Zero Gravity Dubble Bubble

OB_rogue187

Registered
I ordered a dubble bubble windscreen today for my 2000 Hayabusa, the salesman said that he though they already come on the Hayabusa, is this true? I know it's similiar, but I assume the db is taller? Any input will help tons as I can cancel the order yet.

I have a double bubble and I'm waiting to get my busa out of storage to put it on. It is not the same wind screen. Other people on this site, have stated the db is higher and they can see their guages without having to look thru the stock screen. The stock screen is terrible. The wind blast you right in the center of your chest. The db is supposed to be a little better. The db is not shatter proof like the stock but that's a risk I took.

soja1

double bubble;
looks great, very good around town, high speed D-B & TANK BAG ... real problem;
in the rain, with tank bag, low speeds, 35-70 mph, rain-spray travels under {slightly open face shield, cause water droplets on glasses and inside of wind screen. anybody else with D-B probs???

i got the sport touring screen, definitely larger, as i am also large. makes even the clock easily readable. smaller riders may not need this much win protection. it was better for me with my heli bars.

The ZG double bubble is the first mod needed besides adjusting the shift lever height.

Valentine 1 is the next before any pipe, airfilter, or airbox mod.

Somebody has to be different so I got the ZG sport touring screen. It feels OK to 170mph, I haven't had a chance to stretch it past there yet (it's only been on for 130 miles). The big difference I found, probably because I'm big by sportbiker standards 6'1" 235 lb, is in the 120 to 160 speed range which I can now ride really comfortably without welding the chinbar of the helmet to the tank. I'll admit the looks aren't for everybody, but the increase in comfort is a big help in the search for speed.

Tinhead,I also like the Sport Tour screen better. Checked both out before buying and decided that the DB wasn't really much of an improvement on stock. Sure, you could see the instruments a little better than with the stocker, but there was no way to get any significant portion of your body beind it.
Although still tiny, the ST does give you better protection without noticeable windblast.

I think the DB fits the "Racer Rick" image a lot of guys are looking for, but I don't think it fits the lines of the bike as well. In addition, the ST counteracts the stock "*** -high" look, better.

Back