Your favorite 'busa complaint

I only have two complaints about the busa.

It shifts like bucket of bolts!

The brakes suck!

What kinda bike is that? and Is it fast?

You would think school would teach enough people to read and pay attention, SUZUKI on front and back S on tank, kanji with red(like red isn't noticeable) Hayabusa on both sides With GSX1300R on both sides on the rear. No it just looks like it'll do 180.
tounge.gif

The wannabees and squids that walk up to me and claim the big busa doesn't handle well enough for their oh so honed riding skillz.
blush.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif
Not all the kids are squids or wannabe's. I agree, the ones who approach you with dumb comments are no threat. However, I do know one 18 year old that I'm sure would be most happy to accept your challenge on your busa around the track (Which is the only place to race, by the way) and he will ride his 600. I would bet hard cash he can beat anyone breathing including Valentino Rossi on a busa with his GSXR 600 on a twisty track. There are a few tracks with long straights and sweeping turns that may give the busa a chance to keep up? And I think it would be a safe bet that he could lap anyone on this board on their busa in a 10 lap race.

The ole faithful busa handles well and is a ton of fun in the corners but fast, it is not. Guys who thinks their busa is fast on the corners has never watched the fast guys cut the corners. Nothing wrong with the busa, it's a ton of fun, it's just not physically capible of being competitive on a twisty track.

Nothing to frown about, I happen to think the busa is the best all around bike ever built.

The wannabees and squids that walk up to me and claim the big busa doesn't handle well enough for their oh so honed riding skillz.
blush.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif
Not all the kids are squids or wannabe's. I agree, the ones who approach you with dumb comments are no threat. However, I do know one 18 year old that I'm sure would be most happy to accept your challenge on your busa around the track (Which is the only place to race, by the way) and he will ride his 600. I would bet hard cash he can beat anyone breathing including Valentino Rossi on a busa with his GSXR 600 on a twisty track. There are a few tracks with long straights and sweeping turns that may give the busa a chance to keep up? And I think it would be a safe bet that he could lap anyone on this board on their busa in a 10 lap race.

The ole faithful busa handles well and is a ton of fun in the corners but fast, it is not. Guys who thinks their busa is fast on the corners has never watched the fast guys cut the corners. Nothing wrong with the busa, it's a ton of fun, it's just not physically capible of being competitive on a twisty track.

Nothing to frown about, I happen to think the busa is the best all around bike ever built.
Again, I do believe you are missing the gist of the post.

Me and Bill are not saying the Busa is a cornering weapon, we are simply talking about alot of peoples responses when they are passed by a Busa in the mountains.

I cant tell you how many people were turning their nose up at me at Road Atlanta last year. I hear comments like "what is a drag bike doing here" and "that bike has no business being on a road race track".

At the end of the sessions, there were more people susprised at what a Busa can do in the corners.

I agree 1000% that with equal riders, a supersport will be faster that a Busa in the corners.

blush.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif

Again, I do believe you are missing the gist of the post.

Me and Bill are not saying the Busa is a cornering weapon, we are simply talking about alot of peoples responses when they are passed by a Busa in the mountains.

I cant tell you how many people were turning their nose up at me at Road Atlanta last year. I hear comments like "what is a drag bike doing here" and "that bike has no business being on a road race track".

At the end of the sessions, there were more people susprised at what a Busa can do in the corners.

I agree 1000% that with equal riders, a supersport will be faster that a Busa in the corners.
I totally agree. I've spanked a few guys on my busa and it makes me smile. But it's kinda like the big tough guy on the block, he knows who to pick on and who not to. When I see a guy with full race leathers that have every apendage skinned up, riding a beat up 600 or 1K that has spent some time plowing weeds, I know better than to challenge them, I'll get embrassed.

Anyone who brags about spanking a 600 on tight twisties, hasn't challenged the right 600 yet? I've had several different busa's at the track over the years and I soon learned which lightweights I can pass and the ones I can't. I've had the plastic scraping the pavement and a 600 pass me on the outside. I had little 18 year old Mitchel Pierce pass me on a corner on his 600, all leaned over, puts his clutch hand on his hip, looks over his shoulder at me with a big smile, waves and by the time we got to the straight, he was so far up the track I couldn't tell what color his leathers were. And at the time I was dragging the foot pegs! Damn kids anyway!

I think if the guys who are impressed with their busa's cornering ability spent some time on the track they would come away with an entirely different opinion? I know I did. When I first began taking the busa to the track, I thought I would swamp every body on the straights. Unfortunately, I learned early that a strong running liter bike was very hard to pass on the straight if he had three bike lengths on me coming out of the final turn. The Gixxer 1K's were always a challenge and the R1's were not far behind.

I have a soft spot for my big ole heavy weight Busa but it does have it's limitations.

Yeah ive actually did the stay in high gear and ease on the throttle tucked all down beside a prelude with a body kit and wing , let the guy get JUST ahead of me and around 110 his car was at its most , so i downshifted and gave it alittle throttle
devil.gif
But ive had a 600 and a gsxr750 in the past , the 750 was actually a track bike and i agree the 750 was alot easier to corner as far as cornering ability i have had the busa at the road track here at firebird and with the +1 rear bones it actually surprises me how much it loves to corner. Im alittle out of pratice on the track but the cornering has alot of the same feel and i can get a good knee scrape going around the inside. And yeah grant it stock suspension setup on a hayabusa is kinda shotty for handeling , if you adjust it to meet your weight and driving style youll be amazed what itll do around a corner even against the 600cc guys.

About the only thing I get from my buddies is..."Did you HAVE to get the biggest one out there?" I simply answer "yep...go big or go home". Other than that mostly compliments on my bike. But then summer hasnt hit yet where I can get out and ride more often. So we shall see.

speaking about bikes that are "Supposed to go in a straight line". I owend a V-Max for 8 years, everyone alwsays said it was a quarter mile bike and didn't belong in the twisties. But who ever rode with me knew better. They would say I didn't know that bike would do that, and if they were behind me they would say I was just watching the bike in amazement....Ability is the key, now I have the busa with 14000 miles on her and starting to feel pretty comfortable on her. Bikes turn fine, even Goldwings. Gotta love that power out of the corners and quit asking me how fast I have had it
smile.gif

I'm really suprised only one person mentioned anything about the appitite for tires and chains this bike has. Understandable trait as we all know but doesnt it bug any of you guys that ur always puttin' out for new rubber?

my biggest complaint is...it doesn't have a passenger invisable button..So i wont get busted again by my wife with another female type person on back.

I'm really suprised only one person mentioned anything about the appitite for tires and chains this bike has. Understandable trait as we all know but doesnt it bug any of you guys that ur always puttin' out for new rubber?
That's a Good one ! Changin' tires like underwear !
laugh.gif

My biggest complaint (i'm 36 btw) is every punk on the street think they have to challenge you.  They pull up beside you and pin the throttle on the rev limiter.  My second biggest complaint is ppl who come up to you and start talking about our perfections of engineering as if they built the damn thing and they will argue all day long that there is a 600cc Hayabusa.

Don
why did you even start talking to them like that? I would just say man I'm in a hurry...gotta go...
argue.gif
<--this will be a wasting time, to me...

blush.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif
Sorry, I just did track day monday and blew away MANY 600's and 750's in my class. So I'll recycle this picture over and over just to show that the Busa IS CAPABLE OF HANDLING AND TWISTIES!!

DSC_1534.jpg

I talked to some 18 y.o. last year who came up to me and liked my "ride" and "heard" that's it's pretty fast. I reply, "Fastest Stock Production Motorycycle on the planet."

He says, "No, my old Ninja900 was faster than that Katana. I know that for a fact cuz I blew away that same bike by 14 bike lengths."

Me, uncontrollable laughter, "Ummm, you do know it's a Hayabusa and not Katana, don't you."

him, "No that's a Katana. Dude! You need to get your bike facts straight before you start hatin."

me, "I aint hatin' playa. So what did you have? ZX-9R?"

Him, "I just told you. It's a Ninja 900. It had close to 300hp. I've outrun CHP and even the helicopters in a pursuit once."

Me, "Ok. I gotta go. It's my bedtime."

The morons who think they know everything.

Back