Sliders for the Gumption Challenged

machfj

Registered
Speaking for Myself, getting up the Gumption to drill holes in my Hayabusa's Plastics was a BIG DEAL!, and the Play-Doh method didn't appeal to my Engineer side. Soooo, attached is a pic of my "Triangulation Method". This may require a few posts since they are big files.
Hope this is of use.

Mike In Illinois

slidera1.jpg

To Explain: After Determining the Arc from pic 1 and the line length from pic 2, replace the fairing plastics, apply masking tape and transfer the arc and line to the fairing outside. This gives you an exact center point. Remove Plastics, Drill, and admire your results!!!

Its do much easier to put a bit of paint or liquid paper on the head of that bolt, place the fairing back in place, apply pressure to the area of the bolt and presto! You have a mark where the center is.But your method seemed to have worked.NJ.

To Explain: After Determining the Arc from pic 1 and the line length from pic 2, replace the fairing plastics, apply masking tape and transfer the arc and line to the fairing outside.
arc tangent line....no not calculus again!!

Are those metal sliders? Id go with teh derlin if i were you but gret job on the cut

Seems like your method worked out great for you. This should have been a practical application math problem in school. Maybe I would have payed more attention if motorcycles were involved.
smile.gif

Nice colour nail polish , did you get it from Krieg ?
biggrin.gif

How can you carry your tangent line with the plastics on? Doesn't the radiator get covered? Or....does the ruler fit in through the vent hole ahead of the slider......ahhhhh. good idea...

Monty
Professional Pilot

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can you carry your tangent line with the plastics on?  Doesn't the radiator get covered?  Or....does the ruler fit in through the vent hole ahead of the slider......ahhhhh. good idea...

-------------- [/QUOTE]

I was asking myself the same  
rock.gif

Possibly he marked where the ruler butts up against the radiator before putting the cover on. After the cover goes backt on, he  would then slides the ruler through the cutout back up against the mark.
rock.gif

wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118606232 -->

rock.gif

The laser is the way to go, hands down, put the bike on the center stand make sure is does not move at all. Line a laser up to the center of the bolt, make sure the laser will not move. Put the faring back on turn the laser on and you have the exact location to drill, mark it remove the faring and drill your hole, done.

Hy, newbie here. Why is it that none of you have made a small template yet, once the hole is drilled, for us to print out?
Maybe not the best way to start out in here as a newbie but i was just wondering.  
Don't flame me to bad guys and gals.

BTW, Got my 05 black busa last week and my woman has to pry me off of it every evening.  lol

<!--EDIT|seatec
Reason for Edit: "Can't spell worth a sh*t"|1121845154 -->

Hy, newbie here. Why is it that none of you have made a small template yet, once the hole is drilled, for us to print out?
Myabe not the best way to start out in here as a newbie but i was just wondering.  

BTW, Got my 05 black busa last week and my woman has to pry me off of it every evening.  lol
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

Myabe not the best way to start out in here as a newbie but i was just wondering.  

Just kidding..

Actually not a bad idea...

YEAH!! why havnt any of you made a template for me to use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it's part of the Busa initiation hazing ritual. You MUST struggle through it like the rest of us!
tounge.gif

Cool method though. I went the laser route this past weekend with great results.

Back