My Busa Overhaul

I know the big birds were specifically designed 4 high HP bikes and typically ran on big bore motors. They allow those big beasts 2 breathe :laugh:

Ok, I'm torn between the HMF or the Alienhead. I like the performance characteristics of the HMF but they are ugly IMHO.

Ok, I'm torn between the HMF or the Alienhead. I like the performance characteristics of the HMF but they are ugly IMHO.

That's a hard choice. I guess I would just have to go with the better deal. But I love the look of both.

If you don't like the looks of it, you probably won't want it on your bike for long.

What kind of RWHP do you expect from each exhaust system. That Alien Head is gonna make somewhere very close to 15.

With the head work and all you definitely want the bike to exhaust everything it pushes through.

If performance is really what your after why not spend a little more and spring 4 the ultimate?? The Brocks CT exhaust.... we are talking complete titanium exhaust from header to can topped off with a carbon fiber end cap :whistle: Now if that doesn't say horsepower Idk what does.......

Brocks Performance

I think the CT offers the same performance as the street meg, alienhead, and sidewinder, but it would weigh a little less. Of course my street meg short only weighs 7 pounds I think.

I can't justify spending an extra grand to shave 2 lbs. So far I'm at about $2200 to get her finished up mechanically and another $1500 for cosmetics. With that, I'm at my limit for now

A couple pics I took today whilst cleaning out the garage. Ya see, when I clean something, my wife feels like she has no choice but to f it up again. We'll see how long it stays clean this time

Calipers Painted.jpg

100_2176.jpg

100_2177.jpg

100_2178.jpg

Would it behoove me to replace my current radiator with a Gen II with the dual fans?

Absolutely..... you are gonna definitely need to keep that monster nice n cool!!!

I've done this mod on my Gen1 and it works flawlessly.

Gen2 Radiator
Dual aluminum Muzzy fans
Low temp thermostat
High Pressure rad cap
Samco Silicone Hose & Clamp kit
Engine Ice Coolant

You can buy the fan temp sensor relocator on RCC's website. That way you have a clean install. No messing around with switches and turning on fans manually. It relocates the sensor and allows the fans to turn on automatically, no muss no fuss

I think I'm gonna be getting the temp switch relocation from Boosted Cycle Performance. As for the rest, if I got the fans for a dual setup, couldn't I still use the Gen I or should I bite the next $100 bullet and get the radiator too? I found the radiator for $100 and the fans for $90.

I remember hearing the gen 2 rads cooled better years ago, but I never seen any official test to confirm that. I think where they benefit is they have 2 fans that were made to fit on the radiator, so that's where they are picking up the gains from. Gen 2 cores are also a little thinner, so that further backs up my thoughts.

The fan temp switch relocator is a good idea. It turns the fan on sooner, and stays on longer. Those have been a hot item, and I sold my last one 2 weeks ago. However, I can get you one if you would like, and save you a few bucks directly from RCC.

I currently run a stock gen 1 rad, with temp switch relocated and a single fan with a muzzy blade on my turbo bike. I also have a a heat exchanger blocking half of my radiator. In 110 degree Texas heat it doesn't overheat. How? I gutted my thermostat. I do this on bikes that stay in the southern states. It just a takes a little longer to warm up, but it stays way cooler. And it's cheaper then radiators, special coolant, more fans ect.

Matt, I'll return your call in a bit, been another crazy day my friend.

@ the end of the day it's your $$$ and bike. Gen1 fans and Gen2 fans are different, I wanted 2 do it rite the 1st time and be done with it. Got a gen2 rad and oil cooler off ebay 4 a good price and got the rest off a couple race sites like Schnitz and star racing. Didn't want 2 have any compatibility issues so I swapped the whole thing out

Back