Your favorite 'busa complaint

All the "kids", (young adults) in my neighborhood want to know if I can do a stoppie, or how far can you do a wheelie, or can you go down the street standing beside the bike. Then they say "Oh, you don't do any of that. You must not know how to ride."

I hate when someone who don't even know anything about bikes comes up and asks me "What kind of bike do you have?" because they can see me carrying my gear around. And I reply "A hayabusa" and they are like "Ohh, ok." It's like i want to say "Would you even know what it was if I told you?" even some girly girls ask me that and they obviously are not into bikes evough to know what it is.
I also hate when some guy comes up and asks me "is that a ninja!, because it looks fast" Whatever!!
laugh.gif

I also hate when some guy comes and tells me "That's a nice bike but it's can only go in a straight line" I always reply, that depends on your riding ability!

Hmm, favorite complaint - not sure if it's my favorite, but seems like every import with a coffee can exhaust wants to challenge me - and I'm like dude - we've got the same size engine and I'm about 2000+lbs lighter than you - ever heard of power to weight ratio.
Then there are the chicken heads who always want a ride - 1st of all if my hump is on that might be an indication that in the words of the great chicken head Whitney Houston - "Hell to tha nawl, you can't have a ride.
2nd - You might be a clown, but this ain't no damn carnival ride.
But I guess the favorite complaint is from the wife - when she addresses the Busa as "The Mistress"
+2

The wannabees and squids that walk up to me and claim the big busa doesn't handle well enough for their oh so honed riding skillz.
blush.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif
I have to go with this one as well.....

If I only had a dollar for everytime I have been told that a Busa wont handle well......
it dont handle that well, least not in a turn and switch backs --very heavy and requires alot of effort to turn compared to other "sportbikes"-- but im not road racing it so it dont matter
smile.gif

The "best" complaint I got was while doing a trackday at Road America with WWJD. Now, granted...this was my first trackday, so I wasn't that good yet.

The Control Rider complained to me that people were getting stuck behind us in the turns, but then when we came onto the straights that "no one could catch us to pass". I laughed my azz off inside, but told him we would try to hold back a bit (and give the little liter bikes a chance).
laugh.gif

I now blame WWJD (Greg) for my track addiction
wink.gif

The wannabees and squids that walk up to me and claim the big busa doesn't handle well enough for their oh so honed riding skillz.
blush.gif
mad.gif
wow.gif
+1

"Those things don't handle for sh!t on the 'curves.' "

Or: "Those things aren't good for anything but drag racing. Anyone can fast in a straight line..."

My number one complaint about the Busa that I love to hate is that every once in when I hammer it my ass SMASHES into the hump and my tail bone is sore for a week.
Im glad Im no the only one with a sore tail bone!!!

An old timer cruiser guy asked me where the "damn kickstart" was onetime.
I told him i left it at home.
biggrin.gif

Him - "Is this a Muzzy bike?"
Me - "It has Muzzy cans, its a Hayabusa".
Him - "Well how am I supposed to know what kind of bike it is if there's no writing on it?"
Me - "Don"t care if you don't know, I know & thats all that matters".

No complaints! I get a lot of "YOU ride one of these?
rock.gif
Guys in particular are a little in awwww that a women would ride a bike like this. One guy even came up to me and said "You've got to be kidding me! Where's your husband?"

didn't read the other responses.....so if this is a repeat, sorry!

The only complaint I have about this dam thing is that every time I ride it, I have to CONSTANTLY remind myself how much a speeding ticket will cost me in the long run...

I will tell ya what my BIGGEST complaint about this beek is. You are not safe ANYWHERE from the moron who is gonna come ask you the same stupid question everytime. It could be at a gas station, a restaraunt, even in traffic. And that question makes me shudder with violent thoughts everytime......and here it is. "Wow thats a nice bike dude IS IT FAST? " I swear I don't know how many more times I can politely humor someone that hits me with that. I mean dude.....this is a Hayabusa. A 1300cc heavy hitter of raw power and torque. NO! It's not fast actually I am glad you asked that question. I actually just ran a Vespa on the way here and it was such a knock down drag out fight. Grrrrrrr.
no kidding I've had to answer that "IS IT FAST" more times than i can count. to a point were i just shrug now and say"KIND OF.. but only if i give a little thought"

it dont handle that well, least not in a turn and switch backs --very heavy and requires alot of effort to turn compared to other "sportbikes"--  but im not road racing it so it dont matter
smile.gif
When you are comparing the Busa to a GSXR/ZX/R1 etc with equally skilled riders, the Supersports do handle better.

The point of Bill's and my post, is the majority of riders only believe what they hear. And most do believe the Busa only serves the straight line crowd.

I cant tell you how many times, I have had people ask me, how do you get a Busa to turn like that? Or I thought they were only good for drag racing?

No complaints! I get a lot of "YOU ride one of these?
rock.gif
Guys in particular are a little in awwww that a women would ride a bike like this. One guy even came up to me and said "You've got to be kidding me! Where's your husband?"
Hey scootergirl

I bought my 2005 from a "girl" - and I don't think she was much of a rider - there was almost 1/8th of an inch of chicken strip left on the tires  
wow.gif
. . . and the peg feelers were all scratched up.

Glad I asked this question - should've made it a poll.

Looks like some form of the question "does it go fast" would be the winner.

Not a complaint so much as something I've noticed. Some people will walk up to the bike, we'll start talking, they bring up some bike they had in the past that was 'so fast'. Usually there is an ensuing tale of 100 mph in first gear. Then they ask me how fast mine is. I tell them just under 200 if it was stock, but it's turbocharged so it has an extra 150 hp or so, so maybe 215. Then I wait for the reaction, which is usually skeptisisim or disbelief. I often get the feeling they leave thinking there old bike would have taken mine in a heads up race.
There's another board member that I think found a solution for the 'disbeliever' problem. Reinforce their fantsy. He said that when he gets raced by cars that are as slow as their owners think they are fast, he tries to look like he's hammering the bike to try to beat them. When thy come to the next light he gives them a big thumbs up. I think I'll take that approach and just tell the guys that my bikes not nearly as fast as their old bike.

<!--EDIT|turbojonn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140717460 -->

after reading these, and when i get mine done i am going to get me a plaque or something, thats says here's your sign stupid!!!!

I'm thinkin' I should take the kanji off and replace the 1300 on the tail with 600... Think of all the kills....... talk about your sleeper....
biggrin.gif

Back