Police caught on cam

That BART officer that executed the kid by shooting him in the back while he was face down handcuffed with another officer on his neck only did a year in jail, he acted like an animal but to bad your statement didn't apply to him. Maybe some citizens of that community should have been able to arrest him and bring him in and say he resisted arrest or made a move and they felt threatened. :whistle:
how often has that happened? a cop confusing his service weapon with his taser isnt acting like an animal. the guy on the gound that he was trying to contain was acting like an animal tho.

pretty simple. act like an animal get treated like an animal....:whistle:

Yeah, she was an animal. Yeah, she was speeding but who doesn't on the interstate or else get run over. And isn't that what they tell women to do? If they don't feel safe, proceed to a populated/safer place to pull over instead of the side of a empty highway, especially if being pulled by a unmarked police car? At least he got fired.

And she was a drunk animal that deserved to have her teeth knocked out by being slammed against a concrete wall while handcuffed.

And this god awful too happy college animal. Well he was in college and was probably drinking so he was evidentally too happy and deserved what he got.

I'm not trying to defend criminals at all, but sorry. I treat my animals a helluva lot better than some cops treat the public and most of the time get away with it because they have a badge and I guess that's suppose to make it ok. ??? I think if they were to charge these officers that clearly get caught on tape as some of these "animals", and prosecute them the same as they do the people getting arrested and not just get swept under the rug as most of these cases do then things might change a little.

So do you think any of these 3 situations were wrong? Or were the officers completely within their rights to do what they did?

The first video looked like multiple officers shooting at the same time; kinda hard to pull back and say "no Joe you shoot first - no, Ted, that's ok, you first"...I suspect their training is at a minimum a double tap. The weren't trying to wound the guy, that's not in their gun training. It's either don't shoot, use a Taser, or shoot to kill. period.

The BART case the officer admitted he thought he'd got his Taser.

But I do agree, the guy that got ejected in the wreck and wasn't moving didn't deserve the beating he got. That's one of those that I suspect the police lost their temper, probably because they'd been chasing the guy for an hour and he'd risked other innocent lives with his stupidity, criminal activity - well, maybe he DID deserve it, but still shoudn't have happened. In those cases, those officers were punished.

Like I said, While some were obviously over the top, there was also some grey in the others. Anytime any of you want to be critical, go thru the police academy, strap on a gun and a badge and step up.

If my daughter ever runs, fights, mouths off or spits in cops face, I'd have a hard time defending her over the officer as long as he wasn't excessive after she was down and not resisting. Better than getting shot later.

Yeah, she was an animal. Yeah, she was speeding but who doesn't on the interstate or else get run over. And isn't that what they tell women to do? If they don't feel safe, proceed to a populated/safer place to pull over instead of the side of a empty highway, especially if being pulled by a unmarked police car? At least he got fired.

And she was a drunk animal that deserved to have her teeth knocked out by being slammed against a concrete wall while handcuffed.

And this god awful too happy college animal. Well he was in college and was probably drinking so he was evidentally too happy and deserved what he got.

I'm not trying to defend criminals at all, but sorry. I treat my animals a helluva lot better than some cops treat the public and most of the time get away with it because they have a badge and I guess that's suppose to make it ok. ??? I think if they were to charge these officers that clearly get caught on tape as some of these "animals", and prosecute them the same as they do the people getting arrested and not just get swept under the rug as most of these cases do then things might change a little.

So do you think any of these 3 situations were wrong? Or were the officers completely within their rights to do what they did?
ok, so u post a few videos of cops stepping out of line. so what? law of averages considering there are almost 700,000 cops in the US hardly means anything. I could post 10 pages of videos of civilians trying to kill the police or killing the police. it doesnt mean the majority of the public are criminals.

Cam Video of WMPD officers getting killed - YouTube[/url]

11 Program 4 Preview TX Trooper Shot to Death by Elderly Man - YouTube[/url]

State Trooper Shooting - YouTube[/url]

FOOTAGE-Police Officer Shot in the Neck-Still Fights - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
and of the other three:

IMHO the first was justified. She should have turned the car off, rolled down her window and put her hands on the ledge. Yes, he forgot she had her seatbelt on, but she'd been failing to stop for 10 miles. It's a felony stop at that distance.

#2: She was arguing. Was throwing her up against the wall hard enough to break her jaw intenional, or just one of those things that happens.

#3: CLEARLY excessive and those officers should be punished.

pretty simple. act like an animal get treated like an animal....:whistle:

As stated before on those vids, you dont have to act like an animal to be treated like that. There are some bad apples on the bunch, some of them think they are above the law, or maybe just having a bad day and guess whos going to pay for that? :poke:

and of the other three:

IMHO the first was justified. She should have turned the car off, rolled down her window and put her hands on the ledge. Yes, he forgot she had her seatbelt on, but she'd been failing to stop for 10 miles. It's a felony stop at that distance.

#2: She was arguing. Was throwing her up against the wall hard enough to break her jaw intenional, or just one of those things that happens.

#3: CLEARLY excessive and those officers should be punished.

#1: I think in the first video not knowing why someone hasnt pulled over would certailny warrant a gun being drawn and and taken out of the vehicle as a felony stop but after realizing its an older black women who was just stupid personally I think he stepped over the edge. granted, women can shoot and kill police officers just as easy as a man could but once her hands are in clear view and you realize its not what it appears to be he could have and should have handled that differently.

#2: considering she is already in handcuffs I really dont see the need to be tossing her around like that but I hardly think his intensions were to hurt her like that. she was resisting but all drunks resist.

#3: just a good ole beat down by the police and excessive and they should be punished.

whistle: first of all, law enforcement is no exception for having a few bad apples here and there just like any profession but to say police brutality and abuse of power is common is complete BS! you sound ignorant and just because you watch a video here and there where a cop who should have never been a cop in the first place steps out of line hardly means the majority do the same. maybe 1-3% of police officers as a whole.

being caught on tape doing something they shouldnt have will always be higher with law enforcement then any other profession. how many people video tape doctors, lawyers, construction workers, etc... while doing their job? not many. if they did I can assure you their dirty laundry would be dried out at a far greater rate then law enforcements is....:whistle:

the police are respected in almost all communities that dont have a high percentage of people from that community committing crimes. and the people that dont like the police in the good communities are the ones that were cited for speeding or some other minor offense that they know dam well they were guilty of anyway.

First let me get you back in your lane, you don't know me, if you want to debate something do it as if I was standing in your face, don't type something that you would not say to someone you don't know....Thanks!

Now on to the rest of your reply I don't know that it's common because I watch a video, I know it's common because I have seen it with my own eyes since I was a kid. Video just captures what people have been complaining about for decades. You don't even realize it but your statement is the #1 reason why these things happen, because like yourself they believe that based on an address and to take it a step further (but not speaking of you because I don't know you) a persons style of dress or skin color means that the majority are some how criminals. They work the street with this mentality and this is where the lack of respect for the people of that community comes from. If you feel like your action is justified because some types people just have to be doing something wrong then it's easy to cross the line, if you do not respect the people that you are sworn to protect your liable to do anything.

Your opinion is yours and you have a right to it so I can respect that, realize your opinion will differ because your experience is different. If all I knew of the police were my family members, the 10 or more buddies that I ride with that are local, state and Feds or how they police my current neighborhood, I may share the same opinion. Look at it this way, if there was not an issue with people complaining about how some of these guys perform their duties and the total lack of respect and confidence of these public servants, then law enforcement agencies across the country would not be spending so much time working on changing the community relations and trying to fix what was left in the wake of an ongoing practice of abuse of power, civil rights and intimidation.

ok, so u post a few videos of cops stepping out of line. so what? law of averages considering there are almost 700,000 cops in the US hardly means anything. I could post 10 pages of videos of civilians trying to kill the police or killing the police. it doesnt mean the majority of the public are criminals.

Cam Video of WMPD officers getting killed - YouTube[/url]

11 Program 4 Preview TX Trooper Shot to Death by Elderly Man - YouTube[/url]

State Trooper Shooting - YouTube[/url]

FOOTAGE-Police Officer Shot in the Neck-Still Fights - YouTube[/url]

The truth is that most cops have a superiority complex and treat the general public like dirt. Try to defend them (the majority) all you want but the police, in general, buy into gang mentality.

Stop making excesses for them. So what if their jobs are tuff, it is what they signed up for and get paid to do. Can you show me in the arrest manual where it says it’s OK to kick them because they ran? Lose your cool and you don’t deserve to work anymore.

Maybe as armed citizens we should start defending victims of police brutality instead of videotaping it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all cops are bad, not even most. Some departments are taught (directly or indirectly) that clothing, location or skin color equal criminal, and that's wrong, but that's how it is. Even within these departments not all officers are bad, most are decent people.

It's a difficult job for sure, but that's no excuse or reason for pity. If you can't do the job, quit. It's not like you were forced to do it.

There is no excuse whatsoever for hitting a handcuffed individual, or the "one holding another hitting" scenario we see all too often in police beating videos. Anyone that hits a person in cuffs or gangs up to beat on anyone is a b!tch. Point blank.

I always make my actions and language very clear when dealing with law enforcement, I don't want to be a victim. Accidental or not, I would still be dead.

The truth is that most cops have a superiority complex and treat the general public like dirt.
That's a ridiculous statement. It's the dictionary definition of prejudice. You don't know "most cops" or how they handle the public. It's not even likely that most cops are anything different from most people. Some are bad, most aren't. Some are lazy, most aren't. Some are fat, tall, black, white, asian, gay, criminals, dumb, geniuses, whatever. They are a cross section of society.
And suggesting that armed citizens defend victims of police brutality is a good way to get people shot. Engage brain before posting.

First let me get you back in your lane, you don't know me, if you want to debate something do it as if I was standing in your face, don't type something that you would not say to someone you don't know....Thanks!

Now on to the rest of your reply I don't know that it's common because I watch a video, I know it's common because I have seen it with my own eyes since I was a kid. Video just captures what people have been complaining about for decades. You don't even realize it but your statement is the #1 reason why these things happen, because like yourself they believe that based on an address and to take it a step further (but not speaking of you because I don't know you) a persons style of dress or skin color means that the majority are some how criminals. They work the street with this mentality and this is where the lack of respect for the people of that community comes from. If you feel like your action is justified because some types people just have to be doing something wrong then it's easy to cross the line, if you do not respect the people that you are sworn to protect your liable to do anything.

Your opinion is yours and you have a right to it so I can respect that, realize your opinion will differ because your experience is different. If all I knew of the police were my family members, the 10 or more buddies that I ride with that are local, state and Feds or how they police my current neighborhood, I may share the same opinion. Look at it this way, if there was not an issue with people complaining about how some of these guys perform their duties and the total lack of respect and confidence of these public servants, then law enforcement agencies across the country would not be spending so much time working on changing the community relations and trying to fix what was left in the wake of an ongoing practice of abuse of power, civil rights and intimidation.
I seen it with my own eyes for 16 years and abuse is NOT common. and I work in a chit hole where the police are tested on a daily basis. im sure there are some police departments that engage in conduct that is unbecoming more so then other places but as a whole cops are not abusive at all and have pretty think skin.

the police are not out there to make friends with the community. im not sure where people get that from. that might sound good on paper and TV or a chief interviewing for a chiefs position but the police have one main function and that is to deter crime and enforce the laws. its not a club where they are trying to recruit people to join them and like them. they write tickets which pisses people off. they arrest people which also pisses people off cause they have to spend money on lawyers and possibly spend time in jail. do they always get it right? nope.

cops are not guidance counselors or shrinks. they are there to enforce the law. when the chit goes down who does the public call? a crack-head? no. a cop. its a thankless job and no one ever calls the police out to say what a great job they did last week. they call them out cause they have a PROBLEM that they want them to solve. and usually a problem they should be solving on their own like domestic problems or neighbor issues.

police departments dont sell any products and dont want return customers like the private sector does. the police are not out there to make enemies with the public but they surely arent there to befriend people either. maybe if they work in some cushy position like community services but 99% of the rest of them work in patrol where they combat robberies, car jackings, shootings, burglaries, riots, car and foot chases, drug sales, etc....

Thats very sad to watch, yes you can record them, but that might get you in trouble too. We have a member that recently was recording a vid of the police and got into a lil trouble of his own, Im sure he will chime in soon.

It shouldn't get you in trouble to simply record, unless you are actively interfering with their work.
I know it tuff for the Officers to keep their adrenaline in check, but at the cameras end up telling the real story, which the Police may not like.
Its getting to be more and more common

and on my experience most cops are lazy and want to do as little as possible and take the path of least resistance.

its only about 10% of any police department that actually go out there and be pro active. most would rather sit in their car all night and hope to never get a call. and the fact is that 10% are usually the ones that get in trouble by losing their kool and stepping out of line. if a cop isnt stepping on toes every once in a while then generally they arent doing their job very effectively. sad but true.

the cop you want responding to ur house when someone is trying to steal ur motorcycle or break into ur house while ur family is home alone is usually the same cop that many would call an azzhole. he is also the same guy out there searching all nite for ur stolen car or motorcycle vs. doing nothing and hoping the dispatcher doesnt give him a call....:whistle:

its a catch 22. but make no mistake about it, the cop you DONT want responding to help you is usually the cop that you will never see cause he is hiding all night hoping to avoid conflict.

its no different in the high crime areas where people rob others and sell poison to the neighborhood kids. the cops that come thru there to enforce the laws and make the projects safer for the residents and their kids to live in are almost always the same cops people in that neighborhood are making complaints against cause they took their son or brother or father to jail for being a criminal.

in fact you would think that the black citizens in the high crime areas would want black officers patroling their neighborhoods so they can relate to people of color better. that sounds all good and politcially correct but the fact is when the police have community meetings and those community memebrs complain about the drug sales and violence they often ask where the cops are that actually go out there and get the job done are. and those cops are usually the white cops that have the most complaints against them. thats just a fact.

NYPD and Jersey City PD, police abuse is very common. I was raised in both for 18 years of my life. Cops would randomly search someone, throw in in a few blows and get away with it. I saw with my own years daily, weekly, monthly, yearly cops harassing and physically and verbally abusing people with the people not doing anything to provoke them. SO from my OWN experience and what I have seen yes it is very common.

Here in Virginia a few years back when I was in the military, I was reporting to a new duty station. I had no idea where I was or going. I was pulled over by police and they he asked do I know why he pulled me over. I said no, he said this is a high drug traffic area. I said oh ok, I am in the military I am just trying to get to my duty station that I was lost and gave him my military ID. He then proceeded to call for back up, they took me out the car, cuffed me, slammed me on the hood of their car, searched me and my car. Once they found nothing the let me go. I was polite as can be because everyone knows if you say anything ill the abuse will only get worse. Now was any of that necessary?

Basically the way it is now, people are video taping bad cops. And they are getting tired of getting caught on tape abusing their power and are trying to flex their musle and stop us from doing what is right. Not saying all cops are bad, but is seems 50/50 out there now.

Damn I hate videos like this. On the face all things in it are horrible. Some may have been needed some not.
At 4:20 mark where van rolls over ejecting person lifeless onto side of road AND THEN like ten cops pile on and beat him while he's already motionless is deplorable and everyone of them involved should get life in prison for it.

It doesn't show any or all the good that I still think the vast majority try to do.

That's a ridiculous statement. It's the dictionary definition of prejudice. You don't know "most cops" or how they handle the public. It's not even likely that most cops are anything different from most people. Some are bad, most aren't. Some are lazy, most aren't. Some are fat, tall, black, white, asian, gay, criminals, dumb, geniuses, whatever. They are a cross section of society.
And suggesting that armed citizens defend victims of police brutality is a good way to get people shot. Engage brain before posting.

Saying most subscribe to gang mentality is not my words, that comes from multiple studies by well respected agencies. Go ask a cop if he thinks his department has an "us against them" attitude if you don't believe me.

With so many on here who think people deserve to be brutiliazed by the cops because they said something wrong plus the blind support of their departments and judicial system, what else is left to do but defend against the defenders.

Remember the uproar over the girl who got extra licks from the judge? She did something wrong, what's the difference? What about the people in the Middle East who are fighting against their government? They are not following the law. Is it OK for them to be brutalized? The difference is only in who you choose to sympathize with.

Back