Police caught on cam

That's a ridiculous statement. It's the dictionary definition of prejudice. You don't know "most cops" or how they handle the public. It's not even likely that most cops are anything different from most people. Some are bad, most aren't. Some are lazy, most aren't. Some are fat, tall, black, white, asian, gay, criminals, dumb, geniuses, whatever. They are a cross section of society.
And suggesting that armed citizens defend victims of police brutality is a good way to get people shot. Engage brain before posting.

Gay cops? Never heard of such a thing? Are their batons soft?
dangle-reno911.jpg

Don't resist arrest or interfere with policy business and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Im sure that police brutality has been going around forever, but rarely been caught, now is getting "more common" cause every phone has a camera.

These videos always show the end result. A lot could have happened before the little beat down clips. That being said, at 39 years old, my personal opinion of cops is that most are egotistical bullies that get off on f'ing with people. I was a volunteer firefighter for 5 years and served 4 years as a firefighter in the Navy. You think I did this because I felt a need to give back to my community? To help people in need? No, I got a rush out of running into burning structures and cutting people out of cars. Men and women that go into the police field get a rush chasing cars, shooting people, and giving beat downs. It's their personality, not an obligation to help others. If someone breaks in my house, I'll shoot them or they will shoot me. If someone steals my busa, i'll call my insurance agent.

Im sure that police brutality has been going around forever, but rarely been caught, now is getting "more common" cause every phone has a camera.
actually I would say police brutality is far less then it was in the 60's, 70's or 80's but like u said everyone has a video camera in their phone these days so it would appear as tho its more prevelant but thats just not the case.

it use to be that the police could act like a father figure to kids that have no father and give them a good ole fashion woopen if needed vs. taking them to jail. those days are long over with everyone seeing $$$$$$$ signs these days at the drop of a hand by the police....:whistle: and im not referring to beat downs. no one deserves a beat down but its perfectly legal for a parent to to discipline his kids by giving them a good smack when they need it. the police at one time use to be able to do the same.

This vid (& likely many like it) still behooves the question what recourse should be taken?

The whole premise of that video is that nothing is being done to these officers that do this. And it reiterates several times over that if they've done it once, they've done it multiple times.

Each cop in every single clip has done that to 10 other people. Deserved or otherwise is irrelevant.

And the guy on the motorcycle that filmed the cop pulling him over should get a lawyer and sue somebody.

Raiding the guys house - how is that constitutional, or even rational? That cops can get away with sh!t like that is the issue.

We have to sue people (cops in this instance) to draw attention to the issue. If no one draws attention to the issue and beats the drum that something is seriously wrong (that we tolerate this?).

Anyone read the article from a couple days about that guy kept in solitary confinement for 2 years without a trial- won $22 MILLION from the state over that.

Each cop in every single clip has done that to 10 other people.
based on what? would you say the same for the criminal that takes a shot at a police officer? would you assume that he has shot at 10 other police officers at some time or another? thats pretty unlikely so what makes you think any of those cops ever did what they were video taped for in the past 10 other times?

Anyone read the article from a couple days about that guy kept in solitary confinement for 2 years without a trial- won $22 MILLION from the state over that.
yea and its pathetic! the last 100 cops familes that have been killed in the line of duty didnt receive anywhere near that kinda of money. who do you think is more deserving of $22 million dollars? this schmuck or the familes of police officers who now have a father or husband who is now dead?

awarding people money like that is just comical. there have been people falsely put in jail for decades that didnt receive anywhere near that kinda coin. pathetic. I would gladly go into solitary confinment for two years for $22 mill...:whistle:

I agree that staying out of trouble is the best thing to do, but 99% of all cops have this feeling of being above the law. They always accuse you of being wrong and question the **** out of you with hopes of making you squirm. The 99% need a reality check and a good ass wooping in my opinion. I say video the **** out of them!!!

If they would act like professionals and not bobos then this video wouldn't exist.

It is interesting that there is more speculation on statistics in this thread than fact... I will say that 99.9% of you have no idea what it is like to be on the other side... (I made my numbers up too...) You always hear of the bad stuff...

Let's do a test.... For those of you that think that every cop is a thug and everyone has a camera then we should be able to find hundreds of thousands, literally millions of videos on the net, heck... You should be able to get some tomorrow...

How many calls or interactions occur on a daily basis?
How many officers are there in the US?

With the unbelievable numbers of officers and interactions and since cameras have been around for years we can expect to see millions this week... My challenge to you all that believe all cops are bad, can you find any videos of cops doing it right? Probably not very many, no one wants to take a video of it being done right, where is the excitement in that..

So I guess the bad guys are bad, the cops are bad and only your opinions based on nothing more than your perception of what you have seen in life in a few circumstances and handful of videos on the Internet count... Strap on a gun men, get out there and show us how it's done...

cap

It is interesting that there is more speculation on statistics in this thread than fact... I will say that 99.9% of you have no idea what it is like to be on the other side... (I made my numbers up too...) You always hear of the bad stuff...

Let's do a test.... For those of you that think that every cop is a thug and everyone has a camera then we should be able to find hundreds of thousands, literally millions of videos on the net, heck... You should be able to get some tomorrow...

How many calls or interactions occur on a daily basis?
How many officers are there in the US?

With the unbelievable numbers of officers and interactions and since cameras have been around for years we can expect to see millions this week... My challenge to you all that believe all cops are bad, can you find any videos of cops doing it right? Probably not very many, no one wants to take a video of it being done right, where is the excitement in that..

So I guess the bad guys are bad, the cops are bad and only your opinions based on nothing more than your perception of what you have seen in life in a few circumstances and handful of videos on the Internet count... Strap on a gun men, get out there and show us how it's done...

cap

I hate this perception that all cops are abusive, power-hungry freaks... Of course the bad few stand out in a crowd of a million good ones.

One example...RIP, Officer

I agree that staying out of trouble is the best thing to do, but 99% of all cops have this feeling of being above the law. They always accuse you of being wrong and question the **** out of you with hopes of making you squirm. The 99% need a reality check and a good ass wooping in my opinion. I say video the **** out of them!!!

If they would act like professionals and not bobos then this video wouldn't exist.
99% huh? really? and who's gonna give them that ass whoopen? you? lmao.... you sound more like one those that has gotten his ass kicked by the police for running his mouth on more then one occassion and for good reason it appears....:whistle:

instead of being a brave keyboard warrior maybe you should try putting on a uniform urself and seeing how brave you think are. I would be willing to bet ur not that brave at all.

they always accuse you of being wrong? since you seem to be such an expert on the subject ill assume ur speaking from personal experience so maybe you should take some of ur own advice and stay out of trouble vs. in trouble....:whistle:

I dont think all cops are bad, but you cant hide that there are some bad apples on the bunch, sooner or later they will show up on the net. They can still do a good job and it can still be full of excitement, there even a show about it "COPS".

I know some good ones(90%), decent ones(9%) and the ones as in the majority of vids posted(1%).

Due to some bad circumstances I have recently had a lot of dealings with local LE and DAs office. They absolutely could not have been any better! They have went above and beyond to take care of all the matters concerning us.

I dont think all cops are bad, but you cant hide that there are some bad apples on the bunch, sooner or later they will show up on the net. They can still do a good job and it can still be full of excitement, there even a show about it "COPS".

Absolutely there are bad cops, bad lawyers, firefighters, doctors, teachers, every profession has people that just aren't good at their job for whatever reason. To make a statement that all cops are bad would be like me stating that all bus drivers are bad. When you discuss things like this in such absolutes it typically means a person is really just unwilling to admit that they could be mistaken. I would believe that the common man approach here would be good. Would a common US citizen say that all cops are bad, assuredly no they would not. So until the discussion can get beyond these absurd comments there really isn't anything to discuss...

Cap

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

these videos never show the whole story they only show certain details like the video with the guy at hardees that got shot... the man held his gf inside hostage cause he thought she was cheating on him... but it only showed a small amount of what happened

True, there are bad apples in every profession and they get punished, fired, ect if they do a bad job, but in this specific profession the "might"(not saying they will) just get a slap on the wrist. I never said that all cops are bad and I dont really know what you mean with a "common US citizen" which I consider most of us here are. A "common US citizen" might never say ALL cops are bad, but cant say ALL cops are good eather. As we are over 30,000 members here, you cant expect everyone to have the same opinion, everyone have their own about everything, but just because its not the same as yours doesnt make it "absurd" sometimes we have to agree in disagree.

I have nothing against cops, they are humans and are allowed to make mistakes, but for those who loose their cool and act like that on those vids, thats a lil extreme and they shouldnt be on the streets.

True, there are bad apples in every profession and they get punished, fired, ect if they do a bad job, but in this specific profession the "might"(not saying they will) just get a slap on the wrist. I never said that all cops are bad and I dont really know what you mean with a "common US citizen" which I consider most of us here are. A "common US citizen" might never say ALL cops are bad, but cant say ALL cops are good eather. As we are over 30,000 members here, you cant expect everyone to have the same opinion, everyone have their own about everything, but just because its not the same as yours doesnt make it "absurd" sometimes we have to agree in disagree.
I think when ppl use the word "Always" or "All" or "99%" its not expressing ones opinion which ur right everyone is entitled to. making absolute claims about peoples professions and painting them all in bad light IS absurd and desent sit well with LE either current or retired.

referring to minorities as always or all or 99% would be equally wrong. if some said 99% of blacks committ crimes people would be outraged because they know its false and simply said to sensationalize a select few.

contrary to what many may think becomming a police officer in most departments is a highly competitive process that tends to hire well educated and stable candidates. many departments around here have guys making well over $150,000 year with OT year in and year out with great benifits and a pension.

the process that can take up to a year or longer to complete for many. written test, physical test, polygraph, extensive background, psyc test, driving history, credit, medical, multible stressful interviews involving scenarios, interview with chief of police, etc... most cops that get hired are pretty sharp and many have military backgrounds and well disciplined.

so anyone who thinks cops are ego maniacs or power hungry or whatever doesnt know what the fuk they are talking about. many cops have just as much pride as anyone else who has pride in their profession and when they see those bad apples giving the rest a black eye cause they should have never been there in the first plave cops want them gone long before the general public does.

watching a 2:00 minute clip when an incident was 10:00 minutes long is no different then watching the rodney king video.

Back