Yoyodyne slider installation

chain

Registered
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/

That wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I got a sharp new 1-1/16" plastic/metal/wood holesaw from ACE. It would prove to do a fine job on cutting through the plastic without boogering up the paint.

Finding the place to drill my pilot hole was a little bit of a chore. I tried Play-Doh, but the crap would not stick to the inside of my fairing. When I finally got it to cling long enough to leave an impression from the engine mount bolt (which I had backed out so it could make contact with the Play-Doh), I disturbed the imprint as I removed the fairing. Grrr.

The laser taped to a stepladder and pointing at the center of the engine mount bolt method didn't work because you couldn't see the dot on the bike's red pearl paint. Maybe I had too much light in the garage or the laser I was using (an old pointer of my roommate's) was weak.

On to Plan C then... triangulation. Yep, borrowed a little trick from my days working accidents and was able to drill two nearly perfect holes in the plastic. The photos of the finished product speak for themselves.

Hey, quick question for you guys...does your left hand slider turn by hand even after the bolt is tightened all the way down? Mine does, but I'm not terribly freaked out about it. Believe it or not, the very same side slider turned by hand after I installed Intuitive on my 954RR. Anyone else with similar experiences?

<!--EDIT|chain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114475642 -->

IMG_02601.JPG

Nice job, chain! How about a shot of the entire side of the bike?

hmm wow that 1 1/16th hole is all you drill for them damn i shoulda got them instead oh well to late now something to consider on my beserk bike though

the lazer pointer probly woulda worked if you had laid some tape on the body works is what i did i figured that would help with the chipping issues if any and also i was doing it on black body work at the time kinda hard to mark on black plasitc with a black marker
wink.gif

Back