to the over-all problem.

Writing to lawmakers can help. Voting for candidates who have a track record of supporting the things that are important to you is another way to help.

Got to look at it in perspective. Say you have a car that averages 25 MPG and you drive 15K miles a year. Gas rose from ~$3 in Jan to $4 now. A $1 increase amounts to $600 a year. While this may seem like a lot to some, I'll see people go out and buy a new car for several thousand that gets 5 MPG better mileage. Any savings gained in fuel economy are already negated.

Not saying that something doesn't need to be done, just pointing out the reactive panic mentality.

rock.gif
Or you can average 14 mpg and drive 70k a year like I did. With less income I have to get rid of my gas guzzling vehicles. The Busa is my transportation now.

No one seems to grasp that oil goes into making a lot of every day products, like plastic. There is no way to boycott it without going for a year long camping trip.

Why don't WE drill for the oil we have just off the coast by Texas, and in Alaska?
rock.gif
?

CHINA and CUBA are there, doing it, not even 50 miles off our shore, but we have laws forbidding US from doing it...WHY?
rock.gif

We ought to boot China and CUBA out of our backyard, and use our OWN oil.
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

Let them pay the $4.00 a gallon, not us.

Screw the environmentalists.
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

I ride everywhere, I don't need my truck to haul something, too. But not in the winter.

rock.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

I have a little more radical idea to get the attention of big oil executive boards and the "speculators"

guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

Must be the german in me
laugh.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

$4.00 gas sounds great!

We're knocking on $5/gal here. Routinely spending $4.899 for 91octane.

Well we have the honors to be the number 1 highest in the nation now in Ct. That is jsut great. The biggest thing to REALLY do is keep on your Congress Rep. We must drill, and use every bit of alternative energy and not depend on other nations. Congress is doing nothing and most likely will turn down allowing us to drill of shore and beyond. In the meantime other countries are drilling off of our shore while we are not.
I also live in Ct and we seem to be getting porked the worst. California is real bad too. My brother lives in Vegas in the middle of no where and fuel has to be trucked in for miles and miles and he pays less than I do live on the east coast where the tankers can unload right in port. Figure that one out.

It's nice to see how many of us are fed up with the high price of fuel,When enough of us get pushed far enough we will start doing the things that can truely make a real difference.I have heard so many different ideas and boycott's etc that never seem to go anywhere but there was a breakthrough this week and if we all went to this website and signed up we can send a clear message to Washington.I have yet to see this listed on this forum so here it is http://www.americansolutions.com/
Please take the time to go to the site and atleast read the info,if we can drill here we can begin to make a difference,maybe not tommorrow but we have to start somewhere.

Back