SLIDER INSTALLATION

LE BUSA

Donating Member
Registered
I will be installing a set of sliders on my Busa Sunday and I was wondering what the silver colored cap screw does on the right side frame mounting point, where the slider bolt will replace the engine mount bolt at that location? It looks like it is there to put tension on that bolt. If this is correct does it need to be loosened and re torqued? Thanks for the help.

If you look here in my thread about my sliders you will see a pic about the 3rd of 4th one down that shows the bolt you need to remove... that is the only engine mount bolt you need to remove... not sure what silver colored cap screw your talking about... its an allen head bolt that goes into the engine that gets removed...

gee silly me-- I didnt use my laser-- mine came out great- and I haven't put any o ring on yet-- but the way Josh pinpointed the spot is just shy of genius. Very inventive.

cant see the pic... try using photobucket.com to host your pics... its free and very easy to use.

(Sloto200 @ Apr. 28 2007,23:51) If you look here in my thread about my sliders you will see a pic about the 3rd of 4th one down that shows the bolt you need to remove... that is the only engine mount bolt you need to remove... not sure what silver colored cap screw your talking about...  its an allen head bolt that goes into the engine that gets removed...
Thanks for the reply. I looked at your post before I posted this question. I wish my camera was working so I could post a picture of what I am talking about. The area I am refering to is on the right side mounting location. On this side, on the bolt hole located on the frame that the engine bolt goes through, there is a smaller hex head bolt ( head of this bolt faces towards the front of the busa and points downward at about the 4 o clock position ) that screws into the mounting hole location, below the engine bolt, and appears to apply tension to the bolt hole area. The smaller bolt is what I am asking about and wanting to verify if it needs to be loosened or tightened in any way before, during, or after the slider installation. Thanks again. It looks like you have Vortex sliders, which is what I will be installing.

You shouldn't have to do anything with those bolts.

if your talking about the bolt that points down towards the ground and towards the back of the bike then no you dont have to do anything with it... just the engine mount bolt is all you have to mess with...

Got them installed. Thanks to all that replied.
biggrin.gif

Back