You think your job has dangers?

ditchdr

Registered
The town I live in , as well as more the 40% of my lawn stuff is done in, is called Hanahan, We are pretty much a swamp. Now being a swamp we have a lot of "wild life" every where. Here are just a few shots of the "wild life" I have ot deal with. The sad part is most of them dont give a flying flip if I am trying to mow or not. Most will just lay there and play chicken with the mower.

020.jpg

018-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

007-8.jpg

019-1.jpg

Then there's the water moccasins and timber rattlers, oh and copperheads. Then there's the wasp, yellow jackets, fire ants, brown relcuse, black widows ........... :laugh:

Glad I don't have to deal with them

what kind of a noise does the mower make when you run over one of those bad boys. (was that out loud )

New business idea "lawn and exotic boots"

Then there's the water moccasins and timber rattlers, oh and copperheads. Then there's the wasp, yellow jackets, fire ants, brown relcuse, black widows ........... :laugh:

Glad I don't have to deal with them

I agree lawn care is easier here than in Australia I imagine :laugh:

I can tell ya a snake make a real loud FWAP soun d as it is slammed against the mower deck lol. Have not ran over a gater yet. Come close to having moma gater run me down cause i got to close to a nest. Was pretty scarry. Last year was bitten by a coper head, this year a swarm of wasps, were takng a bet on if it will be a gater or lightning next year.:rofl:

you have spinning blades, if one ever trys something, just lift the front wheels up... might not kill it depending on its size, but youll wreck its day forsure

Man I am gonna start carrying a cam with me and taking pics of the strange stuff I see on a regular basis at work. Normal to me, but maybe I have been doing this far to long lol

This song's for you. Crank up your speakers. :beerchug:

Hatchet Live 1979 - Gator Country‬‏ - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones u can see aren't the ones to worry about. How big are the full grown daddies? Seen pictures of people's claw marks in the clay where a gator has taken them in for a death roll...that is the stuff that just makes me arse quiver....:whistle:

The little one in the pics above is about 4 to 5 feet long, maybe 60 to 100 pounds, the bigger ones are between 7 to 8 feet long maybe 200 to 400 pounds. Biggest i have seen here is between 12 to 13 feet. Flipping head on them monsters a HUGE!!! If one that size got a hold of you the best you can do is hope you taste bad and it spits you out. A good way to guess the size it kind of measure the distance from their not to eyes. lets say it looks like 6 inches from the nose to eyes usualy means its a 5 to 6 foot gater and so on. I live on the river and there are a good many in there. Once saw a big big gater swimming with a smaller one in its mouth. Guess its a dog eat horse world in the river.:rulez:

Back