Ike Causing Gas Panic in Tennessee

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
On my home from work today I noticed long lines at the Gasoline Stores. When I got home I heard on the news that people are rushing to buy gas because there are rumors of a $1.50 price increase tomorrow.

I guess I will ride the 250 :)

2.jpg

Price gouging!:guns: Several stations in Missouri did that on 9/11 and were fined heavily by the state.

Price gouging!:guns: Several stations in Missouri did that on 9/11 and were fined heavily by the state.

Yes sir, I remember that. Got off work that day and every gas station I went by on the way home had lines backing all the way out into the highways. Gas went up here in the Springfield area and a few places did the $5.00 a gallon thing for a couple of days and sold more than enough to pay their fines and still made a tidy profit.:hmmm:

Don, I have 400 gallons of diesel and 55 of gasoline if'n ya need it - those of us in the usual path of hurricanes stock up...

Hate to hear that hurricanes are causing gas issues in TN.....

And here I am contemplating buying an RV!!!

Yes sir, I remember that. Got off work that day and every gas station I went by on the way home had lines backing all the way out into the highways. Gas went up here in the Springfield area and a few places did the $5.00 a gallon thing for a couple of days and sold more than enough to pay their fines and still made a tidy profit.:hmmm:

LOL, I was living in Republic at the time too.

Unless it's just in TN, I doubt it. I work in a station, and the boss would've come in *****ing about it if it were any where near true... The prices are hurting the gas station owners. It's all OPEC and oil Barons making the money.

this rumor has hit at least 3 times in the last year here in Indiana... never came to pass

Same thing going on in alabama. Station close to my house sold 600 gallons in 2 hours. Kind of like people rushing to buy milk and bread at the first hint of snow.
Posted via Mobile Device

The news media is still playing the story up this morning. I didn't see any lines on the way to work (44 miles), but prices ranged from 3.45 to 4.00. What was funny was that the 4.00 station was next to one that was selling for 3.49.

LINKY

Kangaroo stations here in NC have rationed their gas to 10 gallons per customer ????

Last edited:
My dad said gas went up 30 cents yesterday in St. Louis. Here they are rationing gasoline to 10 gallons per person. fun fun

Walmarts in waco stocking up on water.....talks of power outages as far north as us.....about 3-1/2 hours from coast

Kangaroo stations here in NC have rationed their gas to 10 gallons per customer ????

With this forecast I doubt that will be a problem for me :)

Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday

High: 89 °F
Low: 72 °F
More High: 90 °F
Low: 69 °F
More High: 89 °F
Low: 69 °F
More High: 85 °F
Low: 64 °F
More High: 84 °F
Low: 64 °F

our gas went up 2 days ago from 3.65 to 3.95 doubt it will go up again..

It went up 13 cents last night at my local station, and up from about 10 cents night before.

Drastic increase here today. Several stations in the $5-5.50 range since lunch time.:cussing:

Back