Your Favorite Board Member Is Back...sort of

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I would like to introduce to you a man who needs no introduction. A man whose tireless commitment and dedication to posting the best in "Postwhoring" and the like. A man whose striking good looks and quick wit keeps his fellow members either laughing or scratching their heads constantly. :drink:

Alright, enough of the BS. Just wanted to chime in to let everyone know that I'm back (may make some excited while at the same time make some say... "Aww Sh^t!!"). Anyway, here's the update on me and the Busa's condition. I'm currently in physical therapy and doing very well. Believe it or not, I am almost one month ahead of the schedule I've been put on by my doctor. Currently working on bending my knee to get it back to normal. I am able to bend it to slightly over 100 degrees (the norm is 140). The best thing is that I am able to do this on my own without the therapist's help. I got to therapy three days a week and I work out on my days off. I truly believe that doing a lot of extra work at home helps me out a lot. That and a lot of encouragement from Lori (LoBusa) has been good for me. Now for the bad news. According to my doctor, he feels that the knee is still a little loose. The knee can still be moved slightly out of joint and that's not good. It has stiffened up considerably over the past few weeks, but a decision will be made by the end of September whether the doctor will have to go back in again. This time it will be strictly a scope and a fairly short surgery. I'm just hoping that it doesn't set me back in my therapy. The extra surgery doesn't bother me...it's just the thought of having to start over my therapy now that I'm doing so well. I think that depresses me more than anything else. I'm also tired of being at home all the time. Never thought that I would say this, but I really miss going to work. :alcoholic:

As for the Busa. Kennedy's doing fine. Haven't started any work on her just yet. I've got my parts and paint lined up, but nothing as of yet. My buddy, Chris, is real anxious to get started on painting my bike. He has some great ideas that he's coming up with, but I'll just keep it all under wraps until we start making some progress. All I'm going to say right now is that I am painting the bike Jade Escabus. The color is a beautiful green that changes tint with the light. Stay tuned for more updates.

Brian

Glad to hear you're doing well with your therapy, man. Hope you don't need the other surgery, or at the very least I hope it don't set you back. Take care of yourself... Best wishes! :beerchug:

:super:   Glad to see you back on board...Tried to send you a message but I freaked that up...Anyway I been rep'n for ya in ya absense...Did you want me to put that pic of you in a wheel chair in the member pics???I had forgotten about it til now...Don't be turning the Busa into a trike...That would suck...Glad your recovery is going well...If you need some inspiration I could send you a couple of freaks I know that sport the double daisies in a nasty way...I guess that want work either all you can do is lay there...These ladies get really rough...They could cause a set back in your recovery...So I'll treat them myself..."STUNNAH STYLE"...Peace out...  

Glad your spirits are up!

If you need ANYTHING, just email me!!

I'm only an hour away, and have access to a trailer.

Hey BA!, good to hear from you again.
I bet if they have to scope the knee, it won't set you back, maybe a couple of days at the most.

You'll have to take pics of the bike when you start working on it again.

As for the daisies, I'm sure the physical therapist could recommend a few "excercises" :devil:

Nice to "meet" you Brian...I don't know the details of what happened to you, but if you've been in physical therapy, I'm guessing it wasn't good...I'm kind of smart like that; making deductions and assumptions and all... :D

Best of luck and wishes for quick healing, and I'm sure Kennedy will look great when she's all fixed up!

Damn Man, I was starting to get concerned...

I had my left shoulder completely torn apart a few years ago, they can do some amazing things, it's allmost back to 100%, so do not despair the Orthopods know their business...

Rev.

Just a thought, but if your Orthopedic surgeon isn't a sports injury guy, you may want to seek one out and get a separate evaluation. The sports guys tend to deal with contact and trauma related injuries more often and that can make a difference in final outcome. Maybe find out who the Saints use and see if you can be seen...

Glad your back...

Welcome back BA glad to hear you getting better hope you get back on the busa soon !! :cool:

I saw the pics of you in the hospital just when I got my Busa. Get better soon.

From one Brian to another Brian.

Hey man... good to hear you doing so well. I have to agree with you that the extra work on the knee is worth the pain.
I had my knee rebuilt 2 years ago. Noe it's better than new. I can actually flex it tighter than my *good* knee. Still can't play the piano tho. So remember in this case there really is No gain without pain.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I would like to introduce to you a man who needs no introduction. A man whose tireless commitment and dedication to posting the best in "Postwhoring" and the like. A man whose striking good looks and quick wit keeps his fellow members either laughing or scratching their heads constantly. :drink:

Alright, enough of the BS. Just wanted to chime in to let everyone know that I'm back (may make some excited while at the same time make some say... "Aww Sh^t!!"). Anyway, here's the update on me and the Busa's condition. I'm currently in physical therapy and doing very well. Believe it or not, I am almost one month ahead of the schedule I've been put on by my doctor. Currently working on bending my knee to get it back to normal. I am able to bend it to slightly over 100 degrees (the norm is 140). The best thing is that I am able to do this on my own without the therapist's help. I got to therapy three days a week and I work out on my days off. I truly believe that doing a lot of extra work at home helps me out a lot. That and a lot of encouragement from Lori (LoBusa) has been good for me. Now for the bad news. According to my doctor, he feels that the knee is still a little loose. The knee can still be moved slightly out of joint and that's not good. It has stiffened up considerably over the past few weeks, but a decision will be made by the end of September whether the doctor will have to go back in again. This time it will be strictly a scope and a fairly short surgery. I'm just hoping that it doesn't set me back in my therapy. The extra surgery doesn't bother me...it's just the thought of having to start over my therapy now that I'm doing so well. I think that depresses me more than anything else. I'm also tired of being at home all the time. Never thought that I would say this, but I really miss going to work. :alcoholic:

As for the Busa. Kennedy's doing fine. Haven't started any work on her just yet. I've got my parts and paint lined up, but nothing as of yet. My buddy, Chris, is real anxious to get started on painting my bike. He has some great ideas that he's coming up with, but I'll just keep it all under wraps until we start making some progress. All I'm going to say right now is that I am painting the bike Jade Escabus. The color is a beautiful green that changes tint with the light. Stay tuned for more updates.

Brian
A man who needs no introduction??? The ONE the ONLY?:super: Wow, some things NEVER change.... HA HA HA HA HAHA :tounge:

I am glad to see you are back at :type: again.... We have truly missed you around here. Your wit, humor, and downright vast knowledge and expertise of the Busa has been missing for so long and it's just freakin' great to have you back!!! (Sounds like you paid me to say those things huh?) Damn, that made me feel like I was gonna puke... J/K

But really Bri, you know I hate what happened to you out here and have been cheering you along in your recovery and can't wait for you to come back out here next year to Laguna so we can do all the things we talked about but missed... :sad: You know I will come out there and visit you (once Kennedy is up and running so I can check her out for ya!)

Welcome back my friend, although you were never really gone to those of us who are close to you.....

MUCHOS BESOS!!!
Lo :bounce:

Great to hear from you again. Keep your mind in it and get back as soon as you are able.

Paul

It's good to see you posting again and I glad to hear that all is coming along nicely. That was a rough welcome to CA. Next year WILL be better. Heal fast

Glad to hear things are going well BA. Look forward to seeing the Busa, that color sounds sick... You will need to add some bling bling chrome also...

:super:

:sad: Thanx for all the sentiments and warm wishes my friends. You all just don't know how this really warms my heart to hear from people who are genuinely concerned about me. That's really cool. I just woke up this morning and was reading all the kind words before I leave to go to therapy and believe me when I say that all the kind words inspires and encourages me. Thanx again for all the nice words.

Brian

:sad: Thanx for all the sentiments and warm wishes my friends.  You all just don't know how this really warms my heart to hear from people who are genuinely concerned about me.  That's really cool.  I just woke up this morning and was reading all the kind words before I leave to go to therapy and believe me when I say that all the kind words inspires and encourages me. Thanx again for all the nice words.

Brian
Just one big happy (yet disfunctional) family. :beerchug: :laugh: I know what you're going through and it ain't fun but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It's the headlight from your Busa calling you back. :laugh: Take your time and don't push to hard. The first time back on the bike is going to be really fun atleast it was for me(once my hands stopped shaking. :laugh: ) Just a little adrenaline rush I went from not riding for about five months to 100mph to see if I could still do it. I just had to tell myself to put the left foot down (which I know is the right way anyway) but my right leg would give out on me every once and a while and the last thing I wanted to do was fall over at a light. I was back riding about two months to soon but we all know what it's like to leave the bike parked to long.
Jim

Back